Rear Window

Psycho

Vertigo

North by Northwest

The Man Who Knew Too Much

The Third Man

Chinatown

Once again...

There are many people who will not watch old movies and will likely say black and white movies suck.

Guest Downhome
Casablanca

Many people will not watch old movies or black and white movies.

Anyone who uses THAT as an excuse for not liking a film should be disqualified. To me, their opinion doesn't even matter. For fuck sakes, you should have at least WATCHED a film to be able to have a say in this.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Well, I must say that I can at least tolerate most of the movies on this list, but I don't like Max Power, who hates half the greatest movies ever made and haven't seen the other half. That's not a flame, it just strikes me as really odd that you exist.

And again, trying to find a movie that even 9/10 people like is a thankless chore, but you guys are doing ok so far.

Guest El Satanico
Casablanca

Anyone who uses THAT as an excuse for not liking a film should be disqualified. To me, their opinion doesn't even matter. For fuck sakes, you should have at least WATCHED a film to be able to have a say in this.

This thread is about movies that are liked by EVERYONE so the ignorant and close minded people must be included.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I LOVE Big Trouble in Little China. Part of my holey '80's trinity along with Buckaroo Banzai and Remo Williams.

And Downhome knows that I jive with everything he's listed. We are among the few and the proud who know truly what's up.

Guest Mole
Monsters Inc

"Cartoons are for kids"

Many people will simply refuse to watch cartoons because of the belief that all cartoons are meant strictly for kids.

So all cartoons are out of contention.

Your loosing the point. If a person actually saw this movie, they would like it. I'm not talking about people wanting to see movies, but movies that everyone liked.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Here are a few off the top of my head, all of which I love, but I want to try them out here...

Casablanca

Thought it was really quite boring when I was young. Now in highschool, just about all of my friends STILL think it's really quite boring.

Meet the Parents

Haven't met anyone who doesn't like this... I just can't watch it anymore since I saw it so many fucking times when it first came out, but eh, I liked it at first.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

This is almost a cult classic. The people I know who like it just LOVE it, and the people who don't like it are completely disenchanted. Either way, some don't like it, so yeah.

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Second one was better upon first viewing, but the first is much more timeless since the sequel gets a little old after a bit. Anyhow, the "BUT IT'S A CARTOON!" rule applies here. Some of my friends just refuse to like it.

Pulp Fiction

My favorite movie of all time. Pretty much everyone that I've shown it to has loved it as well, but I do actually have a stupid friend or two who somehow got CONFUSED during the fucking movie. I guess it was the chronilogical thing, maybe. Oh, and some don't like the violence/cursing, too.

Se7en

"Just too dark" for my Dad.

Adaptation

Somehow, SOME-fucking-HOW, a bunch of people didn't like this. I think it's because they don't get that the ending being bad is the POINT, but eh.

There we go...

Oh, and one more film to add to the list: The Graduate, perhaps?

Guest Anglesault

Godfather. Best movie ever made. People who say they don't like it say so to be different

Guest El Satanico
And Downhome knows that I jive with everything he's listed. We are among the few and the proud who know truly what's up.

Hey man I like good shit too! Don't i get no love?

Fuck you...fuck....don't you fucking look at me!... :lol:

Guest Downhome
Casablanca

This thread is about movies that are liked by EVERYONE so the ignorant and close minded people must be included.

If someone hasn't even seen a movie, then how can their opinion count in the first place? This should be movies that you HAVE seen and are able to comment on. If we do it using excuses like they don't even WATCH a movie because it's a cartoon or in b/w then we can stop this discussion right now. Hell, there are people that don't watch either comedy, drama, action, or other entire genres.

We need to do this in terms of movies that we HAVE seen, and only talk about US, because we obviously can't talk to EVERYONE. If you haven't seen a movie, then don't comment on it.

Guest El Satanico
Monsters Inc

"Cartoons are for kids"

Many people will simply refuse to watch cartoons because of the belief that all cartoons are meant strictly for kids.

