1. 1. Who will win the wwf title first?

• Chris Benoit
    • Rob Van Dam
    • Booker T
    • Diamond Dallas Page
    • Rhyno
    • Edge
    • Rikishi
    • Scott Steiner (of course he would have to sign first)
    • Goldberg (ditto)
    • None Of These Men will EVER win the WWF title...because you know...HHH

Guest Tony149

HHH is going to get the WWF Title first. Everybody assumes the nWo will do a run-in during the Jericho/SCSA main event at No Way Out. Unless the WWF has Austin win.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I thikn that I worded it poorly.

I meant of the people on the list (all of which have never held the WWF title) which one would break through the concrete ceiling (those that say it's made of glass are fools) and win the WWF title first.

The HHH option was to mean that he would see to it that none of those men ever win it.

Guest LooseCannon

I understood.

I think it'll be RVD.  In about 2 years... If he can stay over that long.

Guest Tony149

Since you put in that way, there are only 4 guys I can see getting the WWF Title first....

1. Goldberg (If he's signed)

2. Scott Steiner (See above)

3. Booker T

4. Rob Van Dam

Guest Tony149

I don't think HHH is holding people down. The WWF for whatever reason are putting certain guys back in the midcards.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Right,

That certain reason is the return of HHH.

If we all remember, the only reason HHH got a long run at the top was because of all of the injuries (Austin/Taker & Foley's retirement) left them with HHH & Rock.

He drew well as a strong heel champion...but he's not a heel now.  No one seems too impressed with face HHH (judging from reactions).

Now that he returns guys who were holding the fort in his absence (Angle, RVD, Booker T) are getting depushed.  There is no world in which this can be viewed as fair.

Guest Tony149

I agree. HHH isn't clicking as a face, right now. Stephanie being around him probably doesn't help. No wonder he wanted to stay a heel.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

just to play devil's advocate for a minute, could the wwf possibly be depushing rvd, and booker in order to protect them from the nWo? this way, these guys would remain strong as they would not be subjected to beatdowns, and be able to draw when the nwo is done.

though in all liklihood i'd just say hhh cant stomach being upstaged by rvd.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I've got a theory that the WWF is trying to piss everyone off so that ratings will go down and when the NWO comes in, it will appear that they have made the ratings jump.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Benoit was on the verge of getting it when he got hurt, so chances are he will be the first.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

but when benoit left he was a big fish in a small pond.  since he left, all the wcw guys and the nWo have joined, making it a lot more crowded at the top of the card.  it will be next year at the earliest i imagine before benoit gets into the title picture again.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

But the other choices are going to be getting the same treatment.  Other than Goldberg, and he won't show up.  Even if they sign Steiner, he will be treated as a joke like Booker T & DDP.

Benoit will win the title and it will be before the others on the list, unless Goldberg miraculously signs, but it won't be for awhile.  One thing you have to remember is that Benoit has gotten a constant push since he joined the WWF.  He's beat everybody in the company aside from HHH, and he almost never jobs to anyone below a main event level.  He did at Royal Rumble to Jericho, but that was kind of fluke.  Benoit won all of their other matches quite easily.  His job to Rikishi was just a way to get the IC Title off of him.  He will probably just be a transitional champ, but he will have the belt eventually.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

he will hold the title eventually, though at the moment when he returns it would probably be to his benefit to sit at the top of the midcard/lower uppercard than get lost in the shuffle of the already crowded main-event scene.

Guest Tony149

I don't think the WWF would make Scott Steiner out to look like a joke if they sign him. Steiner would attack somebody and would probably be willing to get fired and/or sued to make sure nobody screws with him.

If the WWF wants Goldberg, they should do a corny 1980s campaign where the WWF makes a video package and show it on WWF TV with a bunch of kids having them say "PLEASE Goldberg wrestle for the WWF! Do it for us? PLEASE!" Goldberg said he only wrestles for the kids. It does one of three things...First, Goldberg sees kids asking for his return and he comes back. Second, he doesn't make a return and "hurts" the kids feelings. Third, the WWF is considered to have gone to new lows as they ended up smearing Goldberg just to get him in the WWF.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Personally, I could do without seeing Goldturd ever again, but then again, I might be a lil bit biased ;)

Guest HellSpawn

Hopefully Benoit, but I think RVD could win it as a fluke champ.

Steiner is relally a hard pick.

And Goldberg, well, been honest, for the time he become WWF, maybe all those guys already got a chance with the title, I mean, goldberg have like 2 or 3 years still on his contract, and thats a lot of $$$.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

I voted for RVD simply for the fact that he's damn over. the real question is, will he be a HHH-like champ or a Jericho-like champ?

Guest Brooding Genius

I vote Benoit, simply because he was made to look like the next big thing right before his injury.

I'm guessing he'll get it at Survivor Series this year.

Guest Tony149

If RVD gets the WWF Title he'll be a "Jericho-like" champ. He's over, but the WWF seems to want him to stay in the midcard.

Guest The myth of the WWF Benoit push

"One thing you have to remember is that Benoit has gotten a constant push since he joined the WWF.  He's beat everybody in the company aside from HHH, and he almost never jobs to anyone below a main event level.  He did at Royal Rumble to Jericho, but that was kind of fluke."  

