TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest William E

Could MMA put the WWE out of business?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

When "MMA direction" is said, I don't think Taker means full-out shoots. I think he means a style more along the lines UWI-i, but WWE-ized.

Guest Lei Tong

Dana White is finding out the hard way that not being able to control the outcomes of a fight is risky.

With Tito Ortiz all but gone, it seemed Chuck Liddell was the new "go to" guy. He did the publicity rounds (including on the BDSSP, the biggest show UFC can usually get it's guys on), got the hype going for him ("The man Tito Ortiz refuses to fight!"), shilling from all the right people... hell, he even got a brand new (and, IMO, laughingly corny) entrance.

And what happens? He gets dominated for nearly 3 full rounds by unassuming badass Randy Couture (who, ironically, could easily be one of the the most marketable guys in MMA) before being left bloodied on the mat, with Dana White having the "I'm SOOO screwed" look on his face.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's what you get for hiring Tank :)

I hope they sign Herring soon, he looked (physically) great tonight (Sunday) against Cro Cop.

UFC really has to get the champion situation fixed; too many guys leaving with the belts. You have to keep those belts STRONG.

Guest Lei Tong

I don't think UFC needs anohter HW more about flash than substance (i'm sorry, but until he proves otherwise...)

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh come on, he's the only guy in Pride who has went the distance with Nog other than the champ. He can stand and work submissions and grapple. Not to mention he's only 24/25. He has a very marketable look, is well spoken, and actually has a credible record.

Guest Lei Tong

This may be deleated for being the wrong forum. If so, I apologize.

Heath is the not the top 5 guy he's been made out to be. I will give him all the credit in the world for beating Tom Erikson, but aside from that, nothing he's done has been all that impressive. He beat a much smaller Enson Inoue (who made him look foolish standing up... a sign of things to come), defeated a retiring Mark Kerr, and did the same to a sliding Igor Vovchanchyn.

As for his skills: he has some of the weakest wrestling for a pure wrestler in his division (Igor, Mino & Vitor all took him down quite a few times;); his training with Golden Glory has made him think he actually has good striking (aside from his roundhouse kicks, which he dosn't know how to set up, his boxing is downright horrid); his submissions are okay, but nothing special; etc.

Personally, I see him as a fringe Top-Ten HW.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

And fringe Top-Ten HW is like #1 or 2 guy in the UFC.

Which is why he'd be perfect for em.

(Going the distance with Nog isn't impressive? Igor caught the kicks for the takedown)