TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Torch news...

I'm not going to lie...I stole this from L4W over at WDI. I figured something like this would have been here by now.

-- Kurt Angle has heat with some people in the company right now for not giving Brock Lesnar enough offense at Wrestlemania. It is thought that he took responsibility for booking the match and did not do a good job and that every sequence was designed to make him look good in the end.

-- No one is buying Kurt Angle's six-week recovery. At the least, he is looking at a 12-week recovery. Lots of wrestlers are skeptical that he is taking medical advice from Scott Hall, with Austin said to be very openly critical.

-- There is also some heat on the Rock for the promo he delivered on Monday night. The feeling is that Rock is being treated like such a special attraction and is naming off all the people he has beaten and it's making the rest of the roster look bush league.

-- Steve Austin is now basically retired due to his neck injury.

-- Triple H spoke out against jobbing to Booker T. He argued that babyfaces should not be transitional world champions and that Booker should only win if they plan to make him a permanent main eventer after the loss. He argued that Chris Jericho was hurt before because the company did not back him and he did not want the same happening to Booker. He also argued that he needs to be kept strong for Goldberg. The two are scheduled to headline the first RAW PPV in June.

-- Vince McMahon made the decision to shorten the cruiserweight and lengthen the Undertaker's match.

-- The reason Paul Heyman is in the doghouse right now is that he was very vocal about wanting this Wrestlemania to be the show where the new guard went over the old guard in every match. He was most specifically vocal about Shawn Michaels v Chris Jericho, calling Shawn a "ratings disaster" and claiming that putting him over anyone at this point is not a good idea.

-- There is already a running joke among the wrestlers that Steve Austin, the Rock and Mick Foley will return just in time to headline next year's Wrestlemania.

-- Lots of head shaking over the Undertaker being allowed to be so dominant in a handicap match.

-- As of right now, the plan is for Rock to leave immediately after Backlash and probably not return for 6-8 months.

-- Steve Austin will most likely be staying on RAW in a figurehead role.

Discuss.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I hate every single word I read through the tears of being a wrestling fan.

Guest notJames

So is WW_ in the Dead Pool yet? Because they should be, if the monkeys that run this company are any indication.

Of course, this is all predicated on the above information being true, which I'm not sold on 100%.

Politics kills.

Guest bob_barron
-- There is also some heat on the Rock for the promo he delivered on Monday night. The feeling is that Rock is being treated like such a special attraction and is naming off all the people he has beaten and it's making the rest of the roster look bush league.

Not to spread any HHHhate but he did the same thing in December and I don't remember him getting any heat for it

Guest Choken One

Huh...Some interesting notes...

Angle is really popular right now eh? Cool...Maybe it's time for the Angle bAcklash too occur?

What the difference of Rock doing that and HHH doing it?

Guest Super Pissed Smark
What the difference of Rock doing that and HHH doing it?

Who they're doing.

Guest El Satanico

I'm sensing some hostilities from the overlooked/misused/undercard guys towards the "top" guys and management.

I wonder where I remember hearing such things...

Guest Mattdotcom
--Triple H spoke out against jobbing to Booker T. He argued that babyfaces should not be transitional world champions and that Booker should only win if they plan to make him a permanent main eventer after the loss. He argued that Chris Jericho was hurt before because the company did not back him and he did not want the same happening to Booker. He also argued that he needs to be kept strong for Goldberg. The two are scheduled to headline the first RAW PPV in June.

Shawn Michaels, transitional babyface champion who can't be a main eventer due to injuries and a light schedule...and who'd he beat for that title? Gasp.

Guest buffybeast
-- No one is buying Kurt Angle's six-week recovery. At the least, he is looking at a 12-week recovery. Lots of wrestlers are skeptical that he is taking medical advice from Scott Hall, with Austin said to be very openly critical.

-- Vince McMahon made the decision to shorten the cruiserweight and lengthen the Undertaker's match.

-- Lots of head shaking over the Undertaker being allowed to be so dominant in a handicap match.

I'm not buying Kurt's expected recovery time, either. It just seems to good to be true.

Why would Vince want to lengthen the Taker match at the expense of the cruiser match? I don't understand, either, why Taker was made to look so dominant against two powerhouses. It totally takes away from Show and A-train.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Injury recovery times are almost ALWAYS underestimated. HHH's quad tear was only supposed to set him back six months (as announced by Vince McMahon on the following Smackdown), and Benoit's neck surgery only eight.

Good lord buffy, I usually say nothing about your Albert love, but that sig and that caption - that is truly disturbing.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

So there's heat for almost every main-eventer?

