TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

80'S Cartoons

I was looking through the board and seeing Retro TV episodes, Dnever the last dinosaur, danger mouse and count duckula. Denver was good, count duckula was cool, danger mouse i didnt pay much attention to. What were some other favorites? I'll list mine

He-Man

Ghostbusters

Wuzzles

Denver the Last Dinosaur

The Muppets (muppet babies and muppet show (it's more puppets than cartoons but who cares))

There was a Ghostbusters rip off with a gorilla but I cannot remember the name of it.

There were also some Nick Jr. cartoons that were pretty cool too.

List away!

Guest Rob Van Dam

how bout the disney/abc after school shows: Ducktales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, etc...

Guest Eagan469

< Nickelodeon God

seriously, ask me anyhing about old Nickelodeon and I'll know it

My favorite cartoons growing up:

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics

The World Of David The Gnome

Dinosaucers

Adventures Of Blinky Bill (doesn't anyone freaking remember this besides me? Used to air on FOX Saturday mornings, animal kids went to school inside a tree, Blinky Bill was a bear, etc.)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Pirates Of Dark Water (early-90's, but who cares)

much, much more

Guest Eagan469
how bout the disney/abc after school shows: Ducktales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, etc...

Ah yes, the "Disney Afternoon" syndicated block.

Last I saw it was called "One Two" and was a block of "One Saturday Morning" reruns.

I had forgotten Disney Afternoon, those were awesome especially Ducktales, Tale Spin

I forgot about The Smurfs and TMNT as well.

Eagan469, I have a question for you, my IM screename is pmoney316 could you sign on please?

As for Blinky Bill I don't remember him, I only got Nickelodeon during the summer at my beach house or grandparents house until 1993-94

Guest CanadianChris
There was a Ghostbusters rip off with a gorilla but I cannot remember the name of it.

It was called, oddly enough, "Ghostbusters." (It's why the Ghostbusters cartoon modelled after the movie was called "The Real Ghostbusters."). I loved that show.

Two of my favourites were Pandamonium (three pandas and a boy try to find pieces of a magic pyramid before an evil sorcerer, short-lived) and Saturday Supercade (cartoons based on old video games, like Pitfall, Donkey Kong, Kangaroo and Q*Bert).

Guest Eagan469

It was called, oddly enough, "Ghostbusters." (It's why the Ghostbusters cartoon modelled after the movie was called "The Real Ghostbusters."). I loved that show.

I bought a video tape at a discount store when I was a kid that said "Ghostbusters", for like a buck. I was so proud.

Thinking it was "Real Ghostbusters" I got home, popped it in and "Go...Go....GHOSTBUSTERS!" came on.

I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!

Guest eiker_ir

c'mon people.... Thundercats!!!

Silverhawks was cool too...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Transformers

GI Joe

And the epitome...THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS

Guest Youth N Asia

Man, every time I see my little sister watching a cartoon I just wanna pat her on the head and tell her "it's not your fault cartoons today suck."

Where the hell are Saturday morning cartoons now? Cause they're not on Saturday mornings.

I can watch Masters of the Universe, TMNT, and GI Joe till my head bleeds.

That last cool one they did was Mighty Max...cartoons started sucking after that

Guest RedJed

Inspector Gadget

Voltron

Captain Cavemaaaaaan! :lol:

I'm sure theres more

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Actually the Ghost Busters with an ape was a live action show by filmation in the mid-seventies. When Ghostbusters hit big in the mid-eighties they still had rights to the "Ghost Busters" name with a space, so they made a new cartoon and released the old show on tape as "The Original Ghost Busters."

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

Where the hell are Saturday morning cartoons now? Cause they're not on Saturday mornings.

I know what you mean... the day and age of great saturday morning children's entertainment is long gone.

It was ritual, gather around the TV with a bowl of cereal and watch cartoons and cool live action stuff like Pee-wee's Playhouse and Hey Vern It's Ernest! (loved those shows) from 6:30 to about 12.... good stuff

When do you guys think The great Saturday Morning Cartoon era ended?

Guest Youth N Asia

I know what you mean... the day and age of great saturday morning children's entertainment is long gone.

It was ritual, gather around the TV with a bowl of cereal and watch cartoons and cool live action stuff like Pee-wee's Playhouse and Hey Vern It's Ernest! (loved those shows) from 6:30 to about 12.... good stuff

Damn right. Cereal even if you didn't have the milk! Then after a day of cartooning you go out and play...unlike today's lazy turds.

