TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

New Wrestler-themed WWE DVD announced at Amazon

Apparently, the WWE plan to follow up the awesome classic match based Rey and Michaels DVDs with a Brock Lesnar one. May I be the first to say, what the fuck? The WWE has a dream collection of matches and footage, and when it looks like they've taken a step in the right direction with the From the Vault series w/Michaels, they pull this shit.

"Watch an "oldie, but goodie" as Brock Lesnar takes on the Undertaker at Unforgiven 2002"!

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

Could include NCAA stuff, OVW footage.....there's a lot they could do with this, although I agree it's a bit too soon to make one for The Next Big Thing.

Guest bravesfan

Amazon lists WWE DVD's six months into the future, (despite most of the stuff not even in the planning stages) as they already have a page set-up for No Mercy 2003, Fully Loaded 2003 (?), Survivor Series 2003, and the imaginary History of the WWE Championship DVD.

Everything under that search is merely tentative, subject to change, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Guest Polish_Rifle

They'll have his segment from confidential about his childhood and his early matches against the Hardyz with the Goldberg chants edited out.

Guest Anglesault
Could include NCAA stuff,

It takes a strong willed person to sit and watch six hours of amateur wrestling.

Guest Polish_Rifle

It'd be cool if they had a segment with other wrestlers who have comments on Lesner.

Kidman: He stole my SSP. That's just disrespectful man! I don;t care who he is.

Guest AndrewTS

In several years, when Brock will have a long list of classic matches, then we'll have some DVD material.

As it is, they're just trying to cash in on Brock's popularity at the moment.

Did anyone really buy the Rey DVD for the Confidential crap?

Apparently, the WWE plan to follow up the awesome classic match based Rey and Michaels DVDs with a Brock Lesnar one. May I be the first to say, what the fuck? The WWE has a dream collection of matches and footage, and when it looks like they've taken a step in the right direction with the From the Vault series w/Michaels, they pull this shit.

"Watch an "oldie, but goodie" as Brock Lesnar takes on the Undertaker at Unforgiven 2002"!

I'd perfer a best of Kurt Angle, given the fact that the WWE never released a DVD version of his 2000 VHS comp special. But I have no complaints about them doing a Brock Lesner compilation....

Besides it could be worse: We could be getting a "HHH" best of. Or worse, Undertaker best of...

Guest wwF1587

what... i mean no offense to brock but he doesnt have enough good stuff for a dvd... the wwe ARE idiots....

Guest Steviekick

Brock doesn't have a lot of really good stuff for a WWE, but he is fairly popular and a DVD would propably be picked up by most of the nonsmark fans.

Guest Muzz

Whoa, too old school for me.

A Brock DVD? I'm sure the WWE could make it work but, I'd rather a Doink DVD. Seriously.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'd just like to take this oppertunity to say, I hate the spines of the new WWE DVDs. I couldn't find WM XIX for a few days because of the big "2003" design on the sides. Like anyone wants to buy the Judgment Day DVD anyway. Jeez!

Guest wwF1587
I'd just like to take this oppertunity to say, I hate the spines of the new WWE DVDs. I couldn't find WM XIX for a few days because of the big "2003" design on the sides. Like anyone wants to buy the Judgment Day DVD anyway. Jeez!

i dont much care for them either.. i doubt i will take them on their offer to collect all 12 so i can get some stupid box next year for the ppvs.....

Guest Jobber of the Week

My big complaint is that I have WMs 16, 17, 18, and 19 on the shelf and 19 looks completely fucking different.

Guest nWoScorpion

Brock has had Three GOOD matches (singles) that I've seen on TV. Vs. Undertaker (No Mercy), Rock (Summerslam), and Angle (WM).

The rest of his matches were crap.

GIVE THE DVD TO TRIPLE H! (Footage of when he ruled, and wasn't completely unmotivated)

Or Ric Flair (or for the dreamers, a Bret Hart One)

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Not only does Brock not have enough good matches to fill a DVD, I'm not sure if he even has enough PPV matches to fill a DVD. Maybe they'll cut the SSP out of Wrestlemania and show OVW matches instead.