I can't see how wrestlers can complain about Rock and Angle, who regularly put people over clean. Whiney bitches have been on the net too much.

Guest jester
Triple H spoke out against jobbing to Booker T. He argued that babyfaces should not be transitional world champions and that Booker should only win if they plan to make him a permanent main eventer after the loss. He argued that Chris Jericho was hurt before because the company did not back him and he did not want the same happening to Booker. He also argued that he needs to be kept strong for Goldberg. The two are scheduled to headline the first RAW PPV in June.

Well here's an idea. DON'T MAKE BOOKER A TRANSITIONAL CHAMP. Give him a few months with the title. Oh, and I love the line about backing from the company. How is Booker T backed up by jobbing to HHH? AS for Goldberg, there's plenty of time to build HHH up again for June.

Hey Vince, have you ever worked for a wrestling federation before? Ass.

Guest Lord of The Curry

I'm not buying Kurt's expected recovery time, either. It just seems to good to be true.

Why would Vince want to lengthen the Taker match at the expense of the cruiser match? I don't understand, either, why Taker was made to look so dominant against two powerhouses. It totally takes away from Show and A-train.

*Stares at buffy in disbelief*

*Sighs in an exasperated tone*.

Alright guys, I'll tell her.

You see buffy, Vince McMahon is a giant tool. He thinks that big slow pieces of shit like Undertaker and Big Show will give the fans a more entertaining match then Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio. Having this disease causes Vince to do stupid things, sometimes every day and this is one of those incidents.

Guest godthedog

this seems to have been made up by somebody who knows exactly what to say in order to piss everyone off as much as possible.

either that, or we're all fucked.

Guest snuffbox

Medical advice from Scotty Hall.... :lol:

Am I really the only one who thinks the Raw brand ppv would be better off with a Booker title defense and HHH-Goldberg as double main events? Hunter and 'Berg are both over without any title so thats a draw; and Booker vs someone for the world title is another. But oh well.

Guest MD2020

Am I really the only one who thinks the Raw brand ppv would be better off with a Booker title defense and HHH-Goldberg as double main events? Hunter and 'Berg are both over without any title so thats a draw; and Booker vs someone for the world title is another. But oh well.

Ha Ha Ha...you and your "logic".

When will you learn that things that make perfect sense have no place in the WWE?

Guest snuffbox

Ha Ha Ha...you and your "logic".

When will you learn that things that make perfect sense have no place in the WWE?

Amen to that dude....you should join the 'Revolution'

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I just read at 411 that the backstage favorite from Wrestlemania was McMahon/Hogan. That in a nutshell is one of the reasons I stopped watching wrestling. When it looked like Booker T was going to get jobbed out to the NWO like last summer, I planned on boycotting wrestling if it did happen. When Stephanie McMahon found her way back on tv, I made good on my intentions. Triple H is a self-serving sack of shit and anyone who's fooled by him is a dumb sack of shit. He's found a way to bury every face on the RAW roster and I can just imagine what's going to happen when him and Goldberg have to go at it. With the exception of one match, it took multiple finishers to end each of the big matches at Wrestlemania. Take one guess who got to put his opponent away with one finisher. Then you take a look at Smackdown, the critically aclaimed show on the internet and you have two McMahons and the Undertaker. I just read a recap of last week's Smackdown and before he even has hs match with Cena, I would like to extend a "fuck you" to the Undertaker. When will they knock the crap off? When will the bullshit politics stop? How is Undertaker a leader when he won't do what's best for the company? Everyone who has a clue knows that he's not going to put Cena over clean. While everyone may have been pissed about the cancelled Rock/Booker T match leading up to Wrestlemania, at least Triple H didn't get to go over Booker T after Booker T had already gone over the Rock, who is beginning a program with Goldberg. Everyone does all of this political bullshit and it's killing the business. I guess it's ok if they kill the business as long as they get what they want from it before it dies. Fuck Triple H. Fuck Vince McMahon and his damn ego. Fuck Stephanie McMahon. Fuck the Undertaker, Fuck Linda McMahon for trying to lie to the investors instead of fixing the company. Fuck the old guys who just can't fucking leave. Fuck the yes-men who lack the balls to say that there's a better way than Vince McMahon's way. Fuck Jim Ross. Fuck Shawn Michaels. Fuck the Clique. Fuck Hogan. Fuck Piper. Fuck Sable. Fuck the people who keep letting them come back. Fuck the bookers. Fuck the writers. Fuck 'em all for ruining a good thing.

