TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

Metal Losing Matches

When I sent this in, I thought I may actually have a chance... until I remembered that I was facing the World Champion. Well, congrats to Crow on a great match, though I thought my ending was loads better than his... anyhow, for all those who wanted to see, here you go...

The cameras fade in from commercials as an outer shot of The Kingdome in Fargo, North Dakota is shown, garnering a pop from the local crowd in attendance. The crowd is shown, and they are all holding up signs, including an “I came here to see the Suicide King” sign and a group of hot redheads holding up a collection of one letter signs that, when stringed together, read “D-O M-E K-I-N-G”. The camera shifts down to the ring, where the ring ropes are being removed and glass tables are being set up around the perimeter of the ring.

“Welcome back fans to SJL METAL!” begins Axis in his loud, boisterous voice, “coming to you live from Fargo, North Dakota in the fabulous Kingdome, the one and only arena dedicated to my broadcast colleague, the Ladies Man… Suicide King! The crowd here really seems to love you here!”

“Axis,” King adds, “We are in my home away from home! Certainly, we deserve to have an excellent main event to accentuate the awesome night of wrestling action we have already seen... that’s why I am totally psyched for this upcoming Glass Ceiling match!”

Axis chuckles. “Well, we may be looking forward to it, but I highly doubt that David Blazenwing is… did you see his face when he found out what kind of match this was going to be? It’s no secret that Crow is a fan of glass-induced horrorcore action… in fact, he may be the king of the glass bump!”

“Crow may be the king of the glass bump, but this is MY Kingdom, Crow! I think that tonight, you’re going to be executed… Blazenwing style!”

“King, we’ve just gotten word that the crew has finished setting up the ring for the glass ceiling match, so we’re going to send it over to the SJL’s very own ring announcer, the esteemed Funyon. Funyon? Go ahead!”

The camera shifts to Funyon standing in the center of a ropeless, glass table-surrounded ring as the bell rings three times as Funyon hits the mic, Michael Buffer style.

“Ladies and gentleman... WELCOME TO THE MA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AIN EVENT! The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is the non-title Glass Ceiling match! The rules are simple and are as follows: The glass tables surrounding the ring are acting as an extension of the ring. The ropes, as you can see, have been removed as well to punctuate this point. Pin falls and submissions will only be counted if they occur within the glass extension surrounding the ring. And now... your participants for tonight’s Glass Ceiling match!”

"Dead I am the one, Exterminating son

Slipping through the trees, strangling the breeze"

As this plays, the lights in the arena fade to black.

"Dead I am the dog, hound of hell you cry

Devil on your back, I can never die! "

The stage explodes in a fiery fury as the chorus of "Dragula" by Rob Zombie hits.

"Dig through the ditches

And Burn through the witches

I slam in the back of my

Dragula!"

A solemn figure, dressed all in black, slowly appears on the stage as the arena is enveloped in total and complete darkness, save for the black light that has just been shined onto the individual stationed on the stage. David Blazenwing stands silent, seemingly unaware of anything else going on around him as he begins to slowly walk down the ramp, his manager and valet Jen following him and yelling tips to him every step of the way.

“On his way first to the ring, weighing in at 270 pounds, formerly hailing from Oak Creek, Wisconsin, now hailing from his own personal hell... DAVID BLA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AZENWING!!!”

As they reach the outside of the ring and the section of glass tables where the legal ring begins, David turns to Jen and stares her down. After a few seconds, she gets the idea and walks back up the ramp, turning every few seconds to look at David. He waits until she walks through the curtain, then places his hands on the glass and heaves himself up onto the nearest glass table. Receiving a small crowd reaction, he walks into a corner of the original ring and leans up against the ropeless turnbuckle. After “Dragula” fades, there is silence for a few moments, then...

“WAIT FOR CHAOS! WAIT FOR WARFARE! AT THE POINT OF NO RETURN! BLEED FOR MONEY! BLEED FOR JUSTICE! GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL WITH A WOUNDED SSSOOOOUUULLLL!!!”

Soilwork’s thrash metal hit “Natural Born Chaos” explodes through the arena speakers and whips the Fargo crowd into a gigantic roar of cheers! A moment later, emerging from behind the entrance curtain with Smartmarks Junior Leagues World Heavyweight Title on his shoulder is... The Antichrist Superstar, Crow! He stands on the stage, unlit cigarette in his mouth, gold Zippo lighter in hand. To the climaxing music, Crow ignites the lighter... and sets off two flaming rows down the side of the ramp! He lights the Dunhill Red in his mouth and takes a large drag, which he inhales very quickly. Crow cocks his head to the right, and then to the left... and then throws it back whilst exhaling and throwing his arms horizontal in the crucifix pose! He smirks and then walks down to the ring as Funyon begins the introductions.

“And his opponent, weighing in at 231 pounds, from Anchorage, Alaska, he is the SJL World Heavyweight Champion and the undisputed master of the Natural Born Chaos... the antichrist superstar... CR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-W-W-W-W!!!”

Crow leaps onto the nearest table and rolls onto the ring canvas. He stands up, hits the crucifix pose again, and then steps into the middle of the ring. The referee for the match-up, Ced Ordonez, motions for David to get up and join them in the center. Slowly, David rises up and saunters over to the antichrist superstar and the senior official.

“Boys,” Ordonez starts, “As you know, there is no disqualification in this match-up. The glass is a legal weapon, of course, but other than that, let’s try to keep it clean, alright? Can you do… hey! Blazenwing! Crow! Did either of you hear anything I just said?!”

Crow and David are staring each other down with enraged looks in their eyes. Crow takes a drag from his cigarette and blows the smoke in David’s face, eliciting a pop from the crowd. He is about to do it again when David grabs the cigarette out of Crow’s mouth. As the crowd watches on in shock, David takes a drag of Crow’s own cigarette and blows the smoke back in the antichrist superstar’s face! With that final act of rebellion, Crow snaps and begins punching David hard in the face, sending him reeling backwards.

