TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crowe

Promo - We Used To Be Friends

Guest Crowe

My promo-ing is a little bit rusty, but I think this isn’t a bad churn out. Please read and reply with comment(s).

---

It’s raining and blowing, the heavy pour splatters against the ground and against the roof of Markus’ apartment building. Beginning from the within the cold outside, we slowly enter into the darkened apartment. It’s dark as per usual and the only source of light is the gothic candelabra hanging from the ceiling in the living area. A peaceful setting it is, many pieces of furniture have been repaired from the previous apartment ‘mugging’ and the whole place is looking normal once again. We proceed into the bedroom, where lying sprawled on the bed, asleep, is the Antichrist Superstar, Crow. The television is muted and still on, but the storm outside has only resulted in a consistent flashing of static on screen. Aside from the hum emitting from the television and the thunder crashing outside, all is silent. That is until...

*Ring ring! Ring ring! Ring ring!*

The sudden ringing tone discharged by the telephone causes Markus to stir in his bed. Waking up and turning his head towards the phone, he groans loudly and throws his arm on to the table in attempt to grab the phone. After a moment of fumbling his hand around he picks it up and brings it to his ear...

“... hel... *cough* hello?”

“Mark...”

“Yeah...”

“It’s Dante.”

“Yeah right... who is it?”

“Mark, it’s Dante Crane.”

“Yeah bullshit, now who is it?”

“Mark, it’s me, you dopey bastard!”

“Wait.. Dante.... Dante! It really is you! Ooh dude, long time no hear! Man, it...”

“Mark.. Mark, shut the fuck up. This is not a social call, at least, I do not intend it to be.”

“Oh? What’s going on then, mate?”

“There have been some problems down here... chiefly concerning myself and my wife.”

“Shit. What’s happened?”

“We’ve had a divorce”

“... Really? Why?”

“I recently discovered she was sleeping around... and sleeping around a lot. It came to my attention that she’s sucked so much dick in the past two years that it puts your mother to shame.”

“Serious? I’m sorry to hear that, dude.“

“But that’s not the worst part. She’s taken the house, a chunk of my cash and my fuckin’ dogs. She and her lawyers were ruthless in the legal battle.

“... jesus. That’s rough.”

"I know, and this brings to me to the purpose of my phone call. I need to ask you a question...”

“Shoot, bro.”

“I need a place to stay, and well, I have no other place to go, so I’m looking towards you, Mark.”

“Ahh... I see. Well, if you in desperate need, I’m quite happy to put you up. But you’re still in Australia though, aren’t you? How you gonna get over here if your wife busted all your cash?”

“Shelly managed to get a chunk of my funds, but not all of them. I still have enough to get over there and support myself... for now.”

“Oh, well it’s fine with me if you want to stay here then. Though I should warn you, I am away from home a lot as I’m travelling around for the SJL and wrestling regularly. Trying to keep my mind off things...”

“SJL? Wrestling? I thought you dropped out of the business after... well you know...”

“After Adam died? I did... but every now and then, I got a phone call from Magnifico and he eventually swayed me into returning to the business, and so, I joined the Junior Leagues of the SWF.”

“ELM? Haven’t seen him in a long time, not since the days of ICW... but anyway, I wouldn’t think you’d get back into the business after what happened. You were crushed.”

“Yeah, well... I needed something to take my mind off things...”

“I thought you would have just shot up to do that...”

“... hey. What’s that got to do with anything!? I gave that shit up a long time ago!”

“And a long time ago, we used to be friends. But your drug problem is what led me to scorn our friendship... I can tell... you’re still shooting up, I can hear the exact same tremor in your voice.”

“What!? Fuck you! When you see your best friend, your life long best friend with needles plunged into his heart and his blood gushing everywhere, YOU FUCKING TELL ME if you can shoot up again!”

“...sigh... Markus... I haven’t trusted you for a long time, in fact, I am now only calling you because you’re my last resort, so I need you to promise me. You are not shooting up, correct?”

“I am NOT shooting up, the fact you even insinuated it... hurts.”

“But you know I don’t care, considering all the hurt you caused me back then.”

“...”

“You know what you did to me.”

“... Dante... I..... I can’t apologise for doing what I did back then.... but know I’m a changed man now. I’m.... doing really well and making a name for myself once again. Please don’t ruin this for me by shoving the past in my face.”

“Right, Mark. I just hope you’re telling the truth... and I hope that we can co-exist once again, as good friends.”

“I hope so too... maybe I’ll even take you to a couple of SJL shows. Show you how things work ‘round here.”

“Hm, sure. I would like that. Well... I have to book this flight to Anchorage, so I’ll call you back and tell you what time to pick me up and all.”

“Not a problem... hey, one question before you go Dante. How did you get my number... and how do you know where I live?”

“I went and saw your mother.”

“... you bastard.”

“Heh. Later, Markus.”

“Take it easy, Dante.”

Crow hangs up the phone. His back is a bit sore, as it is of course, still healing from his match with Va’aiga, and thus, Markus lies back on his bed in a careful manner. Thoughts are shifting through his mind, but he quickly ceases all the mess and smirks to himself. The SJL World Champion is content with the fact he’s going to see Dante again. He hasn’t seen him for more than a year, and whilst old wounds are hard to heal, he’s willing to take the time to close them. Opening his side table, Crow reaches into it and pulls out his deck of cigarettes, pack of pre-rolled reefers and of course, trusty gold plated zippo lighter. He pulls out a joint and sticks it in between his lips, and with a stylish flick back and forth of the zippo, he lights it. After putting the lighter on his side table, Markus picks up the stereo remote next to it and lies back down on his bed. He takes a large puff of his reefer as he presses play on the remote... a smile spreads on his face as a familiar and all too coincidental song begins to play...

“A long time ago... we used to be friends, but I... haven't thought of you lately at all...

If ever again... a greeting I send to you... short and sweet to the soul is all I intend.

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

Come on now, honey! Bring it on, bring it on, yeah!

Just remember me when you're good to go!

Come on now, sugar! Bring it on, bring it on, yeah!

Just remember me when...

It's something I said, or someone I know. Or you called me up, maybe I wasn't home.

Now everybody needs some time, and everybody knows... the rest of it's fine, and everybody knows that...

Come on now, sugar! Bring it on, bring it on, yeah!

Just remember me when you're good to go!

Come on now, honey! Bring it on, bring it on, yeah!

Just remember me when...

We used to be friends!

A long time ago! We used to be friends!

A long time ago! We used to be friends, heeeyyy!

Heeeeeyy!!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A long time ago... we used to be friends but I... haven't thought of you lately at all...

If ever again, a greeting I send to you, short and sweet to the soul is all I intend.

We used to be friends!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!

A, ah-ahh-ahh-ahh!”

---

(Song Credit: The Dandy Warhols – We Used To Be Friends)

Edited by Crowe

Guest Crowe

Note - Not a special promo or heavily plot pushing promo. Just a simple one which will serve a purpose, but not just yet...

Guest TheAntipop

Rusty, my ass. You just plain suck. If I was you I'd just kill myself and get it over with. :)

Sign in to follow this