EXACTLY. Problem is HHH thinks his title actually means something when all it is is the #2 belt in the company thus making it a glorified IC Title. Its just title envy on his part because at this point even he knows it wouldn't be good for business for him to hold the real WWE World Title. Mark my word though if he drops his title in June to Goldberg, and he obviously won't be a transitional champion, HHH will find a way to get on Smackdown and beat Brock for the real belt by SummerSlam.

Guest snuffbox
Man, these WCW reports are getting bad.

WWE, I mean. Yes. WWE . . .

you were right the first time ;)

Guest El Satanico
This company cannot be this screwed up.

Well, it's not impossible. Vince isn't "above" suffering the same problems WCW had. It'll probably get worse too.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

To be fair, Hall hasn't really had recurring neck problems, so maybe this piece of advice isn't so bad.

Now, if he was taking other advice from Scotty, then I'd be worried.

Guest DerangedHermit
I just read at 411 that the backstage favorite from Wrestlemania was McMahon/Hogan. That in a nutshell is one of the reasons I stopped watching wrestling. When it looked like Booker T was going to get jobbed out to the NWO like last summer, I planned on boycotting wrestling if it did happen. When Stephanie McMahon found her way back on tv, I made good on my intentions. Triple H is a self-serving sack of shit and anyone who's fooled by him is a dumb sack of shit. He's found a way to bury every face on the RAW roster and I can just imagine what's going to happen when him and Goldberg have to go at it. With the exception of one match, it took multiple finishers to end each of the big matches at Wrestlemania. Take one guess who got to put his opponent away with one finisher. Then you take a look at Smackdown, the critically aclaimed show on the internet and you have two McMahons and the Undertaker. I just read a recap of last week's Smackdown and before he even has hs match with Cena, I would like to extend a "fuck you" to the Undertaker. When will they knock the crap off? When will the bullshit politics stop? How is Undertaker a leader when he won't do what's best for the company? Everyone who has a clue knows that he's not going to put Cena over clean. While everyone may have been pissed about the cancelled Rock/Booker T match leading up to Wrestlemania, at least Triple H didn't get to go over Booker T after Booker T had already gone over the Rock, who is beginning a program with Goldberg. Everyone does all of this political bullshit and it's killing the business. I guess it's ok if they kill the business as long as they get what they want from it before it dies. Fuck Triple H. Fuck Vince McMahon and his damn ego. Fuck Stephanie McMahon. Fuck the Undertaker, Fuck Linda McMahon for trying to lie to the investors instead of fixing the company. Fuck the old guys who just can't fucking leave. Fuck the yes-men who lack the balls to say that there's a better way than Vince McMahon's way. Fuck Jim Ross. Fuck Shawn Michaels. Fuck the Clique. Fuck Hogan. Fuck Piper. Fuck Sable. Fuck the people who keep letting them come back. Fuck the bookers. Fuck the writers. Fuck 'em all for ruining a good thing.

You forgot this:

Fuck Goldberg.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I thought Kurt gave Brock enough offense during the match.

It wasn't like a Triple H squashfest or anything.

Besides, maybe Kurt was trying to protect his NECK!

Guest NoCalMike
-- The reason Paul Heyman is in the doghouse right now is that he was very vocal about wanting this Wrestlemania to be the show where the new guard went over the old guard in every match. He was most specifically vocal about Shawn Michaels v Chris Jericho, calling Shawn a "ratings disaster" and claiming that putting him over anyone at this point is not a good idea.

If that is true, and he called HBK a "ratings disaster" well, then expect Heyman to show up as GM on NWA/TNA on Wednesday, haha. Seriously though, he seemed to have the right idea, yet WM went in the total opposite direction. Heyman and Vince are on two complete different wavelengths of thinking. Vince must have one hell of an ego to put Heyman in the doghouse for not agreeing with him.

Guest El Satanico

The whole "what's he doing taking advice from Scott Hall" stuff is so damn childish, but I guess we now expect these wrestlers to act like children.

All Angle has talked to Scott Hall about is a surgery that Hall has first hand experience with and that Angle is considering. What the hell does Scott Hall's personal addiction demons have to do with Angle asking him about a surgery? People can be so fucking stupid sometimes.

It's a surgery that could be a major breakthrough for the entire wrestling industry and these dumb asses are acting like Angle got a call from the devil and accepted an invitation to a Fiddle competition.

If this proceedure lives up to the "too good to be true" expectations, then these dumb asses better thank Angle AND Hall since it will make all of their lives better as this is a rather common injury for wrestlers.