TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Judas14

Scott doesn't understand what we want

Guest Judas14

I think the main reason people were pissed off at the Mirror Universe Recap is that everyone wanted to hear you tear the WWF a new asshole much in the same way you kept tearing WCW a new asshole in your Thunder recaps, not what star rating you would give the matches that they put on last night. And given that you've shown more patience that Job in reguards to the downward spiral that the WWF is on, people were waiting with baited breath to see you unleash the full fury of your inner cynic at the WWF for what many people saw as big slap in the face of it's loyal viewers......

Judas, who liked the Mirror Universe recap for the record.....

Guest Kingpk

So......

Scott writes a funny, creative "recap" and people jump all over him for not actually paying attention to the show.

He then writes a normal recap, and people jump all over him for not being harsh enough?

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!!!!!!!

Man, if I was Scott, I'd be thinking "fuck em' all" and just write books and give up the recaps.

Guest Judas14
So......

Scott writes a funny, creative "recap" and people jump all over him for not actually paying attention to the show.

He then writes a normal recap, and people jump all over him for not being harsh enough?

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!!!!!!!

Well I'm willing to let Scott do the "funny" rant because it was funny (at least I felt it was funny). But a lot of people look towards Scott as the voice of unyeilding cynicism in reguards to wrestling on the net. Hence a lot of people not liking the "funny" rant.....

It varies from person to person and given that reaction has been mixed, it seems that half of Scott's readership liked it and half didn't....

Guest Kingpk

All I want is an entertaining, somewhat informative, writing that isn't full of insults and pedophilia jokes (like Hyatte), or is extermely long and boring (like, well, Hyatte.)

I don't think that's too much to ask, and both the Mirror Universe and normal rants were fine.

Guest Midnight Express83

I didn't really hate it. It was funny at times but the thing was I didn't get it. It flew over my head too many times. If I was "in" on most of them, I would be like Judas laughing my ass off. But the Law in Order one is a good example of "disecting a Frog". Sure I got the pun, but the frog is still dead.

The thing is Judas hit the nail on the coffin, we thought the hot pokers were coming out and going into Steph's ass. But knowing her, she would like that. Its just he hated it so much that he HAD do something to make it fun for him. And most just wanted a real rant because they didn't get it.

Guest Some Guy

I want funny and star ratings, like his older rants.  His rant work has fallen off lately, which is understandable because he is presumably using his "A" material for the new book which he is getting paid for.  He does the rants for fun I think so I don't see why anyone gets up his ass about it.  No one attacks the people in the Smaeks Crew folder and Scott is basically doing the same thing on a bigger scale.  I'm not a SK kiss ass but I am a fan of his work, if I wasn't I wouldn't even know about this board.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

i liked the mirror universe rant. besides it's fucking depressing writing about the wwf currently. i like when writers get creative like that. i hope he keeps it up.

Guest muswp1

While the mirror universe rant was interesting, I wouldn't exactly call it funny.  I think Scott need a little more practice at it.  I got it...do a mirror universe rant on XPW's next tape.  It's bound to be more interesting than the actual tape will be.

Guest dreamer420

I like his rants where he recaps the action, and throws in finely placed jokes.  There is too much whining and bitching in his newer rants.

Guest areacode212

I liked the Mirror Universe rant a lot. But I think Scott should date his rants as he's typing them. As he says in his Slamboree '95 rant, if someone is reading it in 2007, nobody will remember what the hell he's talking about when he's making jokes about Japanese shampoo. Putting a date will give it a bit of context.

Guest RetroRob215

Someone suggested that a while ago, nothing ever came out of it.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I didn't find the mirror universe thing paricularly good, but I would be trying to do something different too given the current state of the WWF. There's only so many times you can write about the nWo before your brain starts to melt, I think.