TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

All-Star Voting

Guest Vern Gagne

All-Star voting is underway. Lots of time left, but let's get your early All-Star starters. I voted the last 2 nights at the Twins game. Oh that catch by Hunter, better in person.

my early ballot

C-Posada

1B-Delgado

2B-Soriano

SS-Rodriguez

3B-Blalok

OF-Anderson

OF-Williams

OF-Ramirez

DH-Everett

C-Lieberthal

1B-Sexon

2B-Boone

SS-Renteria

3B-Lowell

OF-Bonds

OF-Dunn

OF-Wilson

Guest Gatornibs

C-Mayne

1B-Sweeney

2B-Soriano

SS-Rodriguez

3B-Blalok

OF-Baldelli

OF-Williams

OF-Ramirez

DH-Everett

C-Lieberthal

1B-Helton

2B-Giles

SS-Renteria

3B-Rolen

OF-Bonds

OF-Kearns

OF-Sheffield

Guest alkeiper

First off, I count career stats along with season stats. I don't think 2-3 months of good play makes you an all star.

AL

---

C- Posada

1B- Delgado

2B- Soriano

SS- Rodriguez

3B- Glaus

OF- Williams

OF- Ordonez

OF- Everett

DH- Martinez

NL

---

C- Piazza

1B- Helton

2B- Kent

SS- Renteria

3B- Rolen

OF- Bonds

OF- Sosa

OF- Edmonds

Guest alkeiper

Just read that. In that case, Lieberthal gets my nod for NL Catcher.

Guest hardyz1

Sosa will have to pick it up when he comes back just to get on the team. Unless the fans vote him just on reputation.

Leaving us with the question: If Sammy doesn't make it, which Cub(s) do(es)? OK, so I'm the only one who cares, but I'd say Prior is in easily, probably Wood also. Outside of those two, nobody else strikes me as deserving.

Guest Gatornibs

The All-Star game isn't the "Best Careers Game" it's the "Best players at the time of voting currently playing MLB"

Guest cartman
The All-Star game isn't the "Best Careers Game" it's the "Best players at the time of voting currently playing MLB"

Tell THAT to the voters.

Ichiro and Matsui are automatic Starters if bidding goes like the NBA with Yao. Internet voting sucks.

Tell THAT to the voters.

Ichiro and Matsui are automatic Starters if bidding goes like the NBA with Yao. Internet voting sucks.

Seriously it makes no sense to have foreign votes count just so you can get high t.v. ratings in another fucking country. Oh and also adding to that is that neither Ichiro or Matsui are having all-star worthy seasons.

Guest CanadianChris

AL

C - Posada

1B - Delgado

2B - Soriano

SS - Rodriguez

3B - Blalock

OF - Gonzalez

OF - Williams

OF - Ramirez

DH - Martinez

NL

C - Lieberthal

1B - Bagwell

2B - Vidro

SS - Furcal

3B - Rolen

OF - Bonds

OF - Edmonds

OF - Sheffield

DH - Wilson

The biggest question is, who in the hell do you put in from the Tigers?

Guest Choken One

National

C-Liberthal

1st-Bagwell

2-Kent

SS-Renteria

3-Rolen

OF-Bonds

OF-Kearns

OF-Shefffield

P-Wood

DH-Dunn

American

C-Posada

1-Giambi

2-Soriano

SS-Rodrgiuez

3b-Balok

OF-Rameriez

OF-Williams

OF-Hunter

P-Mussina

DH-Martinez

Guest Vern Gagne

I didn't know Furcal had such good stats. He's my SS instead of Renteria.

The Tigers rep right know would likely be Nate Cornejo.

Ichiro is hot. If he keeps it up, he'll be a deserving starter.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im trying to figure out who the Os Rep will be..

Probably either:

Jason Johnson

Jorge Julio

Jerry Hairston

or

Jay Gibbons

One of them will make it, most likely Hairston or Johnson.

And remember kids, the letter of the day is J!

Guest Vern Gagne

Johnson's ERA was 3.00 not sure about record and Julio had like 10 saves, but not sure about ERA.

Guest Choken One
1-Giambi

Giambi? GIAMBI? That fat fuck is hitting barely over .200.

I don't pay attention to the AL...He was the first guy I could think of...He'll still get voted though...

Guest alkeiper

Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating putting Ken Griffey in the game. The problem is, a meager 40 games is not enough time to determine the true quality of a player. Would you honestly trade Jorge Posada for Brent Mayne? Of course not. Sometimes, players have hot streaks that they can't hope to continue, and you have to recognize that.

