TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestlingbs

So many "special" segments...

Guest wrestlingbs

This popped into my head during Raw when they annouced Austin's "Memorial Day Tribute". Why the hell do they have so much of these "special segments" or "special nights" each week? I know the real reason: that Steph, Vince, and the gang can't think of anything more creative than theme nights. But recently they're having them every week. Rock Concert, Rock Concert II, Austin's Beer Bash, HHH appreciation night. Memorial Day is special, but it shouldn't be used just as an excuse for another 20-minute segment. This is already on top of the Hi-Lite Reel, Piper's Pit, and the usual promos. Do you think the WWE has worn out this idea?

Guest JHawk

But they're an entertainment company, not a wrestling company, and theme nights are entertaining! Or something.

God, I'm really fucking bitter about that show tonight.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

I know what you mean.....God forbid they actually give us a 15 minute match instead of a long drawn out sportz entertainment promo/skit.

Guest razazteca

The writers that the WWE "stole" from soap operas like PASSIONS need something to do.

Guest JHawk
The writers that the WWE "stole" from soap operas like PASSIONS need something to do.

Has Vinnie Mac ever watched Passions?

No wonder his writing team sucks ass!

Guest Choken One

I'd Mark if they got a Dwarf (Or rather just Lance Storm) and Made him the star of the show...

The writer's excuse: It worked on the REAL soap opera Mr. McMahon...

Vince: By Gawd...That's Genius.

Guest phoenixrising

You mean...out of all the soap operas out there...they took the writers from PASSIONS?????

Crap, we'll probably going to see Triple H hire an old lady to cast a spell on Nash or something.

On the positive side, the dwarf sounds like an interesting idea. Spike makes a perfect dwarf.

Guest Goodear

The real reason?

They want to get Austin on camera and the only way to really do it anymore is have him have these nonevents. I don't know about anyone else, but I was soooo happy to see him beat up La Resistance easily by himself about 15 minutes before they went over the tag champions. That Austin, always putting everyone else first.

Guest tank_abbott

Ahh The Dwarf died...the same week his character on Passions died...it was kinda big/creepy news at the time

Guest Dynamite Kido

How much of this stuff is actually entertainment anyway...........