TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Angle-plex

I quit

Guest Angle-plex

I quit the OAOAST.

I give permission to Zsasz to use my character until Living Angleously.

Guest The Superstar

Please tell me it's just your character...didn't you say you would at least be involved with the creative process?

Guest SP-1

I mean, I know the "Ban Agnes" stuff has been around for a while but . . . he's put up with it stunningly for quite some time as I gather. Why suddenly up a leave as we're on the verge of the split he helped put into motion?

AP?

Guest evenflowDDT

????

Don't leave AP! We need more steroid-induced Warrior power! Tick tock... seriously though, you've stuck here like the longest, and with all that's gone on lately I'm already starting to feel like we're sinking a little. I hope that's just me, but...

Guest Zack Malibu

::points to no-retirement clause in AP's contract.::

You aren't quitting. Just catch me on AIM, or PM me to talk about it. Seriously though, don't quit until we talk. Please!

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Dont quit AP, if you do, the OAOAST will be forced to push me. Seriously, you will be missed.

Guest Angle-plex

Sorry, should have been more clear on this guys. I have to focus on school and stuff for a few months at least. If I come back (which is VERY doubtful), it will be around August/September.

I just have some other things I have to take care of first. :(

EDIT: Oh, and when I made this thread, I was pissed at a friend of mine, plus I hadn't slept for over 2 days, so that's why I decide to quit now. I had already worked out something with Zsasz to leave at the next PPV.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

whew~!

allrite buddy...good luck with your schooling...stick around and say hi n stuff...well miss ya!

Guest evenflowDDT
Sorry, should have been more clear on this guys. I have to focus on school and stuff for a few months at least. If I come back (which is VERY doubtful), it will be around August/September.

Ahhh... OK. Yes, school and real life stuff is always more important. Take some time off, work hard, and we'll see you soon :)

Guest Kotzenjunge

Can the Knights be the ones to put you out on the HD after Living Angleously?

EDIT: I was kidding.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Thank god, Agnes isnt gone for good.

Im like the only person not to have beaten him :lol:

Guest Lightning Flik
Thank god, Agnes isnt gone for good.

Im like the only person not to have beaten him :lol:

Uh, not true Esk. Many of the newbies haven't either.

Guest Angle-plex

Ok, I feel bad for lying to you guys. I have to get this off my chest, because I've been feeling bad about it for a while.

I didn't quit because of school. Hell, my GPA is just above 3.5 right now, and that's good enough for me at least. I just pussied out when I came here and read all of your responses, and I lied by saying I was coming back eventually. well, there possibility for a return will always be open, but I currently am not planning on ever returning to the OAOAST.

Why did I quit then? Well, basically because my interest in the OAOAST died long ago. I had been sick of the OAOAST since Great Angle Bash, and I only stayed around because I was friends with most of you.

So right now I'm going to go through a step by step focus on my career. Hopefully this will help the OAOAST so the bookers don't make the same mistakes again (although it wasn't all their fault).

1) The losing streak. I know, I keep bringing it up, and I should let it die. But I can't. Why? Because this is the #1 thing that killed my interest in participating in writing matches/promos/ect. During the first 2 months or so, before we had a forum, a website, or vanilla midgets, I was constantly updating the rosters and stables, pretty much single-handedly. I think most of the old guys will agree with me on that. I was very much involved with the OAOAST, and I wrote my matches for the next PPV mere days after they were announced.'

But, as most of you know, I lost every match for over 5 months. This was just an ongoing joke, which even I thought was funny at times, but what the others guys weren't thinking about was this: Why would I want to continue doing anything with the OAOAST if I was getting anything but humiliated in return? If you look back in the archives, you'll most likely see my involvment in the OAOAST decrease in the first few months. This was the main reason why.

2) The BPP feud. I had no problem working with BPP, since he's a pretty cool guy, but I just didn't want this feud to happen. I wanted my character to "get fired" and lead a new federation to wage war with the OAOAST (this idea later turned into the OAOMEF). Instead, I was told that I had "big plans" coming up. So I went with it, even though I really had no choice anyways. Well, come to find out, this "big plan" was just ANOTHER joke character in the All American Boy. It was completely lame, although it's probably kind of my fault this gimmick failed, since I rarely contributed anything by this point.

