TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sandman9000

What happens after

Guest Sandman9000

If I remember correctly, TNA's deal with DirecTV was for one year. We're nearly at that point, and TNA doesn't have a cable deal in place, and doesn't appear to be getting one anytime soon. I've also heard nothing about DirecTV looking to pick up another year of programming, and it's unknown how much longer people are going to be willing to pay 10 bucks a week for the show.

My question is, assuming that DirecTV doesn't pick up TNA, does the promotion fold, go indy, beg for a cable/PPV deal, or what?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Hopefully. All that we know is that they're looking for a cable deal.

Guest Morality Check

While they would lose money because no one would be paying to see them via Pay-Per-View, going Indy wouldn't be a total loss.

See, while being on Pay-Per-View they've built a fan-base, and near-by fans -- knowing how good NWA-TNA is because they've been watching it every week on Pay-Per-View -- would go see it.

Hell, I want them to get a Television Deal, or at least stay on Pay-Per-View, but if it does turn out that they have to go Indy for a while until getting a deal, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll stay around because of the popularity they've gotten because of airing on Pay-Per-View.

However, there's a major good thing that could go down as a result of not being on Television, (Pay-Per-View, TV in general.) If they're not on Pay-Per-View, there wouls be less "Sports Entertainment" and more Professional Wrestling, because no one really wants to go to a wrestling show and see more talking than wrestling. Right? Let's take Ring of Honor for example... people go to see the wrestling, and they that's what they get. However if Ring of Honor was on Television, they would be a hell-of-a-lot more "Sports Entertainment."

And that, friends, is a bad thing.

[/end rant]

- Marc

Down with Sports Entertainment!

More Professional Wrestling!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I assume they'll just work out a new deal with the ppv companies.

TNA has to draw more than whatever random movie that would take it's place anyway.

Guest hebtheeagle

Are there any cable channels that would pick up on TNA? If so, who are they?