TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Ddp has finally arrived in the wwf!

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

What the hell is DDP doing right now anyways? Still trying to be an actor? Something tells me he'd make a great announcer or something. Shit, reunite DDP with Nash as his manager and change Nash's name back to whatever it was (Vinnie Vegas, right?). Midcard gold!

Guest Boo_Bradley

DDP should bring back the Freebirds. Hayes is employed by the WWE, Jimmy wrestled a year or so ago, Terry Gordy's son is a wrestler, and Buddy Roberts can be the antique manager (ala Freddie Blassie in the early 80's)

Guest Boo_Bradley

Or better yet bring back Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka and let them suck up RAW...

Guest Nater

Gotta give it up for the guy who dragged a decent match out of The Giant.

He had great promo skills, but the way that WWE used him (and the period of burying WCW talent) just had him down the drain.

They never put him over as a threat to Taker, so he ends up getting chopped around by Bob Holly.

Shit on.. but not 'Bret Hart Shit On'

Guest Choken One

Page will be back soon enough...but not in WWE. I could see him as TNA's Uber-Heel manager for some young punk...

Guest Aero
It's a shame for ddp. He could have been huge in the wwe, but politics screwed him.

That and Bob Holly.

IIRC, DDP actually injured himself on superplexing Holly and landed awkwardly. Holly didn't superplex him.

Guest Blue Bacchus

I really miss him. He was for a long time for me, the only reason to watch Nitro. We're talking '97/'98 here.

At least he won his match at Wrestlemania.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Hahaha.

I never thought I'd see Downhome post:

God, the fans just seemed so in to him tonight on SD, and it's been building for the past week. ####, this is the most DDP has been over in a LONG time.

And:

I can't believe how they screwed up DDP. He could have been so usefull for the company had they just allowed him to do his thing.

On the very same page.

Bless you, internet.

Guest saturnmark4life

I still think DDP/Christian was just about the MOTN at WMX8. It's a great example of his talent, going in with zero heat and just using the too-often-missed basics of wrestling to get over in the time you have. I've seen evidence of this from Dreamer as well, which is why his misuse has always frustrated me so much. Just stick the guy in the ring and have him fucking wrestle.

Guest Trivia247

um What are you talking about??

DDP coming back??

or is it some vid clip they are showing from a desire video..

Guest Coffey

The post was made over a year ago. Someone bumped it like a fucking retard. Check out the date of the original post...

Date posted: Posted: Feb 1 2002, 01:12 AM

Today's date: Posted on Jul 16 2003, 07:14 PM

Guest DonWestMark03

I am glad that DDP is moving up in the ranks of WWE. I always enjoyed his promos and his work in the ring.

Guest Big_Jay101

DDP actually said before he was injured he was in line for a major push then it was ruined by his injury

Guest evilhomer
It's a shame for ddp. He could have been huge in the wwe, but politics screwed him.

That and Bob Holly.

IIRC, DDP actually injured himself on superplexing Holly and landed awkwardly. Holly didn't superplex him.

DDP himself also said that it wasn't just that incident. It was years of wrestling and an old body. This was just the spot that finally did him in.

It sounds bad because it happened with a stiff worker, but it could have been anyone.

You know I always did want to see The Rock Vs. Diamond Dallas Page match. People's Champ Vs. People's Champ...

Guest The Czech Republic

Oh thanks Rico, not only is that a fucking stupid post, you posted it TWICE.