TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony149

Raven's contract expires...

Guest Tony149

From the Torch website...

Raven's (a/k/a Scott Levy) latest contract with NWA-TNA expired last night. He told friends that he has been working under a series of short-term contracts since he started with TNA, and declined to sign a new deal with the company last night.

Some TNA sources believe Raven is holding out for more money, while others believe he didn't sign so that he and the Vince Russo camp would have additional leverage in what many perceive as an on-going struggle with the Jarrett family for booking power.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's very interesting stuff.

I'm really not worried about him not being on TNA because...what else is he gonna do?

But still interesting.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

He could always go to XP...oh, wait...

How about Ro...no, he wouldn't fit in.

Maybe MLW? Yeah...but not nearly as much exposure.

CZW? Not nearly as much exposure, would probably have to kill himself more.

TNA is Raven's best career choice, as I see it. I hope he comes to an agreement and signs another contract.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...Raven is actually going to work RoH (I'm almost sure that's what he said on WOL) but as far as being on TV with a character that he can develop...there's only TNA.

He likes it there (or so he has said) alot and talked alot about wanting to help TNA make it so he could say he was part of something special.

This is just one more interesting thing in the growing list of behind the scenes interesting things.

Guest The Son of Sting

If it was a power move it didnt seem to work, i would guess he just wants more money.

Guest Tony149

Like Bps said, the stuff going on behind the scenes is interesting. I'm not sure if it's really a money issue as I would think the guys loyal to TNA will stick it out no matter what, with the idea being: If the company hits it big, they'll probably get rewarded well.

Guest ShooterJay

Raven's been with ROH since April, working a program with CM Punk.

Guest Doyo

Raven is scheduled for the next MLW show. He has been all

over the place since leaving WWE: ROH, IWA Mid South, 3PW to name a few.

TNA contracts aren't exclusive, the wrestlers can go work anywhere they

want on days they aren't scheduled for TNA. The only group

in the USA that signs guys to exclusive deals is WWE.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's right.

I'm really not concerned with Raven not being on TNA.

I mean...he could miss this week I guess...but he'll be back.

Guest OSIcon

How are you so sure of that?

I am not saying that I don't think Raven will be back, but you act as if he needs TNA. I don't think that's the case at all. As people have pointed out, he's getting plenty of work in different places. TNA doesn't exactly dish out the big dollars, so I don't think it would greatly hurt him financially to not be there.

I just don't see any big reasons that would make it 100 guarenteed that he will stick around there.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Because it isn't always about money.

Raven is one of the few people who I beleive when he speaks...and it was maybe what? two weeks since he was on WOL?

He likes it there. Strangely he likes Russo alot. This is just one more thing to add to whatever the hell is going on behind the curtain.

Above all Raven likes the creative in wrestling. The only weekly outlet for that where he can reach people and build things is TNA.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I should add to that...

If Raven never does come back to TNA...

hat's off to TNA for using him to his fullest while he was there.

Between late January and yesterday they were able to build the most anticipated match in the company's history.

So there's a plus there.

Guest RedJed

Eh he'll be back I would assume. But still this is an interesting scenario here, rather ironic that his contract expired the same night as the big title bout. It may or may not have anything to do with who won the match.......I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I don't know if I believe this at all. They have vested a lot of time into Raven and I don't think he's going anywhere. I definately think he might be off this week to keep the character fresh but that is about it.

It is very odd that the big match conincided with the end of his contract. I mean, if he wouldn't resign his contract, they couldn't make him champion just to make sure that they wouldn't be left without one, not that I think he would've won the title and left.

Guest Slapnuts00

I think this explains a lot. If Raven refused to sign a new contract and was holding out for more money, it becomes a lot clearer why the Jarrets would make the safe move for their company and have Jeff retain, who they know will not be jumping or holding out anytime soon. So much for all of you that cried "HHH=Jeff Jarret".

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

There's no way you can put the belt on a guy whose deal runs out that night. I'm not saying Raven won't be back in a couple weeks or TNA isn't interested in him or anything, but I think it definatly explains a lot.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

From the Torch site:

"-Although Raven's latest contract with TNA expired yesterday, he is expected to appear at next week's pay-per-view. As noted yesterday, he has been working under a series of short-term contracts, so aside from the rumored request for more money, his contract expiring is not considered out of the ordinary"

Guest tank_abbott

Raven will be in Denmark, Wisconsin for ACW on June 6th...

Guest TheGame2705

Yea that's true, if you think about it, if he works short term contracts, they're bound to expire regularly. I've grown quite uncaring of Raven. He has a cool name, good promo skills, and bumps like a mad man BUT he looks like shit. I can't get behind someone who looks like they were a Mardi Gras hooker.

Guest RedJed
Yea that's true, if you think about it, if he works short term contracts, they're bound to expire regularly. I've grown quite uncaring of Raven. He has a cool name, good promo skills, and bumps like a mad man BUT he looks like shit. I can't get behind someone who looks like they were a Mardi Gras hooker.

What a stupid reason to not like someone, no offense. How does he look like shit? If you're saying he's not in shape, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I think Raven and TNA can be very beneficial for each other and hopefully he'll stay with the company for a good long time. We saw the reaction to Jarrett winning this week, so I think TNA will do whatever they have to in order to keep Raven in the fold.

I wouldn't be surprised if Raven is one of TNA's top draws. He's certainly a major factor into my ordering, and I don't think I'm alone on that.

Guest TheGame2705

What a stupid reason to not like someone, no offense. How does he look like shit? If you're saying he's not in shape, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I hope I never find any threads from you saying you hate A-Train because of how hairy he is or Big Show because of how fat he is or Jazz because of how non-stereotypically feminine she looks. I said Raven looks like shit. He looks so cracked out and just looks disgusting, I'm sure he could go back to his old look now.

Guest RedJed

Actaully you wont, if anything I hate all of those you mention because they aren't very entertaining in the ring, and thats what matters to me. The closest thing I will shit on a worker about is stamina, if they blow up real fast, which may have something to do with not being in shape but again I could give a fuck less if they were a tub of lard as long as they could go still in the ring.

Hell, Mick Foley is one of my favorites just for an example of how I could care less about how someone looks as long as they entertain. Hey, how about Dymanite Kid? He always looked like shit from all of his drug usage and rough travel schedules where he would pretty much look like he was majorly hungover most of his career, yet have you heard anyone say they hate him because of such a thing? He still performed and entertained.

Have you even seen any TNA recently, I'm missing where he looks "cracked out."