TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Renegade

BitTorrent sites...

Guest Renegade

The question is pretty much in the title, anybody have any BitTorrent site links?

Guest Marshall

What I weird site I just posted. I have no idea what this BitTorrent is. Can't be as good as sharereactor.com teamed with emule.

Guest TUS_02
I'll bite. What's BitTorrent?

In it's simpliest form... BitTorrents is a file-sharing... uh... thing. It's not like kazaa it terms of it being a search prgram. I'm still unfamilliar with the terms and everything, but it makes downloading shit MUCH easier as the more people who are downloading a file, the faster it goes... for your not downloading from start of the file to the end....

THat's about all I can explain about it....

Guest Lethargic

I tried to use that thing but it wouldn't work through my firewall and router.

Guest areacode212

I've been hearing some pretty good things about BitTorrent. This girl is burning Buffy seasons 5-7 on CD for me, and she claims that it's the best place for TV episodes. Too bad I only have 56k at home, so I can't do this myself.

Guest LatinoHeat

I'm having some problems

When I download a file it saves as a word doc and i then unzip it. That opens a new window where it connects to peers but after 10 or so seconds of trying to connect to peers I get this message:

ERROR (11:54 AM) -

Problem connecting to tracker - [Errno socket error] (10061, 'Connection refused')

Guest Marshall

I've heard good and bad things, check it:

I know that BitTorrent is rising in popularity and that it is likely the fastest way for getting episodes (right after those ftps..). Nevertheless BitTorrent is a more dangerous network for those who are uploading, especially those who are running trackers. Most of the major sites offering torrent links were already taken down by their owners due to legal concerns, and i really dont wont to see SR in trouble for bt links. On another note, this site is dedicated to files being shared on the edonkey/overnet-network, not *anything* else. This might be reconsidered some time, but considering the latest developments of p2p, certainly this wont be happening in the near future.

If you got your sources for Bittorrent links, download your files and share them on ed2k and feel free to post those ed2k links here. if you got your sources on irc or some newsgroups, share what you find there on ed2k. if you got your sources on ftp sites, leech and share. But do it on ed2k if you like to share it with the SR community.

I don't know what that means but it sounds bad. I'll stick with my mule for episodes and movies, untill I can figure out ICQ/dalnet

Guest Galactic Gigolo

Holy crap. I found out about BT a couple hours before reading this thread and am currently about 1/6 of the way through downloading both CD1 and CD2 of GTA VC for PC, then I plan on downloading a bunch of TV episodes and saving them, then eventually turned them into DVDs.

:: dances ::

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Right now, GTA:VC -and- Enter The Matrix are up, and both work fine.

Guest Marshall

I've been trying out BitTorrent, and it's ok. It's the fastest way to get files, but it slows down your internet connection, I think thats because you cant set the upload speed.

Does anyone know a site for Family Guy episodes?

Guest Renegade

I've been downloading suikoden 2 from supernova for about 2 months now and I'm on 99% and have been for the last two weeks.

Lack of seeds can really piss you off sometimes.