Guest Lord of The Curry

Pffff...you fools. It's for Benoit.

*Holds in laughter. Can't hold it in. Laughs along with the rest of the forum.*

Guest Austin3164life

I wouldn't mind seeing a DVD of The Rock or Bret Hart's greatest matches.

Guest Army Eye
I'd perfer a best of Kurt Angle, given the fact that the WWE never released a DVD version of his 2000 VHS comp special. But I have no complaints about them doing a Brock Lesner compilation....

Besides it could be worse: We could be getting a "HHH" best of. Or worse, Undertaker best of...

Actually a HHH Best Of would be MUCH better.

And I think Taker has had more DVD-worthy matches than Brock at this point even. Of course he's barely ahead with a 15+ year head start

Guest Choken One

Why do you guys think will be a FROM THE VAULT thing ala Shawn/Mysterio?

I'm thinking it will be along the lines of those ROCK dvd's...

They have a follow Brock around and have him tell his lifestory and his rise to stardom and have 4 bonus matches on the dvd...

Guest bravesfan

Even if this DVD is in the works, it won't see a release until September or October, based on the WWE's release schedule.

That'll leave time for Lesnar to have 2 or 3 more good matches with Benoit, Angle or Rhyno on future Smackdown shows.

Guest art_vandelay
Why do you guys think will be a FROM THE VAULT thing ala Shawn/Mysterio?

I'm thinking it will be along the lines of those ROCK dvd's...

They have a follow Brock around and have him tell his lifestory and his rise to stardom and have 4 bonus matches on the dvd...

I know. You guys never cease the opportunity to jump the the worst possible conclusions. Holy shit.

4 Bonus Matches? That isn't a extra. Do a DVD of a guy that has actually had about 7 memorable matches, not 2 or 3.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im wondering how long we have to wait for the "Mr. McMahon's greatest Moments" DVD.

You KNOW its coming.

Im wondering how long we have to wait for the "Mr. McMahon's greatest Moments" DVD.

You KNOW its coming.

Don't joke about that shit man, you will scare me.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

You KNOW its coming.

Don't joke about that shit man, you will scare me.

Im not joking. All of this Mr. McMahon vs Mr. America stuff, in addition to the Hogan crap from WM 19 stuff probably gives them enough material along with all the old stuff Like Austin vs McMahon to put out a new DVD.

Guest art_vandelay
4 Bonus Matches? That isn't a extra. Do a DVD of a guy that has actually had about 7 memorable matches, not 2 or 3.

4 is the number of extra matches they had on the 'Just Bring It' DVD. Those matches were:

-Handicap match for the Wcw title The Rock vs. Shane McMahon and Booker T at Unforgiven 2001

-Wcw title match The Rock vs. Shane McMahon at Raw is War

-WWF title match The Rock vs. Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2001

-a hardcore title match The Rock vs. Rvd

Not exactly a great list, huh? I can think of more than 4 bonus match possibilities for the Lesnar DVD that would far surpass Just Bring It:

Lesnar vs. Hogan - SmackDown

Lesnar vs. Rock - SummerSlam

Lesnar vs. Undertaker - No Mercy HIAC

Lesnar vs. Big Show - Survivor Series

Lesnar vs. Angle - WrestleMania

Lesnar vs. Big Show - last week's SD, ring collapse (I don't care if it had no finish. That spot should be on a DVD, where people who don't get SD can see it)

I don't think they'd put the WrestleMania match on there as the WM DVD is still relatively new. I can see them putting an OVW match as one of the bonuses.

Point is, marks are going to buy a DVD that has Brock Lesnar on its cover, no matter how shitty the bonus matches are. Are you actually suggesting they NOT make a Lesnar DVD and lose out on all that potential revenue?

But hey, smarks are getting their fix too with the From The Vault line.