Your loosing the point. If a person actually saw this movie, they would like it. I'm not talking about people wanting to see movies, but movies that everyone liked.

You missed my point. Those who would refuse to see a cartoon because they believe that cartoons should only be seen by kids, wouldn't like it if they did see it.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Rear Window

Psycho

Vertigo

North by Northwest

The Man Who Knew Too Much

The Third Man

Chinatown

"Dude, it's not scary. Hook up the VCR and let's watch The Ring again," is the reaction I get to a lot of old scary movies. Also, black-and-white does actually turn people off. Even if they give the movie a chance, it just seems more boring to them for some odd reason.

Guest MaxPower27
Well, I must say that I can at least tolerate most of the movies on this list, but I don't like Max Power, who hates half the greatest movies ever made and haven't seen the other half. That's not a flame, it just strikes me as really odd that you exist.

I don't hate them, I appreciate what they've done for cinema, I personally just don't like them.

Like The Godfather. I know that it is a cinematic classic, but I can't sit there and watch the movie. It's not my style of movie, I don't identify with characters, I just don't like it.

Sorry.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Well, El Santanico, you hadn't mentioned any movies that really needed rallying to like Downhome did, but yes I vouch for El Satanico knowing his shit and being part of the club of good taste.

Guest Downhome
Monsters Inc

"Cartoons are for kids"

You missed my point. Those who would refuse to see a cartoon because they believe that cartoons should only be seen by kids, wouldn't like it if they did see it.

We are brothers-in-film.

I would include Lethargic, but I refuse to accept him after he claimed up and DOWN that actors mean almost nothing to the filmmaking process. That wacky numnut, heh.

Guest El Satanico
Well, El Santanico, you hadn't mentioned any movies that really needed rallying to like Downhome did, but yes I vouch for El Satanico knowing his shit and being part of the club of good taste.

I know...I was just yanking your chain...no big deal. Besides everyone mentioned what i would've.

Guest Downhome

Here is one, but keep this in mind. Don't say anything unless you have seen it, and are able to enjoy these kind of movies overall. If you don't like THIS one, that's fine, but don't give a general reason for hating it, like you hate ALL films like this...

Nosferatu

...oh yes.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I don't hate them, I appreciate what they've done for cinema, I personally just don't like them.

Like The Godfather. I know that it is a cinematic classic, but I can't sit there and watch the movie. It's not my style of movie, I don't identify with characters, I just don't like it.

Sorry.

I respect and commend the fact that you realize how important such films are even though you might not like them. To get into your personal tastes and what you do like in a movie might be interesting to me, but let's not get into it and bore everyone else.

It might be an annoying trait in me, but I often take it upon myself to 'educate' people on older elements of pop culture that they don't even know exists. At least Max Power knows that there is different stuff out there than what's being spewed out by Hollywood and such now. Some people are far more ignorant.

Guest WrestlingDeacon
Here is one, but keep this in mind. Don't say anything unless you have seen it, and are able to enjoy these kind of movies overall. If you don't like THIS one, that's fine, but don't give a general reason for hating it, like you hate ALL films like this...

Nosferatu

...oh yes.

Do you mean the silent film or the '79 remake? I've seen both, much prefer the history and atmosphere of the silent.

Guest El Satanico

Nosferatu

...oh yes.

Nosferatu is a great movie and is one of the best Vampire movies ever.

However, I'm sure you wouldn't have to search far for someone who doesn't like it.

Guest Downhome

Nosferatu

...oh yes.

Do you mean the silent film or the '79 remake? I've seen both, much prefer the history and atmosphere of the silent.

I mean the silent version, but I love both of them.

Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens is the complete title of the silent film, isn't it?

Guest El Satanico

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Evil Dead 2

Halloween

Leprechaun 4: In Space

Young Frankenstein

Guest The Amazing Rando

It's A Wonderful Life

Harvey

Miracle On 34th Street

JFK

Forrest Gump