DING! DING! DING!

“And here we go, King! This brawl has started! And it looks like it’s going to be one hell of a slobber knocker from where I’m sitting!” exclaims Axis.

“Axis,” says King while scratching his head, “Just what in the hell is a slobber knocker anyhow?”

“Just watch the match and you’ll see, my friend.”

“Don’t call me your friend.”

“Alright then.”

Crow drives David onto the ground with hard punches to the side of his face and then starts stomping his chest with a fury unseen in any of his other matches. Crow is pissed! It is obvious as he continues the beat down on the former superhero. Crow grabs David’s hair and lifts him up slowly. He grabs David’s arm and nails him with a hip toss, landing David on his back. Crow picks up Blazenwing again and nails another hip toss… BUT WAIT! Blazenwing flips in midair and lands on his feet, then rushes forward with a vengeance at Crow and lifts his leg up, catching the champion unaware… BANG! Crow receives a crack to the face that is heard around the arena with a big boot attack! Crow collapses to the ground in a heap of antichristian being as David drops to the mat on his knees and hooks Crow’s leg for the cover.

ONE!

KICKOUT!

Crow rolls out of the pin easily, and the two men jump back into the ready position. Crow rubs his face and grins, as David Blazenwing holds his arm and does the same thing. Face to face, the two begin brawling once again. A punch to Crow’s face. A punch to David’s sternum. David hits the right hook and the left job of the Blazen Combination, but before he can finish it up with the uppercut to the gut, Crow grabs David’s arm and sends Blazenwing reeling with a series of steel chops to the chest of the challenger, eliciting a “Woooo!” from the crowd with every successfully landed blow.

CRACK!

”WOOOOOOOOOOO!”

CRACK!

“WOOOOOOOOOOO!”

CRACK!

“WOOOOOOOOOOO!”

CRACK!

“WOOOOOOOOOOO!”

With David stunned, Crow grabs David’s head, stuffs it underneath his armpit, slaps his back and…

BAM!

Crow takes Blazenwing down with a hard DDT! A cover!

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

“Blazenwing kicked out! Not bad by Crow, but Blazenwing is determined, and it’s going to take a lot more than that to take out the Full Effect!” says Axis.

“It was alright, but it doesn’t matter. This match is going to go on for a while, Axis, so get comfy. But zip up your pants… not that comfy, okay?” adds Suicide King.

“But you said… oh, fine. Have it your way.”

Crow begins kicking David hard in the chest, mudhole style, and every time he lands a kick, the crowd claps in unison. With every blow, David reels with considerable pain. As the crowd cheers wildly for Crow, he goes to land another kick and –WAIT! David grabs Crow’s foot in mid-stomp and drops him to his back, then turns the antichrist superstar over on his stomach and sets in the ankle lock! Crow yells in pain as the submission maneuver contorts his ankle in ways that the human ankle is not meant to contort. Ced Ordonez slides over to Crow and asks the Champion if he submits, but Crow just continues to shout “NO GOD DAMMIT!!!” at the top of his lungs. At about this time, the pain in David’s chest becomes too much to bear and he has no choice but to drop the hold and double back in pain, rolling onto the glass perimeter outside the ring while Crow cradles his ankle in the center of the ring.

“Both superstars are now down in the ring,” Axis adds, “and neither looks to have the advantage at this point. But David had better be careful now that he has found himself on the glass. Crow is the master of glass, remember…”

“Remember? We only talked about it five minutes ago! You’re getting Alzheimer’s, old man.”

“Well, at least I’m trying to make an effort to stir up some form of a conversation! Why don’t you talk?”

“I happen to be doing some very important research.”

“Consisting of what, may I ask?”

“I’m checking out all the pretty girls at ringside, trying to pick out my favorite of the bunch! It’s my dome, and I think that in celebration of us being here tonight, I deserve some sexual healing. Then again, you wouldn’t know anything about that, would you, Axis? Then again, there’s a fairly portly woman at ringside that you might be able to sweet talk…”

“Oh really King? I thought that was your mom.”

“Take that back! That’s not funny, Axis. I mean, what could possibly compel you to make such an immoral statement such as – HOLY SHIT! That IS my mom! Hi mom!”

Crow slowly lifts himself to his feet while David lies, still resting, on the glass outside the ring. Crow sees him and, judging the possibilities in his head, starts to walks towards the outside when his ankle, still hurt, gives out from underneath him and he falls back onto the canvas, holding his ankle in pain. The referee sees the considerable amount of pain that the antichrist superstar is in and crouches down next to him, then asks him how bad the pain is. When asked if he wants to forfeit the match, he shakes his head no, but tells the referee that he may need some help. Outside of the ring, David rolls to one knee, then stands up, still clutching his chest in pain. Seeing the downed Crow, he strides over to the fallen SJL Champion and grabs his hair, then starts to pick him up and – CROW WITH A LA MAJISTRAL CRADLE! CED ORDONEZ STARTS THE COUNT!

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

“Great move there by Crow, almost had him! I don’t think anyone saw that coming… Crow was playing dead in an attempt to catch the challenger off guard, and it almost worked!” screams Axis.

Crow returns to his feet and, standing above the former superhero, strikes the crucifix pose to a huge pop from the crowd. He stands, waiting for David Blazenwing to return to his feet. Blazenwing finally does after about 30 seconds, and is met by the grinning face of Crow and a heart wrenching stiff chop to the chest.

CRACK!

“WOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Crow unleashes another stiff, skin cracking chop to the chest of David Blazenwing, and backs the former superhero into the nearest corner. Attaching his hand to David’s forearm, Crow whips David into the opposite corner and almost immediately follows with a running clothesline to Blazenwing’s chest, stunning him even further. Crow whips David back into the first corner at takes another running dive at him but David, working solely on pure instinct and adrenaline, charges out of the corner at the last moment, spearing Crow in the gut! Saliva gushes out of Crow’s mouth as the finishing maneuver, which caught the antichrist superstar off guard, doubles him over in a heap and leaves him cradled in the fetal position.

“BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD! THE MID-NITRO! THE MID-NITRO!!!”

King laughs gleefully. “Axis! This one is over! You saw what happened on Crimson when David Mid-Nitro’ed the Crow dummy… it tore the dummy in half! Now he has used it to tear the REAL dummy in half! This one’s over… it’s just a shame that all that wonderful, breakable glass is going to go to waste…”

Ced Ordonez slides over and begins to count for David as he lowers himself to the mat and hooks the leg of Crow.

ONE!

TWO!

TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOO! CROW KICKED OUT! CROW KICKED OUT! CROW KICKED OUT!!!

“Crow, amazingly, manages to kick out of the Mid-Nitro within a split-second of this match ending! And Blazenwing is back on his feet!” shouts Axis, who, along with King, is caught up in the intensity of this match.

“I don’t believe it! Ordonez is counting slowly! Blazenwing had this match won! Damn it!”

Apparently, Blazenwing agrees with Suicide King… he had this match won! David walks over to Ordonez and starts yelling at the official, clapping his hands together three times to illustrate the fact that he believes he had this match won. Ordonez claps his hands together twice, then puts his hand up into the air with two fingers up, showing David what really happened. As Ordonez and Blazenwing argue, Crow slowly slides behind David and pulls out his lighter, then lights it right at the bottom of David’s jeans. Crow rolls away a small bit and after a few seconds, Ordonez sees David’s pants on fire and calmly points it out to him. When David sees it, he begins freaking out and starts jumping around looking for help and panicking. Ordonez tells David to stop moving and tries to put it out himself, when suddenly, out of nowhere, Crow, now on his feet, flies over across the ring and nails the distracted Blazenwing with a stiff kick to the head, a move he calls the Das Wunder Kick, sending him flying to the outside of the ring… and… CRASSSSHHHH! YES! DAVID BLAZENWING HAS GONE CLEAR THROUGH A GLASS TABLE!!!

“BAH GAWD! He’s been broken in half! That’s it. Call this match off, somebody! This is too much!”

“C’mon Axis! Lighten up! Both these guys knew what they were getting into when they signed for this match. Hell, David made the challenge. Besides… if the match was to be called off now, a lot of people here, and at home, would be plenty pissed at you, Axis. Then again, I’m sure you could always find another shed to hide in.”

“……………”

“Oh come on Axis… you KNOW it’s true. Besides… the fire on his pants leg went out… so it was good for him! Well, then again, he was busted open on his face…”

“No kidding there, King… David has been busted open horribly across his forehead. With him now bleeding like this, I think it’s only a matter of time before he falls victim to the antichrist superstar.”

The crowd in the Kingdome begins to chant “Holy shit” as David lies motionless in a pile of glass. Crow rolls into a somersault bringing him to his feet, then walks over to the spot where the table has broken and left David lying in a pile of blood. Crow jumps down into the hole and grabs David by his hair, then slowly pulls him up, punching his forehead and making him bleed even worse. Crow heaves the groggy Blazenwing onto his shoulder and tosses him into the ring, then climbs back up onto the glass extension and rolls into the ring, grabbing David’s leg and hooking him for the cover.

ONE!

TWO!

TTTTTHHHHHHHRRRRRRRREEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! KICKOUT!!!

David Blazenwing just barely manages to kick out! Crow, seeing the blood and sensing that his opponent is slowly falling, pulls out the lighter again. He lights the lighter and begins to move it towards the blood gushing out of the former superheroes’ forehead. The crowd starts to chant “Make him burn” as Crow gets closer… closer… NO! Referee Ced Ordonez has reached down and grabbed the lighter away from Crow! Furious, Crow walks over to Ordonez and starts arguing, trying to wrest the lighter from the referee’s hands. David begins to stir and starts to get up, wiping the blood from his face as he reaches his feet and notices the struggle that has ensued between Crow and Ordonez. Seizing this opportunity, and knowing that this match is no DQ, David hobbles up behind the distracted Crow, slides to his knees, balls his hand up in a fist and lifts it into Crow’s crotch area, forcing the antichrist superstar to his knees.

“HAHAHAHA! There you go, Blazenwing! Show that loser Crow who’s boss! Did you see that, Axis?”

“I did, King… and I can’t say I approve of it.”

“Oh, but it’s alright for Crow to put Blazenwing through a glass table with the Das Wunder Kick?”

”Well King… that was in self defense…”

“SELF DEFENSE MY ASS!!! AXIS! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DO PLAY BY PLAY! TAKING SIDES IS WRONG!!!”

“You seem to be taking the side of David Blazenwing… and that’s okay?”

“Axis, this is MY house… literally! If you don’t like it, then go get locked in a shed.”

The sound of Blazenwing’s fist connecting with Crow’s package makes the crowd groan, and as Crow collapses to the mat, the crowd begins unceremoniously booing David Blazenwing, something that gets even louder when Blazenwing spins around and strikes the old superhero pose, then flips off the crowd. As Crow is rolling around on the ground, David taunts the antichrist superstar even further by standing above Crow’s head and striking the crucifix pose on top of him, eliciting an even angrier jeer from the crowd. With Crow still in a large amount of pain, David grabs his long, wet, black hair and, after bringing him up to knee level, begins to drag him over to the glass extension surrounding the ring. Once over the glass, David shoves Crow’s head between his legs, lifts him high into the air in a powerbomb position, then quickly lowers him down into the Blazen Bomb. CRASSSSHHHH! CROW GOES BACK FIRST THROUGH A GLASS TABLE! NOW HE HAS BEEN BUSTED OPEN AS WELL!

“BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD! NOW CROW HAS BEEN BROKEN IN HALF AS WELL! CALL OFF THE DAMN MATCH!!!”

“AXIS!!!”

“What?”

“For the love of God, man… NO ONE IS GOING TO CALL OFF THE FRICKIN’ MATCH! SO JUST STOP SAYING THAT ALREADY!!!”

“Well, King… excuse me for actually CARING for our superstars!”

“Please… CARING for superstars isn’t going to make them legends… actually, it would probably put them in your shoes.”

“Well, then I’m happy to be where I am.”

“It wasn’t a compliment, shed boy.”

“King, if you say shed one more time…”

“Shed! Shed! SHED SHED SHED SHED SHED SHED SHED SHED SHED!!! SHED! What are you going to do, Shed Boy?!”

“I’m…. I’m… I’M… I’m going to sit here and pretend I didn’t hear you.”

“I…but.. uh.. SCREW IT! I give up! Just call the damn match already!”

With Crow collapsed through the shattered glass table, the crowd begins booing again. David jumps down into the hole made when Crow fell through and lifts him back up, tossing him onto the ring canvas, covering the spot where Crow lands with blood, which is now oozing from his back, which got cut open when he hit the glass in the first place. David heaves himself out of the hole and rolls back into the ring. Seeing Crow lying near the edge of the ring, David grabs his arms and drags him to the center of the ring, then takes his thumb and rakes it across his throat, signaling the leg drop! David runs towards the ropes to rebound off… then realizes that there are no ropes! David stands for a moment, thinks about it, then motions for Ordonez to join him for a moment. Blazenwing whispers something into Ordonez’s ear. When he hears it, he laughs momentarily, but seeing how serious David is, he reluctantly goes and stands where the ring ropes would be and sticks his hands out. David gives him the thumbs up, stomps Crow once more to ensure that he won’t get up prematurely, then runs to Ordonez, bounces off Ordonez’s arms, and jumps in the air as he reaches Crow, dropping the big leg on the antichrist superstar! When Crow’s legs bounce up in the air from the shock of the attack, David grabs them and holds them in a pinning position as Ordonez slides over to the pair and starts to count.

ONE!

TWO!

..KICKOUT!

“Crow kicks out after a Full Effect Leg Drop! King, David appears to be running on empty! After a Mid-Nitro, a Blazen Bomb AND a Leg Drop! What more does he have left?!”

King scoffs. “Axis, we haven’t seen the Veil of Darkness yet! I’ll bet that is what will put Crow away for good!”

“That may be… but after all these big moves from Blazenwing, we have yet to see any BIG moves from Crow… he’s being smart and thinking ahead, saving all his hard-hitting stuff for the end of the match!”

“Well, I can agree with you there. Crow didn’t get to be SJL World Heavyweight Champion by being stupid, that’s for sure.”

“Actually, King, Crow got to be SJL World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Sean Atlas and Christian Blackwell in a three minute three way challenge!”

“. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I know that, Axis. I was there.”

“Well, glad we got that settled, then. Ooh! What is Blazenwing up to here?”

As Axis pointed out, David is attempting to get on top of a turnbuckle, but without the ring ropes to aid him, is having more than a little bit of trouble. Finally, he just decides to give it up and turns back around… only to be greeted by Crow! David goes for a kick, but Crow grabs Blazenwing’s foot in mid-air and drops to the ground, hurting himself by landing on his bloody, torn up back, but sending David flying with a dragon screw attack, using a “no pain, no gain” philosophy. When David lands, he hits his head on the mat, temporarily stunning him. Crow gets up in considerable pain due to his back, but perseveres nonetheless. He grabs David’s legs, lets out an incredible scream, then holds them up in the air. The crowd begins to cheer as Crow steps in between the legs, then crosses David Blazenwing’s legs, turns him on his stomach… and… YES! The sharpshooter is successfully in! Crow leans back, adding more pressure to David’s legs, as Ced Ordonez slides over to David Blazenwing and asks if he wants to give up. David insistently shouts “NO!” as Crow affixes more pressure to the former superheroes’ legs.

“Axis… I just realized something. Tell me… how do you break a submission hold?”

“You grab the ropes, forcing a break of the said hold in question.”

“Right… so is David Blazenwing screwed?”

“Screwed? What do you mean – ah! There are NO ropes! Well, I guess he’ll either have to reverse the hold or give up and forfeit the match.”

“Well… that seems unfair for him.”

David puts his hands down on the mat and pushes with all his might, lifting himself up into the air just enough to remove some of the pressure that Crow is causing with the sharpshooter, but he seems to be losing leverage. His face turns red from the pressure and, in a shocking turn of events, his cut in his forehead, that had been suffered earlier in the match and had stopped bleeding, starts bleeding again! As David tries to fight out of the hold, the blood trickles down his face… and the crowd is loving it! Finally, David finds enough strength to overpower Crow and turn over, tossing him to the side and breaking the hold. Exhausted, David tries to stand up, but falls back onto the mat and grips his legs in pain.

“King, David seems to be having some trouble standing up.”

“Well, gee, I wonder why… He’s bleeding again, his legs were just tied up in a knot for the last three minutes… why should he have any trouble walking?”

“Hey… I’m just saying. Don’t kill the messenger.”

“WHAT MESSENGER!? Axis, I’m sitting right next to you, seeing the exact same match as you are!”

Crow walks over to David and starts to pick him up when the chorus of “Dragula” hits the SmarkTron again. Bemused, Crow drops David and kicks him, then looks up the ramp to see David’s Valet, Jen, running to ringside! She jumps onto the glass extension and slides into the ring, then crawls over to David and checks him to see if he is alright. He assures her that he is, then gets up and walks over to Crow and starts yelling at him. Crow seems a bit taken aback as Jen walks towards the glass, forcing Crow back as she yells. She then rears back and slaps Crow… which gets the crowd angry. Then again, it seems to get the antichristian phenomenon angry as well. Crow rears back with a knife edged chop, then sends it sailing and… stops! We stops his hand right before he hits her, and she breathes a sigh of relief.

