TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

One and Only 6/4/03 TNA Thread

Guest Mole
Heh, I'd like to see AJ/D'lo 2, with 30 minutes to work with at the anniversary show, but I'm probably asking too much.

Yeah you are with Russo booking.

Guest RedJed
Heh, I'd like to see AJ/D'lo 2, with 30 minutes to work with at the anniversary show, but I'm probably asking too much.

I hope it happens too........have that and Raven-Jarrett as the two main events, along with XXX v. AMW, whatever else.

Wow, Jarrett is going to overcome Glen and S.E.X to win this.

Thank god for that. Sometimes I'm actually in support of Triple J's superman booking.

Guest The Notorious CRD

It would be very appropriate for the first anniversary show to resolve some of the long-standing issues.

Guest RedJed

Gilberti is showing me here that he's not main event material at all. I can tell he's trying his hardest but he's not fluent in his offense.

Guest The Notorious CRD

This match is going to turn into a huge clusterfuck any minute now.

Guest Mole
Wow, Jarrett is going to overcome Glen and S.E.X to win this.

Thank god for that. Sometimes I'm actually in support of Triple J's superman booking.

Really? From what I have read, since I read the results everyweek, I think it's bullshit.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid
Is this Benoit vs Angle?

HAHAHAHA

Wait, were you serious?

Haha no, it was just the ankle lock sequence. This is a pretty damn good match though, despite the non-DQ and.. well.. now the ref bump.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Ref bump and both guys are down. Cue Vince Russo!

Guest Mole
I mean, against Gilbertti. Against Raven and anyone else it would piss me off.

Well, it did happen against Raven.

That's true, I don't want Disco, err, Glen to win the title either. But I just want to see Jarrett loose the title.

Oh god, here comes Russo...

Guest The Notorious CRD

Jarrett retains with Russo's help. Probably for the best 'cause Gilberti's just not main event material.

Guest Mole

Was I watching WWE? I could of sworn with all that outside interference on todays show.

I am defiently not sold on TNA. I am disappointed with it, maybe it was a bad week, but I am not buying next weeks show.

Guest RedJed

I had a feeling we were going to see that finish. Russo and Jarrett are going to be their own little group soon here, I think.

Match picked up there near the end but most of it was just kind of there. But that and D-lo v. AJ were above average to me for sure. As for the rest of the matches, they were pretty stale. The Kash-Watts angle was well done though. Looking forward to next week for sure.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Decent show. Could have been better though. Styles/Brown and Jarrett/Gilberti kept it from being really bad.

You're not buying next week's, hunh? The Three-Way Dance has me sold on it. I can understand why you wouldn't want to, though, the show sounded pretty weak.

Guest Raven_Effect01

I'm really glad Gilbertti didn't win the title, though as TNA has proved time and time again, they are REALLY inconsistent with their shows.

Guest RedJed

They've started airing the replay for free here, is anyone else having this same thing happen to them? Nice surprise.

Guest RedJed
I'm really glad Gilbertti didn't win the title, though as TNA has proved time and time again, they are REALLY inconsistent with their shows.

I'm not gonna lie, the shows since Raven-Jarrett have not been very good at all as a whole. It continued tonight with the exception of the last two matches.

Guest Will Scarlet

Well, I watched TNA for the first time today. I guess I picked the wrong show, as this was miserably boring up until Styles/D-Lo.

Before that, only the Raven promos really stuck out as interesting to me. From what little I saw of them XXX and Chris Sabin seemed interesting, and considering they are both champions, I am assuming they are. They seemed to have the look and presence that may me want to hear what these guys had to say or to see them wrestle. Too bad they did not do much of anything.

What happened to the Truth? He was a guy I had heard a lot about when I heard about TNA and someone I looked forward to watching, then he jobs to some chick and a generic guy with a spine buster. *shrug* He showed flashes of looking interesting in the ring, and I really wish I could have seen him cut a promo or something. It certainly could not have been any worse than the bland one Ron Harris cut.

Also, I was confused by who were the heels and who were the faces. I guess they were going for the whole "grey area" thing, but, as a first time fan, it was confusing. Case in point, Erik Watts. First, he's trying to pick up the interviewer girl, and seemed heelish, then he saved her from Kid Kash, which seemed like a face move, then he gets showed again bothering her looking like a heel. I was like, "Huh?" Plus, his save in that interview went a bit too long and seemed like filler. It would seemed better if he had come out there, hit his move, let the women do their thing, and gave that time to a match or something interesting.

Oh yeah, and the Hard 10 seems like a good idea in theory, but, damn' it's boring in practice. Hardcore wrestling is in the past, why waste time dragging it out? Why do they have this and another tournament going on? I like tournaments, but having more than one is silly, especially since I did not really hear what the winners of these tournaments get for winning.

All in all, I was not impressed. I was glad to see Raven again in a major role, and I liked his promos. I enjoyed SEX for the most part, but nothing else really stood out. Styles/Brown looked like it could have been good with more time. The Kid Kash promo went on way too long, and seemed to only set up Kash/Watts, which doesn't exactly make me want to watch next week. I heard about this vaulted X division, but I barely see the champion. Anyway, I don't think I will be paying $10 for this for awhile. It seemed severely lacking.

Guest Mole

I second everything you said Will. I might order the anniversary show, but who knows.

The Raven interview was good, D'Lo/Styles could of gone longer, and Glen/Jarrett was better than I thought.

Other than that, I didn't see anything good. WWE seemed better to me.

Guest RedJed

I still cant say the WWE is better than TNA, even with a weird month of shows they've had this month (speaking of TNA). I think that more has to say about the state of affairs of WWE than TNA though. This past month in general (May) has not been very kind to us fans at all, to be honest. None of the shows I saw from either promotion really caught me as a top notch two hours of programming really.

I'm glad they stuck with keeping AMW as a team tonight, even though the payoff fell flat with the audience due to the shotty storytelling of their problems. But it adds purpose to that whole tournament which they will have to win. If Young and Tracy win next week, I'll flip the fuck out and not in a good way.

Still not sure what good can be made from the Hard 10 though, I'm almost scared its a vehicle to elevate Mike Sanders, but I hope I'm wrong.

I think the 1st Anniversary show should be hot though, as might be next weeks, depending on the lineup underneath the main event. I'm pretty much not knowing what to expect with the world title picture at all leading into that show, but I think the undercard title matches for 6/18 assuredly have to be London-Sabin and XXX-AMW which both look like real strong matches on paper. Also Red will likely return on that show, and I could see them announce the commisioner there too.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He tore his shoulder up or something. Out for a couple months.

To me...since we'll compare based on prices...

The question isn't whether one week of TNA is better than a WWE ppv...since that's a 3.5/1 comparison.

The question is whether or not a month of TNA + 5 dollars is better than a WWE ppv.