TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goose749

PROMO - Revelation

Guest Goose749

A camera slips around a corner backstage, into the dressing room area. Ben Hardy walks up to a beaten-up door, marked "DEMON". Hardy opens the door, and enters with the camera behind him. Jimmy Liston is sitting, back to the camera, at a table, taping up his head. Beside him, there is a large glass of water and a half-empty bottle of Aspirin. The camera follows Ben Hardy to the other side of the table, where Hardy sits.

Hardy: Jimmy Liston, how do you feel about having been beaten mercilessly by Scott Solomon on SJL Metal?

Liston: How does it look like I feel?

Hardy: Well, you seem to be starting on something of a losing streak. How do you think your career will pick up?

Liston: Pick up? What do you mean? I'm a loser. Nothing more.

Hardy: But you won your debut match...

Liston: I won in the ring. Then Caldwell found me backstage and beat the living shit out of me.

Hardy: Well, it's what happens in the ring that matters, right?

Liston: Look at me. I'm the world's greatest by-the-book wrestler. And I keep losing. So there's only one thing to be done. End it all.

Hardy: What?

Liston: It's time to end this charade. Ben, I asked you to come here so I could make an announcement to my fans.

Hardy: ...Ok

Liston: After my match on Metal, I was sure that my career was at an end. I got depressed, and came close to calling it quits. Then, I got a phone call. I found myself talking to a man who I respect dearly. A man who I wrestled with on the minor circuits. This man's name is Tyler Sullivan.

As if on cue, a man walks in the door and sits next to Liston. He has long brown hair, and is wearing khakis and a golf shirt. He sizes up Hardy before speaking.

Sullivan: My friend, Jimmy Liston, has asked me tonight if I would be his manager. The Demon and I go way back. As he said already, we originally wrestled together in minor circuits. I had a hand in creating who he is today. Although I don't wrestle anymore, I can still help keep The Demon as the great wrestler he is today, by giving him whatever support I can. And so, it is with great honor that I accept Liston's offer, and declare myself his new manager.

Hardy: So, how's having a new manager going to help your wrestling career?

Liston: We have to fashion a new image for myself. I can't go on losing as the world's greatest by-the-book wrestler.

Hardy: Have you ever thought that, maybe, the problem is that you're not the world's greatest by-the-book wrestler?

Liston: ...

Sullivan: What, exactly, are you saying?

Hardy: Maybe he keeps losing because he is not the world's greatest.

Liston and Sullivan look at each other before turning back to Hardy. Liston speaks, with anger flashing in his gaze.

Liston: Are you insinuating that I am NOT the world's greatest by-the-book wrestler?

Hardy: I'm not insinuating, I'm flat out telling you. Anyway, why does it matter? You're changing your image.

Sullivan: That's not just something that you give up...

Both Liston and Sullivan rise, and move around the table, one on either side of Hardy. They grab his arms and hoist him out of his seat.

Liston: Ben, we're going for a little walk. It may be more pleasant if you left your friend with the camera behind.

Gus is heard from behind the camera.

Gus: I'll just stay here.

Liston: Smart man.

Liston and Sullivan pull Hardy out into the hallway. From outside the door, there come slapping and smashing sounds, accompanied by screams of pain and horror. At one point, a spurt of blood flies by the doorway.

Hardy: OH GOD! THAT'S MY EYE! OOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! MY PUPIL!!!!!!! Wait. What are you doing with that pole? No! NOT THEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

As the camera fades out, the screams die out from the hallway.

Gus: What the hell just happened?

Sign in to follow this