Triology of films

Best triology series  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Best triology series

• Indiana Jones
    • Back To The Future
    • (the original) Star Wars

Guest wrestlingbs
I took a look at the script for BttF 1. No chicken.

:huh: Really? I could have sworn there was a scene where Biff calls McFly a chicken. Oh well, thanks for telling me.

I'm surprised somebody hasn't brought up the Tremors trilogy. I have seen people who believe that's the best group of movies ever made. To each their own, I guess.

Guest godthedog

i vote godfather.

even though part 3 is my most hated movie EVER, 1 and 2 pretty much cancel it out.

Guest BANKYWOOD
i vote godfather.

even though part 3 is my most hated movie EVER, 1 and 2 pretty much cancel it out.

I concur.

But I didn't hate the 3rd one that much, though the thrill wad definately gone with the only family members left are Michael and Kay.

The incest storyline truly didn't do anything for me, and the acting was fairly terrible in that regard. But I really dug the final scenes with Michael after the shooting. The realization of what he made of his life, and how the tragedy around him was of his own hands. The aspect of the film turned it around from being a total dud. But again, its nowhere close to the first or second. Especially the first one, my favorite movie of all-time.

Guest Kid Kablam
i vote godfather.

I concur.

But I didn't hate the 3rd one that much, though the thrill wad definately gone with the only family members left are Michael and Kay.

The incest storyline truly didn't do anything for me, and the acting was fairly terrible in that regard. But I really dug the final scenes with Michael after the shooting. The realization of what he made of his life, and how the tragedy around him was of his own hands. The aspect of the film turned it around from being a total dud. But again, its nowhere close to the first or second. Especially the first one, my favorite movie of all-time.

I think it's important to point out that Sophia Copela wasn't slated for the role of Michael's daughter. I can't seem to remember who had the role originally, I do know it's someone pretty famous now, but I can't remeber who, but she ditched the role at the last minute and Copela had to turn to his family again.

And I never did understand the Godfather III hate. It sure as hell isn't a great movie by itself, and yeah, the politics get a bit conveluted, but it works in terms of the final chapter in the series.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Rebecca Schaeffer of My Sister Sam was originally in talks for the role of Mary in Godfather III, but was killed by an obsessive fan. Winona Ryder was cast, but she withdrew because of her hectic schedule at that time and didn't think she was up to the role. She had five films released in '89-'90 and just wanted a break. Julia Roberts and Madonna were both interested in the role and meetings were held to rewrite the part for both of them, but an agreement was never reached on either front.

Coppola was rushed into production and release by the studio who wanted the movie in theaters by Christmas of '90. This lead to Coppola being forced to cast Sophia and a choppy editing job which was seen to have hurt the film worst than anything.

As an interesting side note, Paramount tried to make the third film for years without Coppola involement and at one point was close to signing Sylvester Stallone to direct and star in the film as Michael's son Anthony.

Guest pochorenella

Wow, TheDames really scared the shit out of my with that discharge.

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I Think you overestimate their chances!"

"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things."

"It's a trap!"

Now try and guess which trilogy I voted for.

Guest Mattdotcom
Wow, TheDames really scared the shit out of my with that discharge.

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I Think you overestimate their chances!"

"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things."

"It's a trap!"

Now try and guess which trilogy I voted for.

Dude...Die Hard isn't one of the choices...

And I refuse to vote in a poll started by someone who fucked with Ol' Unfuckwithable.

Guest BANKYWOOD
i vote godfather.

I concur.

I think it's important to point out that Sophia Copela wasn't slated for the role of Michael's daughter. I can't seem to remember who had the role originally, I do know it's someone pretty famous now, but I can't remeber who, but she ditched the role at the last minute and Copela had to turn to his family again.

And I never did understand the Godfather III hate. It sure as hell isn't a great movie by itself, and yeah, the politics get a bit conveluted, but it works in terms of the final chapter in the series.

Winnona Ryder was supposed to get the gig....I think?

Guest the holy grail

Back to the future, the films were so well made, obviously there were botch jobs that everyone could easily master, but the way the three films were combined together. Perfection

Guest Lil Naitch
i don't usually get angry but i did bloody put 'the original' before star wars

Uh oh, Angry Brit on the loose!

:P

And Godfather owns them all. :cheers: