TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Superstar

PROMO: Opposing Agendas?

Guest The Superstar

We fade in, and the camera is positioned inside of the arena locker room. It is right after SJL Wrath. The only two men remaining in the locker room are Charlie "Grappler" Matthews and James Matheson.

Matthews is still in his wrestling attire, with a towel around his neck. He is sitting on a bench, staring emotionless at the cold floor. Matheson is simply pacing back and forth, afraid to say anything to the Grappler. Matthews, after what seems like an eternity, finally speaks up.

"I saw the tape of the match."

Matheson, sensing what could be coming, tries to get on the good side of Charlie.

"Oh, you did? Heh heh...and what a good match it was! You WON your SJL debut!"

Grappler takes the towel from around his neck and wipes his face with it, before throwing it to the ground.

"I saw what you did after the match."

"Yeah, and I was simply congratulating you on a hard-fought win! I mean, you showed toughness and strength that even *I* didn't think you could do!"

"Don't play stupid with me, Matheson. You broke the code that I specifically told you to abide to. After the match, you cheapshotted Breslin when I wasn't looking. You thought you could get away with it?"

Matheson, slowly and carefully, sits down next to Grappler on the bench. He puts his arm around the broad shoulders of Matthews, but he immediately shoves them off.

"Charlie, man, you have to realize that we can't fight all of our battles clean! Don't you want to be UNDEFEATED in the SJL? Sometimes the result of the match might be in question, and we'll have to do what we have to do! Whether it be a cheapshot from me or a chairshot from you...whatever it takes."

"NO, James, that may be your view, but it's everything I'm AGAINST. I'm going to the top through the pure NAME of the sport: WRESTLING. Wrestling is about proving the better man through holds and strikes. NOT by smashing a chair over the opponent's skull. The miserable, greedy fans today WANT violence. They WANT to see people crash through tables and leap off of ladders. And for that I will forever hate them. But you need to get one thing straight: Either you're with me, or you take your cheating ways OUT of my career. Remember, Matheson: You're in my corner for strategy and motivation. People like ME are who made this great sport what it is today."

"BUT, Charlie, people like ME are who made those great wrestlers FAMOUS. Charlie, of COURSE I'm behind you, 100%. But do you realize that in 3 days you're going to take on the violent, scary big man Viktor Tarakanov? In a NO-DQ MATCH?! Charlie, do you know what this means? Cheating is not only allowed, it's ENCOURAGED! Surely you're going to let me tip the scales into your favor, right?"

The Grappler stands up off of the bench, walks over to his locker, grabs his bag, and powerwalks to the door. He opens it, and turns around to James Matheson.

"YOU will know your role for this match and stay OUT of the way. Overblown high spots and cheating is NOT the way I'm going to win this match. I'm going to show Tarakanov exactly what I'm all about: WRESTLING."

Grappler storms out the door, and a distraught James Matheson quickly leaps off of the bench and hurries after Charlie Matthews as we fade out.

Sign in to follow this