TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Morality Check

Is Double J Really _That_ Good?

How good is Jeff Jarrett?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How good is Jeff Jarrett?

• I love him, he's a great World Champion.
    • He's alright, fun to watch.
    • He's okay, I guess.
    • Over-rated, not World Champion quality.
    • He's only Champ 'cause his daddy runs the show.

Guest Morality Check

I just really want to know what some people think of Jeff Jarrett because I hate him, and I think he's one of the most over-rated wrestlers right now, despite the fact that their are _a lot_ of shitty wrestlers getting pushes in the Wrestling World. (Show, Nash, New Jack, ect.)

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

He sucks? What? Because Raven and AJ didn't win the title? No. I've been a mark for Jarrett since his WCW days as World Champ. He is an entertaining performer, good on the stick, and knows how to work a match.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

"He's alright, fun to watch"

I wouldn't buy a show strictly for him, but him on the card would definitely make me want to see it a little bit more. He can be really good when he's not booked as SuperHick.

Guest Slapnuts00

Ive been a huge mark for Jarret from his WCW days (as evidence in my sn) and I totally buy him as a world champion. Plus he's an excellent worker, in that he makes everyone he works with better. Double J is a good guy who is trying his darndest to balance being a top performer with running the company. Cut him some slack!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I chose "He's alright, fun to watch"

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM buying him as NWA champion. Not in the least.

I'm a big JJ fan...and would have picked the I love him choice...but I disagree with his title defenses being so far apart.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I've never thought JJ was really championship material..even in a smaller fed. He's always been really mediocre.

There are at least five guys I can name offhand that I'd rather see as champ..but it -is-Jarrett's dad running the place..

Guest Morality Check
He sucks? What? Because Raven and AJ didn't win the title? No. I've been a mark for Jarrett since his WCW days as World Champ. He is an entertaining performer, good on the stick, and knows how to work a match.

Ummm, no. He sucks because he's over-rated and not World Champion quality. I thought I made that clear?

In my opinion, he's just not entertaining to watch, that's all... I've just never liked his wrestling style or the way he talks on the stick.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Ummm, no. He sucks because he's over-rated and not World Champion quality. I thought I made that clear?

In my opinion, he's just not entertaining to watch, that's all... I've just never liked his wrestling style or the way he talks on the stick.

Well then. Many people find Benoit boring, and don't like his style, but that doesn't mean he sucks. I don't see how Jarrett is overrated, except for the fact that he is the world champion.

Guest Coffey

Over-rated, not World Champion quality & He's only Champ 'cause his daddy runs the show.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

now now. When Jarrett won the title the only other choices were Killings retaining, or possibly Lynn and Styles.

Yes, he should have dropped it to Raven.

Guest sean pyro

I don't see how anyone can say he's "over-rated". I mean other the people at the shows who see him as the home town hero, it's not like he has too many fans.

Only problem I have with him is how he is booked, he's always made to look unbeatable like he's Superman or something.

Observer Newsletter they said that his match with Raven there was going to even MORE run-ins like the Hosses where going to do their H-Bomb on him and Glen was going to beat him with a chair, only reason that didn't happen is because Evil came out too quick.

Stuff like that I really hate.

And I'll hate it even more if he drops the title to Disco or Sabu.

Jarrett is a fine wrestler and he can work a mic, definitely. That being said, he's currently boring the hell out of me, which surprises me because I was a total mark for his character in WWF and WCW. But right now he's completely dull and he shouldn't be champ.

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

Dusty Rhodes was right, NWA needs to polish their belt and strengthen it with a lengthy title reign. Until someone heads and tails more over than Jarrett appears he should keep it. Raven was built up fairly well, if he maintains his popularity through another buildup the belt ought to be his.

Guest Morality Check

Well then. Many people find Benoit boring, and don't like his style, but that doesn't mean he sucks. I don't see how Jarrett is overrated, except for the fact that he is the world champion.

When I say a wrestler 'sucks,' I simply me an I don't like him. Don't get me wrong, I respect _anyone_ who has _ever_ gotten into a wrestling ring to wrestle. Well, maybe not _everyone,_ but they were just gimmicked. (Like Gilberg.)

So, when I say Double J sucks, I just mean I personaly don't find him entertaining, or to be a good wrestler. Sure, he's good for a lot of things... giving advise, he's got the knowlege of wrestling, that's for sure. But, in _my_ opinion, and keep in mind I'm not speaking for the World here -- I don't like him.

Over and Out.

Guest William E

I think JJ is one best heels in the business but an okay face. He's not a bad worker either maybe you just don't like his style of wrestling.

Guest What?

I have marked for JJ since he was The Mysoginist Pig in WWF. When he was in WCW as "The Chosen One", I got even more into him. JJ is HELSA cool.

Guest dvkorn

Many people find Jarrett's style not too their liking but i, for one, really like it. I think Jeff Jarrett is a tremendous performer and knows how to work good matches. He has had many great matches throughout his career and deserves what he is getting. His interviews are good and underrated, IMO.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Jarrett is a solid wrestler but I think he should give up the strange hold on the NWA title. I honestly think that they think that Jarrett is the only champion that they can have because of his success elsewhere. And because it's his daddies company doesn't hurt either.......

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Jarrett is a good performer and decent wrestler, and a perfectly acceptable world champ. However, this part Stone Cold, part HHH direction he's been on lately is NOT a good idea. Jarrett as champ was a good idea when it happened, but he needs to lose it for a little while and shift gears. Raven was a perfectly good person to drop the belt to. The Disco InfernWo is not.