TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

One And Only Week 39 Thread

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

That was a damn solid show. The pacing was tight and logical, the transitions were smooth, the matches were good, and the crowd was hot.

Very good show.

Guest geniusMoment

Keller called it one of their worst shows, I just don't understand him anymore its like he watches a different show.

Guest RedJed
now, when russo brings mideon on here and gives him the world belt, you all will blame him first, but i dont see anyone giving him good credit....

It's hard to tell what is who's booking when you have (at least) dual bookers on the shows. All you can do is go from past booking concepts of a person, plain and simple. And in that case, its highly likely a person may be wrong when it comes to saying who does what, still. I will give Russo credit if I know he's defiantely done a certain thing, thats all I know.

With that said, some of the "bam-bam-bam" booking tonight seemed to be a Russo concept at least in its initial stage (likely a duel effort by the end though..........that will be my judgement on just about everything until I know differently). One thing that came to mind with this was the Saturn interview, interrupted by Jarrett which lead to Barton attacking Saturn. I've always liked that kind of a bunch of things happening one after another type of stuff Russo does, as long as the things done hold purpose and can keep my attention.

Guest EN090

I didn't get to order but it looks like a great show to me. This is why I like Vince Russo - he gives everyone a story, all the stories somehow tie together and you have to think about them. I'm just pissed that I can't order. :angry:

I especially liked the deal where they actually set a date for Raven vs. Jarrett so that they have something to build to. I'm really liking Disco/Sanders role as well as the AMW storyline and the NWA Legends vs. New Generation. Eric Watts looks to be a breakout star.

Really liked how they booked the tag X match, setting up several matches down the road.

Also liked the Sandman/New Jack deal.

You guys didn't like it but the last segment was my favorite. I think this whole Jarrett thing is brilliant. Everyone is challenging him and he finds himself in a position where he is all alone so the pressure gets to him. But there will be a swerve at the end - I don't think he will turn heel just like that. The thing with Dusty made sense because Jarrett/Dusty fought side by side before and laying out Dusty with a chair will bring more heat to this supposed Jarrett heel turn.

Couple things I didn't like was the The Truth not being there and no Konnan.

Overall it seemed really good though.

Guest RedJed

I will say this much, I think we finally are seeing Russo and Jarrett blending well together in booking, or at least they are hitting a solid level that we haven't seen before until recently. The shows arent reeking of one or the others booking anymore, it seems to be more a mix of the two.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think I learned tonight that storylines definitively = crowd reaction.

The crowd was into the ladder match so much that the damn thing was watchable. And that was, IMO, a BAD storyline going in.

I can only imagine how hot the crowd will be on April 30 for Raven/JJ

Guest RedJed

Thats gonna be a loaded show, I'm betting that is when we will see Red or Lynn against Kash too.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Very possible.

I can't wait for Lynn/Red and Lynn and Red vs. XXX!

Guest EN090

What do you guys think of the buildup for Raven/Jarrett? Was it better than Styles/Jeff? I personally liked Styles/Jeff buildup better but this isn't far behind. The feud really heated up last week when Jarrett plastered Alexis Laree with the chair.

One of the things I like about TNA is that title matches are built up over a period of months. Unlike WWE where the predictable "two guys fight for a month and have a match at a PPV" happens.

Guest RedJed
What do you guys think of the buildup for Raven/Jarrett? Was it better than Styles/Jeff? I personally liked Styles/Jeff buildup better but this isn't far behind. The feud really heated up last week when Jarrett plastered Alexis Laree with the chair.

One of the things I like about TNA is that title matches are built up over a period of months. Unlike WWE where the predictable "two guys fight for a month and have a match at a PPV" happens.

And that takes balls for them to buildup matches for months at a time when you have the company in the situation they are with a demand to have a ppv every week. I love that they are doing it though, when TNA first started, they seemed to rush things ALOT and it would be very weak and short builds in feuds, sometimes culminating in just like two weeks or less, and matches would just be thrown out there with a weak reasoning from the week before.

I think this Raven/Jarrett buildup has been great, part of it has been incorporating Jarretts new characteristics too, which COULD lead to a double turn in their match, time will tell I guess.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like what they've done with Raven and Jarrett individually.

Raven's destiny has my attention.

Jarrett's "issues" do too.

There's two weeks to try and tie them together...which should be easy with Raven going over Jarrett since he is the first opponent for the title who is more focused than Jarrett is.

Guest Space_Cowboy

Hopefully at least some of Raven v JJ, Lynn/Red v XXX, Lynn v Red and Lynn or Red v Kash fall on the next show that's shown in Australia, i'm certainly looking forward to all of them.