TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HellSpawn

Batman vs Joker, which one is best?

Guest HellSpawn

Hey Yo True Believers !

I still need to get the new Bats #614, but I own Batman #496, the one when Batman beat the living crap of the Joker in revebge for Jason.

I guess all of you already got it and probably you also got that Knight fall chapter too. So...

which fight is better ?

do you prefer Aparo over Lee or viceversa ?

Any comments about the fight?

Im gettin #614 tomorrow so, Im posting my thoughts in a few days.

Guest Luke Cage

I think Aparo is/was a better storyteller. Lee has a great pin up style, but his work is a little too over rendered for panel to panel storytelling. To give him the benefit of the doubt, his inkers may be responsible. I've seen some of his pencils that had a better, more fluid look to them.

YMMV.

Guest Walter Sobzak

To me, Jim Aparo drew the definitive Batman. When I think of what Batman is supposed to look like, I think of the Batman drawn by Aparo. Granted, I grew up on Aparo Batman, but still his is my favorite. Jim Lee is a tremendous artist, but even now I look at his stuff and it seems so... dated, I guess. But not dayed in today, it all harkens back to early '90's X-Men and WildCATS, really a sort of superficial style, I suppose.

Guest HellSpawn

Thank You.

Like I said, I just got Bats 614.

Well, I guess its like ***.

Bats 496 is really ****+

Like you guys, I grew up on Aparo/Adams and even when I really like Lee and Image style, Aparo's 496 Kicked serious ass, and Lee, was, I dunno, like a re-run. again he was fighting for Jason and batgirl, and Gordon's wife.

Guest pochorenella

I too, grew up on Aparo's Batman, specially his Brave and The Bold stuff with guest heroes. Those are the ones I remember the most, and to say that he's a favorite of mine is an understatement. However, I really like Jim Lee's art. It seems to me he has that definitive superhero-style right down to pat, so it's really a toss-up right now. Maybe in a few years when all is said and done we can look back more objectively. But really, right now is Jim Aparo by a nose, for me.