TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JHawk

"Kiss Cam" man gets prison time

Guest JHawk

I haven't seen this posted anyplace else on this thread, but if I just missed it then ignore this.

Courtesy the Associated Press.

CINCINNATI (June 9) - A wanted man arrested after his parole officer spotted him kissing his girlfriend on the scoreboard at a Cincinnati Reds game pleaded guilty to drug charges Monday.

David Horton was sentenced to two years in prison for trafficking and possession of cocaine, and 2 1/2 years for violating his parole.

Horton and his parole officer attended the May 7 Reds game in which the smooching couple appeared on the ``Kiss Cam'' at Great American Ball Park. The parole officer and a police officer arrested Horton at his front-row seat.

Horton had been arrested March 27 and was indicted for trafficking and possession of cocaine. He was accused of failing to appear in court on those charges.

Horton, 24, was convicted of felonious assault in 1999 for stabbing two men. He was granted parole after serving two years of a four-year prison sentence.

My initial thought...why the hell would you be so stupid as to go to such a highly public place when you've violated your parole? Especially if it's so close to where the initial conviction was?

Guest Texas Small Arms 09

I laughed when I saw that. That guy deserves to go back to prison. When I was at the Astros game I was wondering what would happen if I was put up on the screen.

Guest Vern Gagne

I remember the video. The girl didn't seem very enthuased about kissing the guy.

Guest Fallen Angel

When I first saw a headline on this, I thought the guy got busted for sexual assault or some such crime. This is far more stupid. As JHawk said, how moronic must one be to violate parole in the first place, let alone decide to go to one of the most public settings a person can after doing so. Somebody get the home vasectomy kit, because this man passing on his genetic material would be the greatest crime of all.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Living in the area, the local broadcast news seemed to have a field day with this. I'm surprised the Reds front office hasn't pimped catching bad guys as one reason to justify the multi-million dollar ballpark...