TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMFabiano524

Time for a secondary title?

Should NWA-TNA have a secondary title? (i.e. the U.S. title?)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should NWA-TNA have a secondary title? (i.e. the U.S. title?)

• Yes
    • No

Guest JMFabiano524

Just a brainstorm, especially after hearing how "those other guys" are bringing back their secondary title. Do you think NWA-TNA needs one? I can see the U.S. title making a comeback! (And if so, I would LOVE to see the old NWA US belt design being brought back)

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Yes, specifically for guys that aren't ready for the World Title but who are over enough/can get over enough to be worthwhile. Also, no one who wrestles the X style should even be a contender. Possible champions? Sanders, Siaki, either of the AMW guys if they break up, any of the Team ECW guys, anyone in the New Church...I think there are enough contenders to make it interesting.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I'd like to see them introduce a secondary championship as part of their 1st year anniversary. A US or TV title would be great for TNA.

Guest RedJed

I dont think there is a need for another belt as long as the number one contender spot is always kept strong and stressed as important. A US or TV title would moreless unofficially be in place of the spot, so why bother? I dont think the roster is big enough to throw another belt in the fold, as well.

Guest Slapnuts00

No way. It would water down the titles. Unlike the WWE where there are top stars and midcard stars, the midcard stars in TNA ARE the top stars. Therefore everyone can be a contender for the world title. The X title is a unique enough secondary title since it isnt just a cruiserwieght title. Technically anyone can wrestle for or win it (i.e. Sonny Siaki). And then theres the tag titles for tag teams. Thats plenty.

Guest KeranGrudgeholder

and last time I chacked Jorge Estrada is NWA North American Champ, and we dont need to see the fro back with a belt

Guest Youth N Asia

It would be dumb to have another belt. The world title and whoever has it is going to take up tv time. The X title and other X matche take up time, then if there's room they work with the tag title.

There's not enough time in the show for another belt. They rush their shows as is.

Guest hebtheeagle

I think the WWE has rights to the old NWA/WCW US title, but the TV title isn't a bad idea.