TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GameCop

What's the worst movie of the year...so far?

Guest GameCop

Or as some people on the AICN talkback call it, The Shitrix: Retarded.

Seriously, the first 1 hour and 45 minutes of Reloaded is a cure for insomnia. You've got banal dialogue, obtuse characters, meaningless fight scenes that are extremely repetitious ( block, punch, block, punch, block and punch for 15 minutes or more), and a notoriosly horrible scene in the caverns of Zion.

Keanu Reeves does a horrible job and only cements himself as the most undeserving and untalented actor to ever hit it big.

Carrie-Anne Moss doesn't emote; she's also stolid in every scene and is only there so fanboys don't think Neo is gay.

Fishburne is okay, but anyone can play a bombastic, self-important man who incessantly pontificates nonsensical drivel.

Do you know who steals the show? Lambert Wilson, the French guy. That's pretty f'n sad, especially when you take into account that he isn't even an integral characer in the trilogy. Wilson reeked charisma; he was brilliantly witty and made everyone else look like an amateur.

The Matrix Reloaded is the worst movie of the year...so far. Will Ferrel's impersonation of the Architect -- at the MTV Movie Awards-- showed how overly pedantic the whole film was.

Guest El Satanico

Even if Matrix wasn't that good(I haven't seen it) there were much worse movies this year.

Everything I've read about 2f2f makes it sound much worse

Guest GameCop

If you like cars, 2f2f is a huge adrenaline rush. That's more than I can say about Snoozefest: Reloaded

Guest Ravenbomb

whoa whoa whoa, lets not forget The Real Cancun. Matrix Reloaded is by far not the worst

Guest GameCop

Real Cancun can't be considered a movie. Since there are REAL people and no script, it can only be deemed a documentary.

Guest GameCop

Well, like Bowling for Columbine, Real Cancun would never be nominated under the Best Picture category. It would be nominated under Best Documentary.

Guest Ravenbomb

so using that logic, Spirited Away is not a movie, it's an Animated Feature

Guest Ravenbomb

and technically, Matrix Reloaded is a Live Action Feature. You could say that since they used CGI, it's a mixture of Live Action and Computer Animation. Not that that necissarily has anything to do with this, but if we're only talking straight live action stuff, and since we're nitpicking we could discount Matrix alltogether

Guest GameCop

No, the computer CGI in the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded is intended to emulate a real world in which real people dwell in. The animation in Spirited Away isn't a replica or facscimile of a real-life environment; it's meant to look cartoonish.

Guest Nanks

Very good Gamecop, not liking a popular movie sure does make you look cool.....

Guest El Satanico

Animation like in Spirited Away is a cartoon "replica" of the real world. Other than looking slightly more realistic CGI is no better than realistic style animation.

Guest Mikey2Dope

Matrix: Reloaded was great(minus the horrible HORRIBLE scenes in Zion). How you can say that Reloaded is the worst movie of the year in a year that has seen Daredevil,Kangaroo Jack and Cradle 2 The Grave released is beyond me.

Guest Ravenbomb

didn't Kangaroo Jack come out last year?

DD was great

didn't see Cradle 2 Da Grave

Guest TheMadmanGreg

I have two words that will end this arguement completely: Lizzie McGuire.

Guest Mikey2Dope
didn't Kangaroo Jack come out last year?

Nope. IMDB has the premiere dated as January 11 and the actual release date dated as January 17.

Guest Ravenbomb

oh. Hmm...

anywho, the debate wasn't between Matrix and Real Cancun, just saying there were tons of movies that were worse

okay, GameCop, say documentaries don't count. What about Boat Trip, Dreamcatcher and The Life of David Gale?

Guest DR PHIL

Matrix reloaded sucked giant floppy donkey cock, there was absolutely NO redeeming quality in that steaming pile of shit that's been misconstrued as an actual film.

Does that express my hatred enough or should expound?

Guest Ravenbomb

if it was MISCONSTRUED as an actual film, meaning it's not an actual film, then it's not in the running for worst movie of the year, is it?

Guest Jobber of the Week

I watched Matrix Reloaded and hated the original Matrix, but Reloaded was okay.

My award goes to The Core.

Guest Marshall
Or as some people on the AICN talkback call it, The Shitrix: Retarded.

That was the first thing I read and BANG you just lost all credability! Every person in the AICN talkback IS RETARDED! Therefore, any person who quote them because they think it's witty is also retarded.

MR wasn't great, no, but I've seen worse and I've seen worse this year. The Core, Daddy Day Care, Bulletproof Monk, DREAMCATCHER, The Hunted, Daredevil, Old School, Anger Management, Tears Of The Sun, A Man Apart, Basic, Biker Boyz, to name a few from memory. All of those movie are far worse than Reloaded.

I think I am the only person in the world that didn't absolutely loathe Dreamcatcher. Granted, I didn't really care one way or another about it going in, haven't read Stephen King or seen many of his movies, but I thought it was alright. Or maybe it's just me being humored by retards obsessed with Scooby Doo who scream their own name and become the large alien that they are.

Guest Flyboy

I liked Dreamcatcher. It entertained me. Unlike Matrix: Reloaded (not saying that MR was the worse movie, but still)..

Guest The1977Canadiens

Bulletproof Monk for me

I hope CYF goes back to HK soon...his career is hitting the shitter here in North America :(

Daredevil.

DAREDEVIL.

DAREDEVIL!

Guest DrTom
Bulletproof Monk takes the turd trophy for me, too. Though The Life of David Gale is right up there with it.