Eh, if what you mean by "constant push" is king of a meaningless midcard and perennial Jobber to the Main Eventers then yeah, he's been constantly pushed to the moon. Benoit's jobs in the WWF have been consistently the cleanest and least protected of the entire "upper tier". The only meaningful decisive victory he was given as a heel was his submission match win over Jericho (still thoroughly in mid-card transition limbo). Any pins (and no tap outs) over the big four we're either booked as a fluke or with weak outside help (Shane McMahon siphoning his credibility away in the name of a so called "rub" for example) where he never initiated the outcome and always ended up the pawn (HHH and his little radical buddies ring a bell?). The ratio of clean as a sheet unprotected jobs he did severely outweighed the occasional bones he was given (thin ones at that) to keep his head above water, even for a non-HHH WWF heel. And especially for one they we're supposedly trying to establish as something of a bad-ass threat. The guy couldn't even get anything booked decisively against freaking Farooq or Buh Buh Dudley in throwaway tag matches. It's a testament to his presence as an in-ring foil he stayed relatively hot as a heel threat through all that.

The only meaningful decisive victory he was given as a face was his submission match win over Angle (in bounce back mid-card transition limbo...do I hear an echo? Is that circles I see in that ring?). He got to play tag along w/ Jericho with the admittedly hot tag title run, while he was being propped up for yet another put over job of HHH. After HHH got injured, he unexpectedly started to get over a bit and became more credible with the fans as a threat to Austin so they decided to prop him upside side Jericho again for Rattlesnake feed before eventually pulling the plug mid-way through the program anyhow. Then he had to go out with surgery. FIN.

That's Benoit's "push" in a nutshell. I have no problem with people saying Chris isn't quite "WWF champion" material, heck as much as I'd like to see it I agree in some respects. But what gets me is when people say he's gotten this huge push throughout his WWF tenure thus far. Chris' "push" has been that of WWF's premier utility worker, always ready and willing to be slotted in whenever and wherever you need him. You know the work is going to be there, because he's Chris Benoit. You know he isn't going to politic, because he's Chris Benoit. And you also know that Promotion need not apply, because as long as he's bumping, making guys look good and putting them over he'll be Chris Benoit.

((The greatest example of Benoit's WWF "push" I can think of was when they had a Rock/Austin vs. Angle/Benoit RAW main event last year building to Wrestlemania and Benoit didn't have any recent issues with anyone in the ring at the time besides the fact that he was a heel. Coming off putting over Jericho in their blow-off ladder match he didn't have much direction but still had weight with the crowd, so of course they put him in this main event out of nowhere. And of course, the match ends with Benoit taking the Rock bottom 1, 2, 3 clean as a sheet with no protection, no interference, no mis-communication. Nada. Just J-O-Benoit.))

Guest stretch plum

Shit, thought I typed in a subject line. That was me whining about Benoit's push above for clarification. :)

Guest J*ingus

"...they had a Rock/Austin vs. Angle/Benoit RAW main event last year... the match ends with Benoit taking the Rock bottom 1, 2, 3 clean as a sheet with no protection, no interference, no mis-communication. Nada. Just J-O-Benoit."  

Well, who else was going to job?  Not Rock or Austin, they've got to be built up for Wrestlemania (HHH ignored that logic at NWO 01, but nevermind).  Not Angle, as he was the champion at the time.  Benoit was the logical choice.  

Chris has been in three PPV main events in the WWF, which is a pretty good push no matter how the matches ended.  Two of those matches had Benoit winning the belt, only to lose after a Dusty restart.  And finally, it's a work, so what does it matter if he won or lost, as long as he wasn't completely buried?

Guest Kahran Ramsus

The other Main Event had Benoit being pinned on a fluke after he hurt his neck.  

His non-main event PPVs.

No Way Out 2000 - Tag team loss to Rikishi & Too Cool.  Malenko did the job.

Wrestlemania XVI - Win over Jericho & Angle.

Backlash 2000 - Win over Jericho.

Judgement Day 2000 - Win over Jericho.

King of the Ring 2000 - DQ loss to Rikishi, where Benoit completely destroys him.

Summerslam 2000 - Win over Jericho.

No Mercy 2000 - Screwy loss to HHH.

Survivor Series 2000 - Win over DX.

Armageddon 2000 - Squash of Billy Gunn.

Royal Rumble 2001 - Loss to Jericho.

No Way Out 2001 - Loss to Jericho, X-Pac did the job.

Wrestlemania XVII - Screwy loss to Angle.

Backlash 2001 - Win over Angle.

Judgement Day 2001 - Screwjob loss to Angle.  Win over X-Factor.  Win over Edge & Christian.  Wrestles five falls.

His only clean job was to Jericho at Rumble 2001.  Twice he was thought to have won the WWF Title, only to have it taken away.  He got to lead two stables during this period.  The Radicalz (Eddy Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn), on two different occasions, and the Friendly Coalition (Shane McMahon, Edge, Christian, Kurt Angle, Big Show).  He, along with Rock & Undertaker, were the only three guys that Triple H never beat clean over this period.  He got to feud with, and beat clean, the former WWF Champion Kurt Angle in his first feud after losing the title.  Austin never really did get a legitimate win over him in a one on one match.  He destroyed all the midcarders that stood up against him (ex.  Gunn, Guerrero, Jericho, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Rikishi, etc.)  He was not pushed as much as Rock or HHH, but he was certainly pushed.  At points he was both the #1 face (June 2001), and the #1 heel (July - September 2000).  He was pushed.