TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tully316

my opinion on TNA

You know, I'm not really sure how to take TNA anymore. There seems to be a real lack of direction that I think hurts the company. There seems to be a lot of booking on the fly and banking on the "surprise guest fo the week" to draw viewers in.

Workers are not matched up well (Dusty in a ladder match with Lawler?!?!) and storylines are addressed one week and forgotten for several.

I understand that its hard to lock down all the indy workers, but there are several people that just need to stay in TNA if they are going to succeed.

There have recently been some GREAT pickups in my opinion. Raven, D-Lo, etc. But I really want to see some consistant appearances and some consistant booking.

They have a core of really talented workers that they need to focus on:

Jarret, Killings, AJ, Lynn, Raven, D-Lo, Skipper, Daniels, Low Ki.

They could greatly benefit from regualr appearances by guys like Steve Corino or Barry windham.

They've also got some gems like AMW and some X guys.

But they've also got some deadweight: Flair, Harrises, Sandman.

People like that are okay for shock value, but then dump them afterwards if you have nothing good for them.

I think part of the problem lies in that they seem to have too many storylines and they're throwing them at the wall to see what will stick.

I love TNA and hope it one day brings the NWA back to its former glory, but thats not gonna happen unless some solid direction is taken soon, in my opinion.

Thoughts? And please no flames, I just want a good debate/discusssion. Thanks

Geoff

Lately, they've gotten a lot better when it comes to keeping their storylines and not dropping them, they've just been dragging them out too long. There are still a few glaring exceptions though: What happened to Vader? What happened to Larry Zbyszko as AJ Styles' mentor? GIVE US SOMETHING!

What TNA seriously needs is to give the audience reasons why these people do what they do.

Now that Vince Russo is gone, what is the purpose of Sports Entertainment Extreme? Why is Mabel with The Truth? Why is New Jack here? What happened to JJ Dillon? Why should we cheer Jeff Jarrett over D'Lo Brown? Things like that bother me because when there is no explanation, storylines end up with plot holes. Without these reasons, the fans can't latch onto anyone and get behind them.

Right now, there is no true #1 babyface in the company. As a matter of fact, if you look at it...there's an abundance of heels. They need to fix that and soon.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hey did anyone read my preview that discussed this very topic?