TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

Promo: An Interview with Ben Hardy

(The camera turns on to show the newly-returned David Blazenwing sitting across from resident SJL interviewer Benjamin Hardy. Ben looks over at David and the interview begins.)

Ben: Okay, we’re back with David Blazenwing. Thank you for joining us here tonight, David.

David: Pleasure to be here, Ben.

Ben: So, tell me and all of our fans watching what we really want to know… what made you want to come back so badly?

David: Ben, it’s simple. I hurt my arm in a dark match, not a problem. It hurt a bit, but the doctor tells me that it should be fully healed by the beginning of June. I’m alright with this, so I give the SJL Corporate Offices a ring and tell them this and they begin to run promos advertising a June 2003 return for me. Meanwhile, I’m rehabbing twice of what I should be in an effort to heal my arm faster. So, I turn on Crimson one night and see that some of the guys aren’t showing up anymore and that the SJL needs all the talent they can get. That’s when I realized that I needed to hurry my ass up and get back into that ring as soon as possible. The doctor didn’t like the idea of me going back and wrestling over a month before I should be, but he still cleared me to wrestle. Now I just have to hope that my arm doesn’t give out on me.

Ben: Fascinating. Now when you returned, you came back without the superhero gimmick. Why?

David: As awesome as it was to jump back to my XWE days and don the superhero mask once again, no one took me seriously. I don’t blame them… the character was a bit of a joke. I loved playing Blazenwing, but just being myself is a lot more imposing on my opponents. I want to wear the SJL World Championship around my waist one day soon, and I just didn’t think that with the superhero gimmick, I could seriously be regarded as a main eventer or even a contender to the World Belt.

Ben: I see. So, what are your plans, now that you’re back in the SJL?

David: Simple, my man. My number one goal is to prove that I’ve still got what it takes to win this Sunday night against Syndicate. After I beat him for the TV Title #1 Contendership, I’ll go on to stampede whoever the TV Champion happens to be and take that nice, shiny belt off their hands. I want to keep getting better, eventually rise up the ranks to become a contender to the SJL European Championship and eventually, of course, I want to become World Champion. I realize that it won’t be easy, but now that I’m back, I’m more focused than ever… and believe me, Ben Hardy, it’s time for the entire SJL roster to be injected with the FE Vaccine.

Ben: FE Vaccine?

David: The Full Effect Vaccine. They’re going to feel the Full Effect, brah!

Ben: Well folks, you heard it here for yourself. David Blazenwing is back, and he’s not going to stop until he’s made it to the very top of the SJL!

(End segment, fade to black)

Sign in to follow this