TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

does jarrett have a deathwish?

it seems, him and russo have some kind of clash every other week. does jarrett WANT to fail? i understand they are best friends, but even his own dad quit helping with the shows just so russo could fail on his own. shouldn't jarrett just say "vince, do it my way or no way"? or just fire him? its obvious that niether have either no idea where to go next and are just trying to one up each other or piss each other off OR just have to bitch to each other until the company has to fall face first. sorry if that made no sense, but neither does this jarrett/russo conflict.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm not certain I'm not on Russo's side here.

Sure his segments are retarded and his storylines make no sense...

wait...

what was I saying?

Oh yeah. Russo wants to take the title off of Jarrett and put it on Raven.

So I think I'm on his side for now.

Guest RedJed

I dont like the current situation AT ALL. I think the idea the Jarretts have is that Russo will book himself to fail, essentially. So they gave him the head writer job, and I think they aren't making many changes to it just for failures sake. The idea must be that sooner or later Panda will pull him from the writing position or something. So has he failed so far? If you ask me, yes for the most part......the past month of shows have moreless sucked (as did the one before the Raven-Jarrett week too) and if they keep up like this, he will lose any sort of stroke within the company and FAST. At least in theory he will......its all dependant on how critical the Panda folks are in regards to creative I think more than anything. I'm sure theres a ton of things to consider that none of us even know about with all of this.

The thing is this though, I dont like how this is happening. Russo in the right situation can be an asset. If him and the Jarretts could just work together and put out those shows that they did back in March and April, I'd be happy. I suppose it could still happen if Russo loses stroke and just allows himself to be a part of a "team" but this might backfire and Russo may just outright leave or be fired. I'm not sure if thats a good idea, but I think thats the intention the Jarretts are trying to do here with him. In the meantime we have to sit through the Russo booking, which isn't smart business by the Jarretts to take care of this problem. Not very businesslike at all really.

Like it was said intially by Syxx, I also dont "get it" really. All of this has made the shows suffer even in the least just because its obvious how close to airtime things are booked, changed, manuevered, etc. One plus of this company for the longest time was the clear fact that things were booked ahead of time and there seemed to be solid directions formed for months on end. Its really nothing like that anymore.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Russo is hit or miss, imo. with him you either have things like the Kash segment last week, or Hugh G Rection. i just don't want him to be the end all be all creative guy. Jarrett is just an asshole. Raven or Styles better fucking win or at least look like a threat this week. I just he shows up one time in that Aztec gear. i thought that looked cool in a stupid way

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jarrett won't survive the next two weeks as champion.

If he doesn't lose it this week (and of course he could do so without having to take the fall) it will only be to set up whatever is going to main event the one year show.

I can't envision a scenerio where Jarrett is champion 10 days from now.

i can. dlo is going to interfere in the main event this wednesday, setting up a 4 way for the anniversary show. a 4 way feud for the belt was the original plan anyways.

and i agree, russo is hit and miss, which is why i take up for him alot. sometimes he can write a good show and sometimes he cant. i mainly put up with him and take up for him because he doesn't get the good credit, ONLY the bad.

Guest eirejmcmahon

JJ should lose the belt to Raven at the anniversary show in a one on one match.

NWATNA play a lot off the fact that they 'listen to the fans' and I think that this is one of the cases wherein they have to prove that - JJ losing the belt in a 3 or 4 way match, where he doesn't get pinned, sends out all the wrong signals (to me, anyway).

I think there's one thing we can all agree on - there's no way that buyrates can be doing anything but falling week on week since Raven/Jarrett 1.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Actually, i think JJ losing in the 3 way could be good. Styles pins Raven, or vice versa, thus continuing the Triple J storyline of abusing power. Of course, how they continue that while he's not champion is put there.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
Oh yeah. Russo wants to take the title off of Jarrett and put it on Raven.

So that he could hotshot it to Hermie Sadler or himself the following week.

Guest Dynamite Kido

NWA hangs in the balance of what happens there in the next month or so. I think you might see a lot of fans give up on the product if Jarrett doesn't lose the title soon.

i wont. some people need to open their eyes wider and see there is more to the promotion than who is your heavyweight champion. i could care less. as long as red and the other s divisioners are kicking ass, im fine and dandy.

Guest hebtheeagle

Do you think Russo will let D'Lo have the title. Since he's got a match with Jarrett soon?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Russo can't hotshot the title to himself or Hermie Sadler without the approval of the NWA.

So you can stop worrying about that.

Guest Coffey
russo is hit and miss, which is why i take up for him alot. sometimes he can write a good show and sometimes he cant. i mainly put up with him and take up for him because he doesn't get the good credit, ONLY the bad.

Change Russo to any active wrestler and you pretty much summed up the entire forum.

Welcome to the Smarkboards!

Guest cynicalprofit

I should be booking NWA. Russo had 1 good idea, after that, hes sucked. Jarrett is to old school southern style, while theres nothing wrong with that style, its 2003. So use it sometimes, but dont relay soley on it.

Guest hebtheeagle

I thought D'Lo was getting a shot based on his win over AJ? Wait a minute, did D'Lo win that match. I forgot already!

Guest The Notorious CRD
I thought D'Lo was getting a shot based on his win over AJ? Wait a minute, did D'Lo win that match. I forgot already!

AJ won that match and as a result will be in this week's 3-way dance for the World title.

i still say dlo interferes. they might even put the main event at the beginning of the card (world title match at the beginning of the card) and let dlo interfere so they have 2 hours to build up to the next week.