Guest hardyz1
Would you honestly trade Jorge Posada for Brent Mayne? Of course not. Sometimes, players have hot streaks that they can't hope to continue, and you have to recognize that.

So? If they're having a better year than anyone else at their position, they should get in.

Guest alkeiper

Because the game isn't about who is having the better year. It's about the STARS of the game. 100 decent at bats after 10 mediocre seasons does not make you an all star.

Going further, I can't see how Brent Mayne is possibly having the best year among catchers. Ramon Hernandez has better numbers in every catagory. Posada's playing better. Varitek's got better numbers as well.

Also like to add that Mayne doesn't even have enough at-bats to have a qualifying batting average at this point so he can't be considered to have a serious shot at making the all-start team at this point. Even taking that into consideration, and even though I'm an A's fan so I'm biased, Ramon Hernandez is having a better year to this point. One thing also is the rosters were expanded to 32 this year so its possible they could choose two back-up catchers and catcher is a very weak position in the A.L. right now.

Boredom strikes and here is the complete All-Star rosters chosen by me for both leagues as of today. These are not who I think will make the teams as obviously players who don't deserve to make team are voted as starters every year. Remember the rosters have been expanded to 32 this year and followed the rule of one player from each team. Maybe I'll update this list every once in a while up until the actual selections are made.

American League

C: Jorge Posada, New York; Ramon Hernandez, Oakland

1B: Carols Delgado, Toronto; Mike Sweeney, Kansas City; Rafael Palmeiro, Texas

2B: Alfonso Soriano, New York; Bret Boone; Seattle

3B: Hank Blalock, Texas; Troy Glaus, Anaheim

SS: Alex Rodriguez, Texas; Nomar Garciaparra, Boston

OF: Carl Everett, Texas; Aubrey Huff, Tampa Bay; Garrett Anderson, Anaheim; Juan Gonzalez, Texas; Vernon Wells, Toronto; Raul Mondesi, New York; Tim Salmon, Anaheim

DH: Edgar Martinez, Seattle; Ellis Burks, Cleveland

Pitchers: Esteban Loaiza, Chicago; Mike Mussina, New York; Mark Mulder, Oakland; Barry Zito, Oakland; Pedro Martinez, Boston; Roger Clemens, New York; Jason Johnson, Baltimore; Runelvys Hernandez, Kansas City; Nate Cornejo, Detroit; Keith Foulke, Oakland; Ugueth Urbina, Texas; Eddie Guardado, Minnesota

National League

C: Mike Lieberthal, Philadelphia; Jason Kendall, Pittsburgh

1B: Jeff Bagwell, Houston; Todd Helton, Colorado; Richie Sexson, Milwaukee

2B: Marcus Giles, Atlanta; Jeff Kent, Houston; Jose Vidro, Montreal

3B: Scott Rolen, St. Louis; Aaron Boone, Cincinnati; Mike Lowell, Florida

SS: Alex Gonzalez, Florida; Edgar Renteria, St. Louis

OF: Gary Sheffield, Atlanta; Preston Wilson, Colorado; Albert Pujols, St. Louis; Barry Bonds, San Francisco; Austin Kearns, Cincinnati; Luis Gonzalez, Arizona; Rondell White, San Diego

Pitchers: Mark Prior, Chicago; Woody Williams, St. Louis; Damian Moss, San Francisco; Kerry Wood, Chicago; Kevin Brown, Los Angeles; Kevin Millwood, Philadelphia; Zach Day, Montreal; Tom Glavine, New York; John Smoltz, Atlanta; Eric Gagne, Los Angeles; Tim Worrell, San Francisco; Billy Wagner, Houston

Guest Shawn 5

American League

1B: C. Delgado - Toronto

2B: A. Soriano - New York

SS: A. Rodriguez - Texas

3B: H. Blalock - Texas

C: J. Posada - New York

OF: J. Gonzalez - Texas

OF: G. Anderson - Anahiem

OF: V. Wells - Toronto

DH: C. Everett - Texas

National League

1B: T. Helton - Colorado

2B: M. Giles - Atlanta

SS: R. Furcal - Atlanta

3B: M. Lowell - Florida

C: B. Santiago - San Francisco

OF: G. Sheffield - Atlanta

OF: A. Jones - Atlanta

OF: P. Wilson - Colorado

Guest Youth N Asia

I just think it's funny that they HAVE to take a Tiger, it's the rules.