3) The Rumble Win. Why would a rumble win be bad? It wasn't. I was quite happy I was getting pushed until after I found out that it was originally meant to be a joke. Now, this may not be a big deal to some of you, but I gave about 10 months of your life to the fed, and despite numerous times being told I wasn't going to be a joke anymore, I still was. To be honest, at this point I felt like my whole OAOAST career had been a waste. I nearly quit numerous times around then, but I promised myself I would stay until AM II.

Anyways, the roster split looked interesting, and I felt REALLY bad leaving Zacky and Superstar in the cold, but my interest in the OAOAST had been dead for months, and I just didn't feel like I should be organizing the HeldDOWN shows if they weren't going to be top notch. It wouldn't be fair to the guys.

Despite this, I still don't want the OAOAST to die. Ever. I know at some point we'll all be gone, and the OAOAST will just be history, but I'd love to see this thing last until Anglemania V. Everyone seems to be working really hard on the shows, and it seems that it's as if the OAOAST is starting it's "New Generation" era, or so to speak. Just don't let the "ratings" go in the shitter. ;)

Guest evenflowDDT
Why did I quit then? Well, basically because my interest in the OAOAST died long ago. I had been sick of the OAOAST since Great Angle Bash, and I only stayed around because I was friends with most of you.

That sucks AP. I'm sorry to hear you weren't having fun, but having seen first-hand and even participating (on a much smaller scale than everyone else) the way you were treated, I don't blame you in the slightest. Losing all the time sucks. Being made fun of all the time sucks. And you were losing all the time and being made fun of all the time.

Guest Lightning Flik

:ph34r: Geezwhizmurphymegatroids...

*not liking how all these guys are just dropping like flies*

Guest Big Poppa Popick

3) The Rumble Win. Why would a rumble win be bad? It wasn't. I was quite happy I was getting pushed until after I found out that it was originally meant to be a joke. Now, this may not be a big deal to some of you, but I gave about 10 months of your life to the fed, and despite numerous times being told I wasn't going to be a joke anymore, I still was. To be honest, at this point I felt like my whole OAOAST career had been a waste. I nearly quit numerous times around then, but I promised myself I would stay until AM II.

-Im really sorry it didn't come sooner...but I'm really glad that at the very least I did one thing right by you in changing how the iZ was going to run. We were going to strip youof the win, but then i noticed your win/loss and everything...and just felt damn, you deserved something big and something worthwhile...if your last match was an AM2 world title match, then at least the "little engine that could" made it to a very high point

you'll be missed bro.

Guest Sandman9000

Let's see.

Agnes quit because he wasn't having fun.

Supes quit because he wasn't having fun.

I quit because I wasn't having fun.

Am I the only who who sees a trend here?

Guest Big Poppa Popick

its not my place to close this thread...i think it would tick some people off, but i think that weve run long enough with negativity , and not with positivity

Guest caboose
I also see the Booking Feedback thread not being used. But that's just me.

This goes far beyond the booking feedback thread.

This is all about how the thread was/is/will be run.

Bottom line is this, most of what the OAOAST was originally about no longer exists within it. There are dashes here and there of the old OAOAST but the new E-Fed approach is dominant and with that the older members are leaving while the newer members are embracing it. So its a double edged sword. But then there are those who are trying to reatin the old spirit while adopting the newer approach as well.

Guest SP-1

That's what that thread is there for. To make sure everyone is good with things. If there's a problem, bring it up. We'll deal with it as show community or as a whole community, whichever the problem calls for. But keeping it to yourself and then bolting does nothing to help things stay cohesive.

Guest caboose

The main problem I know AP and SS had with the OAOAST required changing the whole structure of the OAOAST. Then when they try and play it the new way, they got pissed off again. That is not gonna wanna make anyone stick around. A booking feedback thread doesn't cover problems with other members or how the thread is run.

Guest SP-1

I think it could if given the chance and if people actually used it. But since it's rarely ever used, how is anyone supposed to know what's up before a bomb gets dropped?

Sign in to follow this