Axis sighs a sigh of relief as well. “See King? If Crow’s girlfriend had done that to David, she would be on the ground in a heap of… well, she would be hurting really bad.”

“Yeah! That’s because David doesn’t take crap from anyone! Crow’s soft!”

Jen laughs in relief that she didn’t get hit, then turns around and starts to walk away – BAM!!! Crow wraps his arms around Jen’s waist and lifts her above his head, sending her sailing over him in a release German Suplex right into the glass! CRASSSSHHHH! Jen goes right through and lies crumpled up in a heap amongst the remains of the table she just crashed through.

“BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD! SHE’S BEEN BROKEN IN –“

“Axis! Don’t finish that sentence if you want to see the rest of this match!”

“Okay.”

“Good. That’s what I –“

“HALF!!!”

“Damn it! Why do I even bother?!”

“Hahahahaha… I’m still trying to figure that out, King.”

Amused at what just went down, Crow turns around to tend back to David… only to fall victim to a DDT! Crow is down! David is up! But, rather than go for the pin, David moves into the corner and crouches down, then starts to wave his hand! He’s motioning for Crow to get up! He’s calling for the Mid-Nitro… again!

“He’s calling for the Mid-Nitro! This didn’t work once, King, and I find it hard to believe it will work a second time around.”

“Crow is also a lot weaker this time around, Axis. Besides, he may just be using the Mid-Nitro to set up for the Veil of Darkness, like he did on Crow’s dummy last week!”

Crow stumbles to his feet slowly, facing the crowd instead of Blazenwing. As he slowly starts to turn to face his opponent, David erupts from the corner like a bullet and, when Crow focuses on the quickly advancing Blazenwing, he tries to dive out of the way, but it is too late, for, a split second later, David is on Crow like stink on Axis’ feet! A quick spear, and Crow drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes. David jumps up, adrenaline pumping, and rakes his thumb across his throat again, then looks down at Crow and spits on him.

“This is it, Axis! The move we’ve been waiting for! The Veil of Darkness!”

“Can he do it? Can he score a legendary upset over the Antichristian Phenomenon?”

“Axis! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you all night!”

David reaches down and picks up Crow by his hair. With the crowd jeering as they realize that their hero is falling, David tucks Crow’s head underneath his arm and puts Crow’s arm above his neck, almost like a vertical suplex. David lifts him up, holds him there, goes to drop him… and… NO! WHAT THE HELL!? CROW COUNTERED AND LANDED ON HIS FEET! Crow, seemingly planning this whole thing out, grabs David’s face in a front face lock, then lift’s David’s arm above his shoulders. Crow, grabbing the ass of David’s jeans, heaves him high into the air and turns him upside down, then jumps in the air himself and swings his legs out, forcing David’s head, neck, and shoulders into the canvas.

“HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!”

“BAH GAWD! BAH GAWD!!! NATURAL BORN CHAOS! NATURAL BORN CHAOS! IT’S OVER, KING! NO ONE KICKS OUT OF THAT!”

“NOOOO! HE WAS SO CLOSE! WHAT HORRIBLE LUCK!”

The crowd begins cheering wildly as Crow covers Blazenwing for the pin. Ordonez slides over and starts the count as the entire arena counts along with his falling hand.

ONE!

TWO!

WHAM!!!

….

…..

”What in the hell?! Referee Ced Ordonez has just been… Maori Dropped!”

“Axis! That’s… THAT’S VA’AIGA! THE #1 CONTENDER TO CROW’S SJL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! What in the hell is he doing out here?”

Crow looks up and sees Va’aiga standing there, having just Maori Dropped the referee. Crow jumps up and tries to go after Va’aiga, but in his weakened state, is no match for the freshly rested Va’aiga and falls victim to the Maori Drop as well. Va’aiga looks over the two fallen superstars, contemplates the situation, then drags David Blazenwing over to Crow and lies the former superhero on top of the beaten Antichristian Phenomenon. Another official, Anthony Michael Hall, runs out from the back, jumps onto the glass, slides into the ring and starts to count as Va’aiga stands triumphant.

“No! King, not like this!”

“YES! Va’aiga has Crow’s number! Upset city, here we come!”

ONE!

TWO!

TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The bell rings and “Dragula” begins playing over the SmarkTron as Funyon, who was standing in the back for the entire match, walks down the ramp with Crow’s SJL World Heavyweight Championship in hand while talking on the mic.

“Ladies and gentleman… here is your winner… DAVID BLA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AZENWING!”

Anthony Michael Hall picks up the groggy David Blazenwing and lifts his hand, as he realizes what just happened. Va’aiga stands behind him, waiting. David turns around, grins, and thanks the Maori badass for the help… THEN WHAM! VA’AIGA GRABS DAVID BLAZENWING AND MAORI DROPS HIM AS WELL! The crowd explodes as “Dragula” abruptly ends and “"Bring The Pain" by Method Man plays over the SmarkTron.

Suicide King screams, “OH! Maori Drop to Blazenwing! Good night, Blazenwing… I think Va’aiga knocked him all the way back to last week’s Crimson with that shot!”

Axis sighs. ”I still can’t believe it, King… but David Blazenwing actually BEAT Crow! Our World Heavyweight Champion!”

“You know, Axis, I just realized something… if this has been a title match, we’d have a new SJL World Heavyweight Champion right now!”

“Yeah… but still, David Blazenwing has a lot to owe to Va’aiga! If it wasn’t for him, he would have most certainly lost this match!”

With Crow, Ordonez and Blazenwing down from Maori Drops, Funyon and Hall get out of the ring as soon as they can, and Funyon just tosses the World Championship to the fallen Crow, afraid to get close to Va’aiga. Va’aiga reaches down and sees the SJL World Heavyweight Championship lying there. He reaches down, picks it up, and puts it over his shoulder, shouting “MY HOUSE!” as he poses with the belt, standing in the middle of the three fallen souls.

