TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Mariah carey

Guest Choken One

There is no doubt that Mariah Carey is one of the Biggest free agents ever in Music history and many labels like Arista, Jive, Atlantic and Bad Boy are all very interested.

I realy think she has it to not only make it big again but return to her roots, Hopefully her Super Bowl Anthem has inspired her to return to her old style and eliminate the Rap/Hip Hop stuff and get back to the Soul music she did so well.

What you guys think?

Guest gthureson

Honestly, I don't care that much.

However, I do think her prime of selling huge is likely behind her, and the only way I would ever sign her is if her back catalogue came with her, which it won't.

That being said, someone will sign her to a five album deal worth ludicrous amounts of money.

Guest RetroRob215

Did anyone else hear about Mariah lip syncing the national anthem?  According to Howard Stern, she sang it earlier in the day and just lipped it live.

Guest whatitistoburn

New for ya buddy:  everyone lip syncs the national anthem at the superbowl.  It's like a law.

Guest Midnight Express83

Everyone does it like that. The famous Whitney Houston one isn't a live one.

And Mariah was pop before. Then she went into a style she liked. She got rid of her "pop girl" image that Britney and Jessica Simpson had when they came out. I like her r&B/hip hop style because  its more her and not corporate.

Guest KoR Fungus

I hate her.  I've always thought she was overrated, and recently I think she's gone from overrated to downright terrible.  I thought her Super Bowl performance was just as bad as everything else she's done in the last five years.  Just sing the damn songs, don't put eighty notes into every word!  I am always amused by celebrities that go into nervous breakdowns despite living a dream life, and get all this sympathetic media coverage as if we're supposed to have sympathy for their rich, spoiled asses.  I thought it was great news that her horrible movie flopped, and it was even better news when her label dumped her.  Unfortunately, some label is going to sign her and pay her tons of money, and she'll put out another terrible record or two before everyone finally gets sick of her and her new label pays her tens of millions of dollars just to go away.  Hopefully at that point we'll never have to see or hear from her again.

Mariah Carrey is spoiled?????? Ya right maybe you live her to......only her and her husband know who is really spoiled.

Guest KoR Fungus
Mariah Carrey is spoiled?????? Ya right maybe you live her to......only her and her husband know who is really spoiled.

Eh you really should edit your posts enough that they're understandable.  I have no idea what "maybe you live her to" is supposed to mean.  If you meant love instead of live, then the answer is definitely no.  In addition to disliking her work, I also find her unattractive, and I tend not to be drawn toward people that are emotionally unstable.

Anyway, all celebrities are spoiled to a certain extent, but she's above average because it seems that no amount of money, fame or success can make her happy.  I wonder if another breakdown is eminent now that she's going through the "pressure" of getting twenty million dollars for doing nothing, lol.

I was meanin to say that don't live next to her but this comp freezed for a sec. She has a right to be upset soem times cause like the big man say money can't buy your ass happyness. She may have alot of stuff but she earned her shit.....you are only spoiled i8f you get your shit for doin nothin.

Guest Wonderboy

I don't see why any record company would want to sign her. Well, okay, if I ran a label, I'd sign her to a one record deal. That way if it flops, you can move on, and if it makes big money, then you can seriously talk about a contract. Somebody signing Carey to a long-term deal seems mindless though.

As for personal preference, I've always hated Mariah, and agree with KoR. The day I feel sorry for some rich, overrated whore having a breakdown is the day I'll slit my wrists.

Guest Dark Lotus

Personally, I was waiting for her to fall down and curl up into the fetal position about halfway through the national anthem.  I'd pay money to see that.

Guest cdstunner66
You boys are all sick. You know you suck the hair of her sweet pussy if she ever let you......lol.

Fact is, no I wouldn't. She's spent the majority of her early career sleeping her way to the top with Tommy Matollo (sp?) I think she is good looking, but I wouldn't do her with your dick.

Guest dreamer420

I think Mariah is past her prime.  She will probably get signed and keep pumping out shitty album after  shitty album until she hangs it up.

Well look who's here Cdstunner the biggest rascist of all. I would bang her down......all the shit that old guy put up inside her is all gone......that was a long ass time ago.

Guest J*ingus

Maybe his "seed" is long gone, but diseases can last a lifetime.  

Seriously, I'm not sure why she was ever so popular in the first place.  For her much-vaunted "vocal ability" and 5-octave range?  Big deal, any competently trained classical soprano can match that.  For her looks?  Out of makeup & costume, she doesn't look much different than any woman off the street.  

Whoa... I think I just described 98% of female pop singers over the last decade.

How can you say that????? She has some shit songs but her voice is better than some classical bullshitist. Plus how do you know she has diseases?????? I'm sure they did it safe and sound.