TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShooterJay

XXX as tag champs

Guest ShooterJay

This has been bugging me since XXX started winning the tag titles. Since there are three of them, and depending on their Japan schedules a different combo defends the titles, which two are officially counted as the tag champs?

Guest Slapnuts00

All 3 of them rotate. Its like the Triad rules from WCW with DDP, Kanyon and Bigelow...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

What he said.

A really good concept, actually. I believe The Freebirds also used this.

Guest The Notorious CRD
I believe The Freebirds also used this.

IIRC they were the innovators of the idea.

Guest dreamer420
Yeah, Demolition had the same rule.

Of course they were a joke by then anyway. Once Crush was brought in the team was never the same.

Guest JHawk

If there were a true figurehead commissioner, I think an angle where "Only the members who won the title" could be implemented just so they force Daniels into a series of 1-on-2 defenses.

If Daniels won a couple of those, he'd be over huge.

But I think people would shit on the angle if they tried that.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Because a single worker constantly defeating 2-on-1 odds would blow ass, as it pretty much ensures either cheap wins, overbooking, or somebody losing heat.

Guest acnx
If there were a true figurehead commissioner, I think an angle where "Only the members who won the title" could be implemented just so they force Daniels into a series of 1-on-2 defenses.

I was actually thinking the same thing. If they could make it work somehow, where Daniels would keep the titles for a good couple weeks with flukey wins every week I think it might work nice.

You could have AMW vs Daniels, Daniels could win with some outside interference by the rest of Triple X, and possibly start a new fued. Daniels could act like he's a god for defeating AMW by himself, completely disregarding the fact that Low-Ki and Skipper won the match for him, starting a fued between them, which would provide some awesome matches. Also, the AMW fued would be furthered a bit.

Who knows? It could be fun...

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

I was actually thinking the same thing. If they could make it work somehow, where Daniels would keep the titles for a good couple weeks with flukey wins every week I think it might work nice.

You could have AMW vs Daniels, Daniels could win with some outside interference by the rest of Triple X, and possibly start a new fued. Daniels could act like he's a god for defeating AMW by himself, completely disregarding the fact that Low-Ki and Skipper won the match for him, starting a fued between them, which would provide some awesome matches. Also, the AMW fued would be furthered a bit.

Who knows? It could be fun...

I think that is a great idea.

Have Daniels face teams in 2 on 1 matches, and win thanks to help from both Lo Ki and Elix. Then him start acting big headed around XXX and the rest of S.E.X., then have Daniels vs. Ki/Elix, and have Daniels turn face and feud with them and S.E.X.

I love those ideas. Especially with the furthuring of the AMW feud...and plus, I would like to see Daniels in singles competition so turning on XXX would be a good thing for that sake.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax
Didn't The Flock (Raven, Kanyon, and Saturn) do the three-person thing too when they had the WCW Tag Titles?

I think you're thinking of the Triad. I read in an interview soon after Raven left WCW that it was his idea to have a three-person group that would work Freebird rules with the Tag Titles (and he wanted it to be him, Kanyon, and Saturn). DDP supposedly took this idea after Raven spoke to him about it and sold management on it for himself, Kanyon, and Bam Bam Bigelow. Raven said he was pissed, but it wasn't too big a deal since he didn't really want to stay anyways.

Ohhh. I wasn't thinking about the Triad, I already knew about them, I had just assumed that The Flock had done it too. That must've been why, because it was Raven's idea to bring it back.