TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(observer) jericho fails/steph saves mania!

Guest areacode212
And most of the 20 minute skits and angles HHH were involved in were horrible and hurt his credibility with the WWF fans. I still content that Jericho looks better at this point than HHH. Now if Steph pins Jericho on RAW then I'll agree with you.

If there's anyone whose credibility was hurt in those angles & skits, it's Jericho, not HHH. Jericho was the one who had to run out and shop and get henpecked by Stephanie. HHH came off as the master who managed to outwit Steph, by making her look stupid in the wedding vow ceremony, having her car cut in half, giving her fake lotion, etc..

This is just like the Undertaker/DDP feud. The heel is supposed to have the upper hand throughout the feud, then, in the blowoff match, he gets his ass kicked. Jericho looked weak throughout the entire thing.

Guest caboose

Hey Best Buy how is this for coherent.

Jericho getting the better of Triple H on the least Raw and Smackdown before Wrestlemania doesn't make him look better, escpecially so if in the main event of the biggest show of the year, Jericho loses to a cripple, despite having Steph on his side

Guest Mystery Eskimo

UT/DPP feud - Taker dominates whole feud as a face.

UT/Flair feud - Taker dominates whole feud as a heel.

I guess we should just feel grateful Flair didn't get pinned by Sara.

Guest goodhelmet

"I guess we should just feel grateful Flair didn't get pinned by Sara. "

No Shit! If Flair EVER let Sara pinned him then everything he ever worked for would have been for NOTHING! Beside, Sara is ugly as fuck so keep that bitch off my tv.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

jericho AND hhh were both equally hurt by the feud, the only one who wasn't hurt by the feud was Stephanie. SHOCKING ISN'T IT???? I am willing to make a bet that stephanie will win the tittle on Raw. Any takers????

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I don't think Flair would ever let Sara pin him. DDP was in a horrible situation, having to be "punished" for whatever he was supposed to have done.

Guest papacita
"Why, people usually watch when she is on. Only Smarks have negative heat towards her. Since Steph is such a good heel, she can be used to get over angles and people who weren't previosuly over or needed that extra edge. So the writers may have actually wanted her around to use her as a plot device such as the case for  HHH/Jericho. What's so funny about that?"

I dunno about that. Most of my friends (who aren't Smarks or follow wrestling on the net) hate seeing Steph and Vince take up all the TV time just as much as most of us.  Just thought I'd comment on that.

Guest godthedog

jericho did come out of wrestlemania looking worse than trips, but trips came out of wrestlemania looking a #### of a lot worse than the night of his return.  the point that best buy was making is that triple h feuding with his wife over a dog or a car doesn't do his credibility any favors either.  of course it makes the champion look bad, because trips seems more concerned with his wife than with the championship, but it also makes trips look pretty bad.  this is just like the weeks austin spent arguing with debra over those fucking cookies: did that get austin any more over than he already was?  did that give him any credibility?  no.  same thing with trips.  this non-wrestling feud before wrestlemania hurt his heat.  i'm sure he pays attention to the pops he's getting, he can't NOT know that it's hurting his heat.  i think if trips had all the backstage clout he's supposed to have, he would've said "bitch, i did not come back from 10 months of rehab to have you kill my heat; get your ass out of this feud & just let jericho make me look good."

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

good point godthedog.

But I think I can offer 3 points that can reason both your post and HHH having backstage pull.

1.  If he told Steph to BUTT out...he would lose his backstage pull....because she IS his backstage pull.

2.  HHH doesn't have any confidence in Jericho's ability to carry him and make him look good.

3.  HHH doesn't think there is a problem.  He thinks he's over and back in shape.

Guest Dangerous A

God bless you godthedog. I agree wholeheartedly. I believe HHH to be smart enough to know that he and his opponent are being hurt by non wrestling issues. Maybe the guy is whipped into believing that Steph being SO involved actually helps the feud when it doesn't.

Guest Dangerous A

I agree with point 1 of yours bps. The other  are pure speculation. None of us know what is going on in HHH's head.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well....the Jericho thing comes from a bunch of reports I've read (so take them for what they are worth) in which HHH pretty much laid out that Jericho didn't have what it takes to be a top guy.

####...he said on Conan that Jericho wasn't quite there yet.

So why would he beleive that a guy who isn't at the top could make him look good.

and teh last one is from my feelings that if HHH thought there was something wrong...which there is.   He would change it...which he hasn't

Guest Dangerous A

Decent point on the last one there bps. The Conan thing, I don't feel there is anything to it. Maybe HHH is just now correcting his mistake and that's why the loser leaves stip for Steph. I am under the firm belief that if there is any other finish than Steph leaving, then the Russocity of Steph( and HHH?) needs to be stopped. If she goes and HHH and Jericho can have the feud they need, then kudos and hopes that HHH can get back to 2000-2001 form.