TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SupaTaft

PROMO- Horrors of Poverty

Guest SupaTaft

“Have you ever actually looked down the back alley of American city street? How many of you people have taken a walk through your nearby metropolis and looked upon the poor and hungry, huddled next to a dumpster?”

The voice is that of “The Red Rage” Viktor Tarakanov, who we find walking down a crowded Cleveland street. The wind is strong and the sky is gray as the oddly large man strolls down the sidewalk, wearing a red windbreaker and a pair of black athletic pants with a red stripe up both legs. The big man ignores and bumps into people as he walks down the street. The people too busy to notice the camera they step around.

“They cling together for warmth. These people huddle around barrels filled with flame, to maintain heat enough to live through the night. There are but two reasons why these people are in the position that they are in. First and foremost is capitalism. The pride of America, the capitalist system weeds out the weak from society, placing them at bottom of economic food chain. Poor are unable to get or keep a job, they have to worry day by day, whether they will eat or not the next.”

Stopping at a cross-walk, the rested camera is avoided a view of the city around him. The buildings that surround him are monstrous and reflective. They reflect the masses of people rushing to and from work. Scurrying about in their own business. The light changes and the crowd is allowed to walk.

“With command economy, everyone has work. No one has to worry about the food for next meal, the bread lines satisfy them. All are told what they are to be in life, all of the struggle to find job is abated. The people are free to work to improve the wonder that is their homeland. How proud they are to further the purest place in world! No one questions their government’s decisions in Russia, they are confident that their great leaders will choose best. And so they have.”

Finally turning from his straight path, Viktor now walks down an alley, formed between two immense office buildings. The alley is empty except for some scattered garbage and an occasional dumpster.

“My country has realized the beauty of Communism and has come to embrace it’s success, but your people shout out against leaders and economic situations, blaming the government for their mistakes. You do not realize that it is your country’s situation is no one’s fault but your own. You choose your own leaders, so you people have no right to complain. Americans have dug their own grave, and now they must lie in it. You fail to realize this, and because you do so, you allow them... to starve.”

Viktor approaches a dumpster and on the side out of the wind sit two homeless children with their mother. They are dressed in rags and flannel shirts, they try sleeping by using a garbage bag as a make-shift blanket, trying to stay out of the chilly Cleveland dusk. They hold out their hands to Viktor, who looks easily better off than themselves. Tarakanov notices this and looks at them... and walks off back out the alley. The disadvantaged poor people yell shuddered obscenities at the terrible Tarakanov, but he chooses not to hear them.

“The Red Rage” turns around and yells at the camera, “The other reason that they are where they are... is that they are no different from the trash that they sleep in!” With that he walks the rest of the way out of the alley, back into the influx of people in suits walking down the street.

Guest GLWUT

Amazing.

I have one thing to say. GO COMMUNISM.

Not really though. USA IS A OKAY.

Sometimes. VIKTOR FOR PRESIDENT.

A quick mention of the fact that the current Russia isn't a Communist nation would have helped. It'd make the character seem even more out of it with the times, considering he's representing a nation that doesn't exist, and the one in its place wants him imprisoned/dead.

Guest SupaTaft

QUICK NOTE-

Well, part of his character is that he knows the USSR is gone, he just refuses to believe all that he hears. In his mind, Russia is as strong as ever, Communist or not.

Remember, he hasn't seen Russia since he left, so it is just really hard for him to imagine the hardships his people are facing. He blames what he hears about his Motherland on the US propoganda.

-Taft

Guest realitycheck

Ah... I see now, Thor. I was about to point out that Russia can barely sustain itself right now, heh.

Good promo. Although, the character concept is unintentionally amusing, and I think all things considered, you should actually try and take a more comedic direction with it. It's kind of hard to buy a serious heel who's motivation is something that doesn't even exist anymore.

-Z

Guest Crowe

I kind of agree with Zed, it is hard to buy this character as being completely serious, and maybe throwing in a little comedic edge would be beneficial.

All things aside, I see absolutely nothing wrong with your promo (besides the length, longer promos = \m/) and I found it interesting read. (Y)

I never really saw him as a comedy character. Taking a note from his original Bio, I figured because he fled Russia when the Soviet government collapsed on itself, he would be arrested the moment that he set foot into the country. Therefore, he's stuck in America, and illegal alien with no passport, thus no way to leave or retun if he does leave.

Why else would he still be here? :huh:

Guest Crowe

To spread the good word of communism? I shrug, but I don't see him just as a comedic character, but his seriousness is lessened slightly because as Zed said "his motivation is something that doesn't even exist anymore."

In all in all, it's his character and up to him to decide where he wants to take it, and I for one, don't care which way he swings, cause Thor will make it work anyway. \m/

Guest Suicide King

Hey, ol Vicky could go do the good work for North Korea or Cuba still. ;)

Sign in to follow this