TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik at Cornell

2003 NCAA Frozen Four Thread

Guest Mik at Cornell

Hi all,

Just wondering if we have any college hockey fans here, and if so who do you think is going to take the whole thing? It's obvious who I'm going for. Just hope we can pull it off so I'm finally proud of this hellhole I have called home for the past three years. I think we have a good chance, Leneveu is like a savior in the pipes and we have a tremendous penalty kill.

It all kicks off tomorrow, and in true Ivy-League-I'm-A-Dork fashion I won't be watching it because I have an exam. Why do they schedule this shit at noon to begin with? Hopefully there are some more college hockey fans here so we can discuss!!

Guest nl5xsk1

I follow college hockey, but only casually. I actually pay more attention to the Beanpot tourney (local one here in Mass btwn. BU, BC, Harvard, and Northeastern) than I do to the Frozen 4.

I'm rooting for UNH, but just because they're the most "local" team. And whoever wins the UNH-Cornell matchup will be who I root for in the finals.

Guest MaxPower27

Don't get much coverage down here, what with it being Florida and all, but I will watch the Frozen Four tomorrow.

Last year's Minnesota v. Maine was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a while. Only eclipsed by Det v. Carolina game 4 (the 3OT game) and the NHL All Star Game this past February.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Ok, well if you don't have any favorites do me a favor and cheer for (number one nationally ranked) Cornell.

I need something to get me over the fact that I go to a school that gets 8 inches of snow dropped on it on April 7th.

Guest Vern Gagne

Go Gophers!

This is a tough call. The Gophers have a great offense, but the goaltending isn't great, they also aren't use to the smaller sheet of ice.

I don't know alot about the other 3 teams. Except Michigan has a good young goalie, and Cornell lost only 4 games, not exactly sure how good their league was though.

I'll pick New Hampshire. For various reasons.

Guest Mik at Cornell

Well, fuck, we lost 3-2. It was nice to watch my team on ESPN, heartbreaking to have one go off the post w/ 22 seconds left, but such is life.

Guest MaxPower27

New Hampshire v. Minnesota, Finals on Saturday.

Should be a good game. If it's half as good as Minnesota v. Michigan was, we're in for a treat.

Guest nl5xsk1

UNH plays good good hockey - I've watched a few of their games this year, and they seem to play a good consistent game.

But obviously Minn does as well (defending nat'l champs and all) ... I'm guessing it will be a close game, decided by whichever goalie plays the better game.

I'm predicting (and rooting for) UNH.

Guest Vern Gagne

Minnesota can be the first team since Boston University 31 years ago to win back to back Championships. That's pretty remarkable that it's been that long.