TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One & Only 2003 NFL Draft Thread

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Supposedly the Saints trade has a better than 50% chance, the're just fighting over the price right now. Not that I actually know, but that's what I've read.

As for the Bears, they'll end up taking a DT anyway, and the entire bottom half of the first round is a guessing game. But they will take either Sims, Ragone, or Grossman (if he's still there) in the 2nd round.

Guest bravesfan

Anyone willing to predict the Top 10 picks for tomorrow's draft?

It'll make for a fun mini-game, just for bragging rights or something.

Guest Human Fly

I disagree about the Bears trade being a good thing for Chicago. They could've had Leftwich, but now they will probably draft Boller and someone else. They should have stayed with their original pick and draft Byron.

Guest El Satanico

Well QB isn't the only need that Chicago has, so now they can draft two need positions instead of one in the first.

Also maybe they decided that they weren't looking for a QB this year. After all they did pick up Kordell in free agency this year and he CAN be good when his mind is right.

To those who looked at the AJ vs. CR question for the Texans should NE trade up and Detroit trade down, I'd still have to go with Johnson. He doesn't have the hands Rogers has or the route running ability yet, but the guy is a genetic freak. His stats are amazing, and from all accounts the Texans scouts love him as the offensive pick (I won't get into the AJ vs. Newman debate that's still going on though). Plus, the fact that Rogers' agent allegedly wants 7 years $60 million from whomever drafts him leaves him out in the cold. Casserly is pretty frugal when he wants to be, and I don't see them shelling out that sort of money.

Guest Choken One

I wanna be here during the 5th round and see all you guys actually act like you know those people...

Guest Human Fly

If you are drafting someone based solely on being a genetic freak why not draft a another position besides WR in the first round and then draft Kelley Washington in the 2nd round?

I think Washington's neck has frightened them off. Casserly and Capers are pretty conservative by nature and after getting burned (so far) by the Boselli pick, I doubt they'd take another chance on a player with a history of major injury. Besides, I have a sneaky suspiscion that Washington won't be there in the second round.

Guest the pinjockey

Well we know the lions are going to take the whole 15 minutes now to squeeze out the best offer from someone

Guest Choken One

Yeah...I never got how you have 3 months to pick and you take the 15 full minutes for your #1 draft when it oughta be clear cut...

And yet it only takes 15 seconds to pick your obsecure 6th rounder...

Guest bob_barron

I hate how they give teams 15 minutes to pick- it makes the draft impossible to watch

Guest bob_barron
Can we Kill Dennis Green's Mike? Damn.

Agreed- His voice is sooooo annoying

Guest the pinjockey

That hat is one ugly motherfucker, takes away from Palmer a little.

Guest Choken One

Love the Palmer-Lewis Commerical...I think they are going with the "Rookie Hazing" theme for the Madden Coms...