Guest BorneAgain

Damn right. Cereal even if you didn't have the milk! Then after a day of cartooning you go out and play...unlike today's lazy turds.

I hear that. Usually after cartoons I had a nice lunch and went out playing with my friends. We had a nice imaginary Star Wars game goin on for a while. I was Darth AND Han!

Guest MaxPower27

I was stuck in the mechanic's garage not too long ago, and was subjected to some of the worst Saturday cartoons that I've ever seen. I watched about 4 hours of these and all the characters can be summed up like this:

1- The leader of the group.

2- The rough-around-the-edges person.

3- The nerd.

4- The bumbling idiot.

All the cartoons are the same!!

I watched:

Inspector Gadget

Transformers

He-Man

GI-Joe

Of course, I was stuck inside all day because there was nowhere to go and play, so that's how I discovered wrestling.

The only good cartoon that I can think of (that aren't adult oriented like Family Guy and Futurama) that are on now is: Recess: School's Out. Don't know when it's on, but I have caught it before work every now and then. The same general characters apply to it, but it's pretty funny.

Guest starvenger

Let's see...

Starvengers (hence the username)

Dangard Ace

Grandizer

Gaiking

Voltron

M.A.S.K.

Centurions

Transformers

Battle of the Planets

Robotech

G.I. Joe

Inspector Gadget

He-Man/She-Ra

Thundercats

Silverhawks

Lots and lots of Americanized mecha, yep.

Guest Vern Gagne

GI Joe was my favorite. Although it's not really accurate. Besides the fact no one gets killed. Women don't serve in special forces, even in today's army. So in away it's kinda p.c. I guess they wanted little girls too watch has well.

Guest wildpegasus

He-Man

Transformers

Smurfs

The Mighty Hercules

Astroboy-So many charactors in this were just plain cool

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

Ones i watched that aren't listed somewhere above:

Captain Planet

C.O.P.S.

Police Academy: The Series

Fantastic Max

Prostars

Toxic Crusaders

Denver, The Last Dinosaur

I know there are a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

And I say that Saturday morning went to shit when spiderman, xmen, and the original power rangers all ended and were replaced by total crap. The pokemon phenomenon didn't help either...

Guest RedJed

Wait a minute, so there really isnt saturday morning cartoons anymore on the broadcast channels? WTF?!! Weird.....

I never wake up and watch TV usually anymore (not at least in the morning) so I guess I never figured that out

Guest The Amazing Rando

I could fill 10 pages of all the cartoons/kids shows I have watched in my lifetime and enjoyed...

and I could fill another 10 pages talking about the lazy youth of this country...

PLAY SOME GOOD DAMN HIDE N SEEK~!

Guest wildpegasus

The problem with cartoons today is they're now basically sitcoms for young people with a Ren and Stimpy gross out influence.

Still, there are a couple of diamonds in the rough. Samurai Jack is at times excellent and The Justice League can be good but is definitely not on the same level as Batman: TAS.

My problem growing up is my older uptight brother and my conservative parents controlled the tv. So I never got to watch wrestling or more violent cartoons. My parents have broken out of their shell and opened up to more stuff nowdays. I wish they had then.

I did however get to watch:

Smurfs

Bugs Bunny Cartoons

In later years I watched tv by myself when my parents and brother weren't using it and managed to check out:

TMNT

Thundercats

Captain N

The Mario Brothers Cartoon/Live Action Show

Nowdays my mom listens to Metallica and other stuff she never listened to and watches horror movies if they catch her attention. So if she was like that then I can only imagine what I would have got to watch.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Captain Planet

C.O.P.S.

Police Academy: The Series

Fantastic Max

Prostars

Toxic Crusaders

Denver, The Last Dinosaur

Thundercats

The Mario Brothers Cartoon/Live Action Show

GI Joe

Silverhawks

Transformers

He-Man

Early 90s gems, as I was still young then:

Widget (don't ask why)

Mr. Bogus (again, don't ask me why)

Batman: TAS

X-Men

Spider-Man

The fucking TICK

Dinosaucers (don't know if anyone remembers this. not sure if it's even a 90s toon)

Power Rangers

Man, I'm getting teary eyed. Thank God for Yesterdayland.com. I'd forgotten most of these.

Guest starvenger
forgot Go-Bots :)

Actually that's one I never really watched - it was always over by the time I got home from school. It was also a piss poor show, but let's not get into that here..