TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Murmuring Beast

Ref For Hell In The Cell

1wrestling.com is reporting that alot of talk at Raw last week was about the appearance of Mick Foley on next week's show in Miami. Nothing is confirmed at all at this point, but after the teaser from Steve Austin on Raw, it would be hard to imagine it being anyone else. Foley will also use this time to get the word out on his new book.

1wrestling.

Yep, the match got more interesting - somehow.

Guest My Eyebrow is on fire

411's becoming a joke, not even up to the top tier copy/paste standards anymore.

Waiting for meltzer, or at least keller.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

As much as I understand that Foley would like to promote his book, I wish that he would just stay away from the steaming pile of crap that is NASH/HHH HIAC.

I thought Foley would be pissed off at all the Adult stuff WWE is doing just now. Maybe he will inspire a return to old days.

I think he'd hold some weight if he returned. He knows the ins and outs.

Of course, it could all be speculation.

Guest Trivia247

foley been involve with Brick Deathmatches, Japanese deathmatches of every variety...getting his arm cut open by Leather face...getting his ear ripped off by Vader...

Um in Smark terminology of Crap why does bleeding like a stock pig to appease the Hungry Roman like Japanese Mob rate lower than HHH vs Nash in a HIAC match?

foley been involve with Brick Deathmatches, Japanese deathmatches of every variety...getting his arm cut open by Leather face...getting his ear ripped off by Vader...

Um in Smark terminology of Crap why does bleeding like a stock pig to appease the Hungry Roman like Japanese Mob rate lower than HHH vs Nash in a HIAC match?

? rephrase.

Guest Trivia247

? rephrase.

HHH vs Nash is a Shitty match especially in a HIAC almost a insult to the Foleys Takers whom made it legendary.. But come on. It isn't gonna dirty Foley's hands or soil his rep. He destroyed his body to intertain people round the world in matches that people like HHH and Nash would shit themselves in fear, and Smarks would instantly mark it a -*****. so my question would be why should Foley stay away from that match? He wasn't a technically stellar worker, he never was and never wanted to be, he is a Pure Mascochistic entertainer that everyone loves. Who put his heart into his matches and destroyed everything else in the process.

Guest Trivia247
He would stay away because he was through with the WWF when he left last year.

evidently thats not the case if they got him coming in as a ref.

maybe for promoting the book.

maybe its the allure of hearing the fans chant his name..

if its truly him coming back for this one time shot, then this deal was done before the Austin hint.

Guest Downhome

Did Foley say that he quit, all of his characters quit, or what?

Watch them let Mankid or Cactus Jack (BANG BANG!) come out instead of "Mick Foley", heh.

Fuck, I'd RATHER Mankind (the original version) or Cactus to return instead of the SHILL of his former self, Mick Foley.

I would have thought that he would have retired his characters to be taken more seriously.

A non-wrestling book - is it? - will not be taken seriously if advertised by a persona of the author.

Guest Trivia247

Point is, if its Mick Foley its Mick Foley you shouldn't get so personally wounded when you see him.

People change their minds...aren't they allowed to change their mind?

hell retired wrestlers still hang around the industry 9 times out of 10.....

few broken totally free without some career ending injury

Ventura was unable to wrestle and yet stuck with the WWF from the early 80's to 1990, and then went to WCW before cutting the wrestlin biz cold turkey to pursue his Political career and STILL manage to come back for One time only events for the WWF when they went to Minnasota....

then theres Gorilla Monsoon he wrestled for the WWWF back in the 60's 70's and still manage to work for them nonwrestling compacity for what... full 20 plus years after...probably still was a off air Wrestling official when he died in 98.

point is wrestlers who proclaim they quit often times come back, only reason foley made a big deal about it was because he didn't want to be seen like a Flair or a Piper or a Hogan who leaves and come back multiple times... but you know what?? ITS their Business if they come back or not. Foley comes back he'll get a Loud Foley chant, people will pop and be glad he is back, and forget that he said he wouldn't

are you gonna cry if he comes back? Would you Curse him for coming back?

Guest Downhome

I think anyone who is fucking pissed for him, or ANYONE ELSE coming back simply because they said they wouldn't in the past, should go to hell.

It's their decision, it's their life, and it's what THEY love to do.

But I think that's what Foley found difficult.

He found it hard to "love" the business like he once did. And who can blame him? Main Event Jobber To The Stars(!)

Guest cynicalprofit
Yep, the match got more interesting - somehow.

No, no it didnt, and dont be confused by any wwe propaganda saying otherwise. The match is gonna suck the meat missle, and if we're really lucky and we were all good boys and girls this year, Kevin Nash and HHH will suffer career ending injuries.

Guest Dangerous A

Foley is being brought in so the Nash-HHH HIAC isn't wrestled in complete silence.

Guest AndrewTS
I think anyone who is fucking pissed for him, or ANYONE ELSE coming back simply because they said they wouldn't in the past, should go to hell.

It's their decision, it's their life, and it's what THEY love to do.

So hypocrisy is okay, says Downhome.

Maybe it'll be Mideonkind.

Hit the nail, Dangerous. First 5 mins would be hot and then maybe a "boring" chant later , toe-curling explainations from commentators, egh. Seen it too many times recently.