TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BoboBrazil

Some TNA Notes From The New Observer

Guest BoboBrazil

1. This commissioner role is leading to Bill Watts coming in.

2. Shane Douglas was supposed to debut on the 5/28 show as the mouthpiece of the extreme group, but didn't because of his injury.

3. The original plan was for Raven to be attacked by Xpac at the end of the show. TNA was pissed at him because he was calling them asking to come back for weeks. He missed his first flight, so TNA booked him a later flight and he missed that one too. Jarrett realized he wasn't showing up about a hour before the show started and said this is the night we make Red a star. Jarrett was also supposed to be involved in the ending of the show setting up Raven vs Jarrett for the 5/28 show, but took himself out and cancelled those plans. Russo had written out the Jarrett vs Raven match for 5/28, as Raven now has a long term contract commitment, to have Raven go over for the belt due to the fan reaction he has been getting. Jarrett nixed the plan, because he has other ideas where the belt should be going.

4. The original plan in the 5 man from a couple of weeks ago was to get Credible over, but when Jarrett decided it was Red's night due to Xpac no showing, he decided to put Red over.

Guest Zack Malibu

FUCK! I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm dying for Douglas to finally show up. Hopefully he can make it in time to be a surprise building up to (or at) the One Year show.

Guest dvkorn

Sweet, Bill Watts! Hopefully he helps Booking too, cause he fucking rules at it.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

But I can be mad because of where Jarrett wants the title to go. Raven is the most over person in the company. The fans are SCREAMING for him to have the belt, for fuck's sake.

Guest TheGame2705

Jarrett and Watts=Booking Superpowers

I wonder if they know Red has no real skill. He can just run fast and do spots,some of which aren't even done good.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

He also bumps like hell, is incredibly over, and is willing to do anything.

So, pops a crowd? Check. Can be fun in the ring? Check. Over? Check. Good look? Check. Willing to do anything? Check.

Permanent uppercard fixture in TNA.

Bill Watt's name isn't ERIC! :o

I'm scared of where the belt should go according to Jarrett. I'm ok with it if it's Styles or Lynn, but push them first.

I'd rather see a Red push than a Credible one.

Guest RedJed
1. This commissioner role is leading to Bill Watts coming in.

2. Shane Douglas was supposed to debut on the 5/28 show as the mouthpiece of the extreme group, but didn't because of his injury.

3. The original plan was for Raven to be attacked by Xpac at the end of the show. TNA was pissed at him because he was calling them asking to come back for weeks. He missed his first flight, so TNA booked him a later flight and he missed that one too. Jarrett realized he wasn't showing up about a hour before the show started and said this is the night we make Red a star. Jarrett was also supposed to be involved in the ending of the show setting up Raven vs Jarrett for the 5/28 show, but took himself out and cancelled those plans. Russo had written out the Jarrett vs Raven match for 5/28, as Raven now has a long term contract commitment, to have Raven go over for the belt due to the fan reaction he has been getting. Jarrett nixed the plan, because he has other ideas where the belt should be going.

4. The original plan in the 5 man from a couple of weeks ago was to get Credible over, but when Jarrett decided it was Red's night due to Xpac no showing, he decided to put Red over.

1. I'm all for that, I would occasionally ask for his thoughts creatively but the guy has been out of the loops for almost 10 years in booking. His run in WWF shortly wasnt very great at all, but back in the day he was a great booking mind. But so was just about every prominent booker at one point or another, including Dusty Rhodes. I'd like him solely as a character myself.

2. I hope he gets brought in......I'd actually like to see him in a feud with Jarrett post-title loss. They were just about to start that feud in WCW but then they went under.

3. I'm guessing they will try their damndest to make Red a top star once he comes back, but it wont work against Raven since it seems like Raven is now basically a face as well. So I think it was actually a bad idea what they did there with Red and Raven looking back. Jarrett getting involved may have been better just to play into the inevitable rematch. Coming from this past weeks show (which was done after this issue was released) I'm really thinking Jarrett has or will reconsider his nixing of giving Raven the title, but time will tell. I have a feeling Jarrett wants to give the belt to Styles for some reason.

4. Again I think they should have stuck with the initial plans considering they really cant do much with Red-Raven when he returns if Raven continues this strong face run here that started on Weds.

I have a feeling the belt will go to A.J. Styles before anyone else, solely based on the fact that Styles has been in TNA since the beginning and is probably the best all-around talent on the roster.

Guest sean pyro

I wonder what the "NWA Council" feels about Shane coming back to them after the little ECW incident.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

if that was a work.. feel free to call me a jobber.

edit: my horrible spelling.

Edited by sean pyro

Guest RedJed
I wonder want the "NWA Council" feels about Shane coming back to them after the little ECW incident.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

if that was a work.. feel free to call me a jobber.

Eh TNA is hardly even really that governed by the actual NWA board, albeit very lightly if anything. I think a whole new crew of guys are on the board anyway, I know one of the main people ECW and Douglas gave the fuck you too in 94 was Dennis Coruluzzo and he's now passed away, I believe.

I think it would be very cool to use the past of Douglas throwing down the NWA belt though in being brought into the company as a backdrop for either a title shot or just a feud with Jarrett.

Guest Coffey

Amazing Red botches too many spots and I can't stand the verbal blowjobs that Don West gives him. I'd rather Justin Credible get the spot. Does that sound hypocritical? I liked his ECW work anyway.

Hopefully they will give Raven the title. Base NWA around Raven if you really want to mold it into ECW...

Guest Dynamite Kido

Are you kidding me?? Watts sucks!!! Before you know it, it will be a DQ for using the top rope and all kinds of bullshit......Oh, Douglas would be an alright addition....

Guest Raven_Effect01
Are you kidding me?? Watts sucks!!! Before you know it, it will be a DQ for using the top rope and all kinds of bullshit......

That's what I was about to say. Say goodbye to Amazing Red's, AJ Styles', Jerry Lynn's, Elix Skipper's, Paul London's, Chris Sabin's, etc. movesets.

Guest Zack Malibu

Guys, Watts is going to be the ON AIR commisioner. It doesn't mean he's going to be making booking decisions all the time.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Besides, TNA isn't THAT stupid. They know that their fanbase wants matches involving flying and stuff like that more than anything else. If Watts were to even suggest banning high-flying maneuvers, he'd be laughed at horribly.

Red botches too many spots? I can't think of a single spot that Red has botched, in and of his own fault, in the past few months.

Red = RVD, minus the stoner schtick and even passable mic skills.

Guest Vyce
Besides, TNA isn't THAT stupid. They know that their fanbase wants matches involving flying and stuff like that more than anything else. If Watts were to even suggest banning high-flying maneuvers, he'd be laughed at horribly.

"Okay, here's my suggestions to all of you: ban all of this top-rope shit. The fans don't pay to see it anyway. And also, we need to get the title off of Jarrett. Now, I know the fans seem to be cheering for this Raven character, but I think they'll love my boy Erik as champ even more."

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Tenay: "What? Are you crazy? This 'top rope shit' is what keeps most of our fans here anyways!"

Guest dvkorn

If Watts does help book. He just needs someone to help update the product and Russo & Jarrett can probably do that. And Watts usually like clean finishes which is another thing TNA are lacking.

Guest Coffey
Red = RVD, minus the stoner schtick and even passable mic skills.

Well, seeing as how I'm not a big fan of RVD's either, that statement means very little to me.