“What a slobber knocker tonight was, King!”

“I’ll say… and what a way to end the show!”

“Well folks, the next time the SJL is on television will be SJL Wrath on June 1st! For the Suicide King, I’m Axis… good night from the Kingdome in Fargo, North Dakota!”

Right before the camera fades to black, the last image on the screen is Va’aiga holding up the SJL World Heavyweight Championship. Could this be a sign of things to come?

**Fade to Black**

Smartmarks Junior Leagues © 2003

Guest ClockTower_GunShot

Phoenix's are that lucky, I guess.

[We return from the previous commercial break, and the opening promo by the SJL Television Champion, Leo Breslin, to where Axis and The Suicide King sit at the announcers booth at ringside.]

[Axis] And we are live, at SJL Metal here in The Kingdome in Fargo, North Dakoda!

[King] For Suicide King appreciation night!

[Axis] It certainly is, King!

[King] It is so good to be me. I am the envy of every man, the love of every women, and I am rich! I am the perfect man!

[Axis] You keep telling yourself that King. Anyway, what a night we have for you. After that explosive opening promo from Leo Breslin, and in the main event, a Glass Ceiling match, involving the SJL World Champion, Crow, taking on the man that returned on Crimson, and challenged him, David Blazenwing.

[King] We all David Blazenwing has no chance, and that Crow will destroy him.

[Axis] Anything can happen here in the SJL, King. But up next, we have newcomer, English Dragon, taking on, the winless, Dan Caldwell!

[King] Dan has had a tough few weeks since debuting in the SJL, and not much is known about the English Dragon.

[Axis] Or so you would think. I know a little information on English Dragon.

[King] Go on, explain yourself.

[Axis] Alright. Well, the English Dragon was raised in England, and started his wrestling career over there, but is well known in Japan, where he held 7 different Junior titles.

[King] So English Dragon is not a knock over. He is actually a very talented performer around the world!

[Axis] That is true, and it's time to get to the ring, for our first match of the night!

["Land of Hope and Glory" plays over the PA, as The English Dragon makes his way down to the ring in a slow confident walk.]

[Funyon] This match is schedualed for one fall, and has a 20 minute time limit. First, coming to the ring. From London, England. Weighing in at 233 pounds. He is The English Dragon!

[King] There is the man, who is making his debut in the SJL tonight! Doesn't look like much.

[Axis] But he is extremely talented, as already noted.

[Red lights begin flashing around the arena. "Guerilla Radio" by Rage Against the Machine starts up over the PA, and Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell walks out wearing a black robe. Dan makes his way to the ring, as Funyon stands in the ring, and makes his introduction. Dan walks towards the ring, and quietly gets in. Dan takes off his robe, and punches himself on the side of the head to warm himself up for his match.]

[Funyon] And his opponent. From Chicago, Illinoise. Weighing in at 250 pounds. He is Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell!

[Axis] Dan Caldwell is 0 and 2 so far in the SJL. Maybe tonight will be night he turns that all around.

[Funyon steps out of the ring, as the referee checks each man in their corner for weapons or any illegal objects. After checking both, and finding nothing, the referee signals for the bell to ring.]

[Axis] And this match is underway!

[both men walk out of their corners, and make their way to the center of the ring. They start to circle around each other, not taking their eyes off the other. They dive into each other, and lock their arms around each other in a collar elbow lock up. They both struggle to gain power, but the obviously stronger Caldwell works his way around to the back of Dragon, locking the Dragon in a waist lock. Dragon tries to find a way out, struggle around, but Caldwell keeps the hold locked in. Dragon tries to run around, to maybe shake Dan off, but Dan stands still, not letting Dragon out of his grip. Dan, pulling the strength in his lower back and arms, lifts Dragon into the air, keeping the waist lock locked in, and driving Dragon into the mat shoulder first.]

[Axis] The stronger Caldwell pulling out a waist lock takedown on the Dragon. We might see some mat work from Dan Caldwell here.

[Dan keeps his waist lock locked in tight, not letting the Dragon out from under him. Dragon tries to struggle away, and finally slips out from under neath Dan, but is still trapped in the waist lock. Dragon tries to roll away, but Dan is always 2 steps ahead of him, and follows him where ever he goes, with the waist lock. Dragon tries the idea of using his speed to get rid of Dan, and rolls over onto his neck, but Dan holds on. Dragon finally gets enough, and drags Dan towards the ropes, finally able to break the hold.]

[Axis] Caldwell, keeping Dragon tied down to the mat, using his amateur wrestling background.

[King] Smart move by Caldwell, as the Dragon is a much faster opponent, who will occasionaly take to the air, where Dan can't attack, nor defend.

[Dragon stays attached to the rope, as the referee forces Caldwell to break the hold. Dan gets back to his feet, and backs up toward the opposite corner, as Dragon gets up to his feet. Dragon tries to shake off the effects of being wrestled to the ground. Dragon leaps up to his feet, and the two walk back into the center of the ring, and once again, start circling each other. They dive into each other again, locking their arms to each other, with another collar elbow lock up. The stronger Caldwell takes the advantage again, as he grabs a hold of Dragon's right arm in a arm bar. Caldwell wrenches on the arm, twisting it out of it's socket.]

[Axis] Basic armbar by Caldwell, though that move does hurt the arm. Tearing and tearing, trying to rip it out of the arm socket.

[King] Very good describing an arm bar, there Axis. Maybe you can tell us the causes and effects of being kicked in the gut.

[The Dragon drops down to one knee, holding the shoulder of the arm being wrenched on by Dan . Dragon decides to pull out some flippy floppy, and does a front flip over, landing on his feet, almost making Caldwell release the hold. Dragon falls back first backwards onto the mat, while Caldwell still holds the arm. Dragon kips up off the ground, and through all the confusion, Dragon reverses Caldwell's arm wrench, into his own arm wrench, flipping Caldwell foward, with him landing on his back on the mat.]

[Axis] Amazing agility by The English Dragon, pulling out the flip flop reversal for the arm wrench, made famous by the late Owen Hart.

[Dragon wrenches on Caldwell's arm, now trying to tear his arm out of the socket. Caldwell, being the technical expert he is, quickly figures a way out of this, as he leans back onto his upper back/neck area, putting his legs in the air. Caldwell wraps his boots around the right arm of the Dragon, the same arm he held in the arm wrench. Caldwell quickly twists his boots around, nearly tearing Dragon's arm out of the socket. Dragon quickly breaks the hold, and falls onto the mat, screaming in pain, and holding his right shoulder. Dragon crawls to the ropes as fast as he can, as the referee checks on him, to see if he can continue.]

[Axis] Did you see that? Caldwell nearly tore Dragon's arm out of the socket! Dragon can be seriously injured!

[King] That's what you get for stepping in the ring with Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell! He knows thousands of ways to hurt people, and that was just one of them!

[Dan quickly gets up to his feet, and charges over to the ropes where the Dragon is. Caldwell reaches down to lift Dragon off the mat, but the referee pushes Caldwell away, to give Dragon some time to get to his feet. The referee goes back to check on Dragon, but Caldwell pushes him well out of the way, and reaches down, grabbing Dragon by the back of his mask, and lifting him up to his feet. Caldwell grabs Dragon's right wrist, and holds his right arm out. Caldwell lifts his arm into the air, and drives his elbow into Dragon's shoulder, knocking Dragon down to one knee. Caldwell lifts his arm again, and again drives his elbow into the right shoulder. Caldwell does this two more times, and each time, the more painful for Dragon.]

[Axis] Caldwell is really taking advantage of that hurt right arm of Dragon!

[King] If Dragon doesn't find some way to fight out of this attack, he may get caught in a submission move, that can pick up the win for Dan Caldwell.

[Axis] With Caldwell, it goes all the way back to his amateur wrestling days, his shoot fighting days, and his training in Japan. In Japan, these men come from 2 different worlds. Dan Caldwell comes from the stiff hitting, submission based heavyweights, while English Dragon comes from the high flying junior heavyweights. It's really a styles clash with these two.

[Caldwell lifts Dragon back up to his feet, and pushes him backwards into the ropes. Caldwell whips Dragon across the ropes. Dragon bounces into the opposite ropes and comes running back to the direction that Caldwell is in. Dan runs at Dragon, but dives feet first to the mat, under the running Dragon. Caldwell wraps his arm around Dragon's ankle, tripping Dragon down, with Dragon falling face first to the mat. Caldwell quickly turns over to his stomach, and still holding the ankle, wraps his legs around it. Caldwell leans forward, and locks Dragon in a face lock, all doing this in 1 smooth motion.]

[Axis] STF from out of nowhere on Dragon! He may have to submit, as this move can be too much to the neck and back area!

[Dragon swings his arms wildly, while Caldwell just pulls back on it. Caldwell quickly releases the toe hold and jumps around to the right side of Dragon's body, still holding the face lock. Caldwell quickly releases that hold, but grabs Dragon's right arm, and begins pulling on it, trying to hyper extend the elbow, and pull on the shoulder.]

[Axis] Fujiwara armbar! Famous move in Japan and here in the States, that Caldwell is using on the injured arm of Dragon!

[King] So far, all of the offense in this match has been from Dan! It looks like Dragon is going to be short work for that beast.

[English Dragon waves his free hand, screaming at the top of his lungs to get out of the hold, but Caldwell just pulls back on it. Dragon is able to move his body around, but every time he tries too, Caldwell just pulls back more on the arm bar. Dragon is finally able to move his body far enough to the ropes, and gets his foot on the bottom rope, making the referee force Caldwell to break the hold.]

[King] Dragon got lucky there, huh, Axis?

[Axis] You can say that again.

[Caldwell releases the hold, and gets up to his feet, while the referee goes and checks on Dragon, who is clutching his shoulder in pain. Caldwell walks over, ready to start the attack on Dragon again, but the referee pushes Caldwell away, and tells him to wait. Caldwell backs up into the center of the ring, as the referee helps Dragon up to his knees. Caldwell, not wanting to wait anymore, walks back over to the corner, and pushes the referee away, knocking him to the mat. While the referee is down, Dragon takes the advantage, and gives Caldwell a swift uppercut to the groin, that leaves Dan bent over, holding his groin. Dragon quickly gets to his feet, and wraps his good, left arm around Caldwell's head, in a front face lock, and falling backwards, driving Caldwell head first into the mat. The referee gets back up, and sees Dragon rolling Caldwell up for a pin attempt. The referee dives into place, and Dragon sees this as the perfect opportunity, as he places his feet on the middle rope, trying to get the advantage over Dan.]

[One!]

[Axis] What the hell? Dragon just low blowed Caldwell, and now has his feet on the ropes! That is unfair!

[King] But I love it.

[Two!]

[Dan is able to roll out of it, breaking the pin fall. Dragon gets up to his feet, looking a little annoyed at the referee, but gets back to work. Dragon uses his left arm to grab one of Caldwell's arms, and drags him into the center of the ring. Dragon turns Dan over onto his stomach, and walks over to the ropes, facing Dan. Dan slowly gets up to his hands and knees, ready to get back up, as Dragon charges at him, diving into the air, and placing both boots into Caldwell's forehead, knocking Dan back down to the mat, holding his forehead in pain.]

[King] Did you hear the snap from that dropkick to the forehead?

[Axis] This is smart on the part of Dragon. Dan has turned his right arm into Jell-O, so now he has to use quick, impact moves, to keep Caldwell down, and away from his submission moves.

[Dragon turns Dan around onto his back, and goes for the pinfall.]

[One!]

[Two!]

[Dan gets a shoulder up, somehow! Dragon looks hesitant at the referee, not sure what will keep Dan down. Dragon gets to his feet, and reaches down, grabbing Dan by the back of the head, and pulling him up to his feet. Dragon wraps his right arm around the head of Dan, holding him in a front face lock. Dragon lifts Caldwell's arm over his neck, and grabs Caldwell's fighter shorts, and quickly snaps backwards, lifting Caldwell into the air, but driving him back first into the mat.]

[Axis] Snap suplex by Dragon. But what is he planning?

[Dragon rolls over, still holding onto Caldwell, so lifting Caldwell back around. Dragon snaps backwards again, driving Caldwell back first into the mat again, with another snap suplex. Dragon rolls around, for a third time, still holding onto Caldwell. He lifts Caldwell up to his feet, and snaps backwards, driving Caldwell back first into the mat, with the third consecutive snap suplex.]

[Axis] 3 rolling snap suplexes by Dragon, one of his trademark moves! That might be enough to keep Dan down on the mat for a 3 count!

[Dragon floats over, for the pinfall.]

[One!]

[Two!]

[Dan gets a shoulder up! Dragon gets up to his feet, holding his right shoulder, which still must be in a lot of pain after the train wreck Dan sent on it. Dragon reaches down, and lifts Caldwell up to his feet, but leaves him bent over. Dragon gets behind Caldwell, and uses both arms to lock around Caldwell's head, and lock him in a full nelson.]

[Axis] I think Dragon is going for the Dragon Suplex! A very dangerous move, that if he hits this, it will be all over, for sure!

[King] If Caldwell wants to win this match, he better do something.

[Dragon goes to lift Caldwell into the air, pulling up all the strength he has in his body, but Caldwell realizes what is going on, and leans foward, using his upper body strength to not only stop the Dragon Suplex attempt, but lifting Dragon up into the air. Caldwell uses the one weapon he can always count on, his head, and begins slamming it backwards, into the face of Dragon!]

[Axis] Brutal headbutts by Dan Caldwell, stopping the Dragon Suplex attempt! He hit English Dragon with at least 4 or 5 headbutts to the face, they both must be hurting after that. How can Dan Caldwell use his body like that?

[King] Caldwell is one tough apple.

[Axis] Apple?

[King] It's a very popular phrase.

[Dan stands back up straight, dropping Dragon right behind him, with Dragon now leaning on Caldwell, after those tremendous shots to the face. Caldwell pulls his left arm free, but keeps a hold around Dragon's injured right arm. Caldwell twists past Dragon, now standing behind him, holding the injured arm. Caldwell lifts his leg into the air, stepping over the right arm, now holding it between his legs. Caldwell drops to the mat, spinning to the right, and flips Dragon over onto his back. Caldwell, now holding the injured arm of Dragon in between his legs, wraps his legs around it, and begins pulling on it in a Cross Armbreaker!]

[Axis] Rolling Armbreaker out of the Dragon Suplex attempt by Dragon! Caldwell has the move locked in! It could be all over here!

[Caldwell pulls on the arm, wrenching on the shoulder, trying to pull it out of the socket. Dragon tries to pull out of it, but Caldwell, the stronger of the two, has it locked in. Dragon tries moving his body around, doing whatever it takes to get out of the hold. Dan senses Dragon almost escaping the hold, so he unwraps the leg closes to Dragon's face, and begins slamming his foot into the side of Dragon's head, stopping all escape attempts. When realizing Dragon is near unconsciousness, he locks his legs around the arm again, and starts pulling and stretching the arm again. The referee checks on Dragon, who has no choice, but to tap out. The referee signals for the bell, and this one is over.]

[Axis] Caldwell with the submission victory over Dragon with a rolling armbreaker, in Dragon's debut match, and Caldwell picking up his first win in the SJL! What a match that was!

[Funyon] Here is your winner, via submission. Dan "The Phoenix" Caldwell!

["Guerilla Radio" starts up over the PA again, as Dan releases the hold on Dragon. Dan holds his arms in the air, as the referee helps the injured Dragon out of the ring, who is still holding his shoulder.]

[Axis] That was only the first match too! We have a tremendouse show for you fans tonight, that includes the Glass Ceiling match between Crow and David Blazenwing!

Guest Ace309

Among other things, Dan, I noticed a very glaring problem with your match... you commentary needs work.

Your Axis comes off flat, dull and slightly stupid. Remember, he's a veteran of the ring. He was a WFer for a long time, coming back as recently as last summer for a comeback against Sacred. He knows what's going on in the ring, and he'd be able to point out the finer points of the story being told in the ring. It's a waste to use Axis for nothing more complex than "He's been working on the arm" and "That was a low blow!"

Similarly, your King comes off a little uneducated. The Suicide King is the commissioner of the SWF. He's a ring general in every sense of the word - he was an SWF World Champion, for crying out loud. I think of him as a much more self-involved version of Jesse "the Body" Ventura... as a heel commentator, he would defend as just and right every act of cheating that the heel commits. He'd talk endlessly about how the heel was superior on the ring - why, just look at English Dragon soaring through the air, while Dan Caldwell's not even coordinated to leave his feet. That sort of thing.

Your grammar and punctuation are also awkward in places. Try rereading things out loud - especially commentary lines - and replacing or rewording them if they seek forced or strange.

I know Judge has sent you some pretty extensive notes on why he selected the other match, so I won't repeat his explanations of the actual wrestling and descriptions, but don't get discouraged. Work on the things people point out to you and write the best match you can. You're bound to climb the ladder soon.

Guest Ace309

Blazenwing, to call your match an improvement would be a gross understatement. Congratulations on proving me wrong with a hell of a showing... let's see you keep it up.

Sign in to follow this