Guest DrTom

The D-Rays and Orioles are not as perenially pathetic as the Tigers. Yes, I know the Orioles lost to the Tigers, but I think both franchises are still several steps above Detroit.

Guest Vern Gagne

Tampa has Huff and Baldelli, and Baltimore has Johnson.They at least have good numbers. Cornejo has a good ERA, but that will go up.

Suprising thing about Detroit is their team ERA is 4.63. 8th in the American League.

So, so very Bored...might as well do a weekly update of my All-Star rosters. Players with an * next to their name were not on the roster last week. Picking the N.L. this week was a pain in the ass because of the one player per team rule so I had to snub a lot of good players.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

C: Jorge Posada, New York; A.J. Piersynski*, Minnesota

1B: Carlos Delgado, Toronto; Rafael Palmeiro, Texas; Mike Sweeney, Kansas City

2B: Alfonso Soriano, New York; Bret Boone, Seattle; Michael Young*, Texas

3B: Hank Blalock, Texas; Troy Glaus, Anaheim

SS: Alex Rodriguez, Texas; Nomar Garciaparra, Boston

OF: Carl Everett, Texas; Aubrey Huff, Tampa Bay; Vernon Wells, Toronto; Juan Gonzalez, Texas; Melvin Mora*, Baltimore; Garrett Anderson, Anaheim; Raul Mondesi, New York

DH: Edgar Martinez, Seattle

Pitchers: Esteban Loaiza, Chicago; Mark Mulder, Oakland; Mike Mussina, New York; Barry Zito, Oakland; Gil Meche*, Seattle; Roger Clemens, New York; Tim Hudson*, Oakland; C.C. Sabathia*, Cleveland; Nate Cornejo, Detroit; Ugueth Urbina, Texas; Eddie Guardado, Minnesota; Keith Foulke, Oakland

NATIONAL LEAGUE

C: Benito Santiago*, San Francisco; Mike Lieberthal, Philadelphia

1B: Todd Helton, Colorado; Richie Sexson, Milwaukee; Randall Simon*, Pittsburgh

2B: Jeff Kent, Houston; Marcus Giles, Atlanta; Jose Vidro, Montreal

3B: Mike Lowell, Florida; Scott Rolen, St. Louis

SS: Alex Gonzalez, Florida; Edgar Renteria, St. Louis; Rafael Furcal, Atlanta

OF: Gary Sheffield, Atlanta; Albert Pujols, St. Louis; Austin Kearns, Cincinnati; Preston Wilson, Colorado; Barry Bonds, San Francisco; Luis Gonzalez, Arizona; Rondell White, San Diego

Pitchers: Woody Williams, St. Louis; Kevin Brown, Los Angeles; Matt Morris*, St. Louis; Mark Prior, Chicago; Jason Schmidt*, San Francisco; Kevin Millwood, Philadelphia; Hideo Nomo*, Los Angeles; John Smoltz, Atlanta; Eric Gagne, Los Angeles; Tim Worrell, San Francisco; Billy Wagner, Houston; Armando Benitez*, New York

Guest Vern Gagne

You really think 6 Rangers will make it?

C-Pierzynski

1B-Delgado

2B-Soriano

SS-Rodriguez

3B-Blalock

OF-Jones

OF-Wells

OF-Anderson

DH-Everett

C-Santiago

1B-Helton

2B-Vidro

SS-Furcal

3B-Lowell

OF-Sheffield

OF-Kearns

OF-Pujos

You really think 6 Rangers will make it?

Actually I picked 7...yikes...no I don't because you also have to remember the starters aspect of it where the likes of Giambi and Matsui might be voted as starters and take away someone's spot. Obviously A-Rod will be voted as a starter and Palmeiro might as well. After that Carl Everett has numbers that you couldn't pass up at this point but if he slumps a little he'll probably get snubbed because of his past. Gonzalez is some what borderline at this point and Young was the last player I put on the team because I didn't want more than seven outfielders. Blalock has to be a lock at this point although I think Glaus will be voted the starter and Urbina is also in good shape right now as the A.L. is pretty weak on closers this year. I believe the first voting update will be out today or tommorrow so maybe next week I'll just pick reserves and go with the current vote leaders as starters.

Guest Vern Gagne

Everett is listed as a DH. Edgar Martinez will be voted in has DH.

I just hope the league prevents Matshui and Giambi from making the team.

What about setup men. Hawkins, Hasagewa, and Shuey are all having great years and the latter two have ERA's under 1.00.