TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kotzenjunge

Hey! I'm alive!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Went by the junkyard where it was taken today, what a sad sight. At least it went down when it was in the lead.

I'd also like to clarify that I never attempt to race anyone in an area where there might be people around. Only late at night and on highways or interstates, whatever. If anyone ever challenges me in a populated area, I tell them to follow me while I take us to a deserted area.

So I'm a fool. A big ol' fool, because I'm just going to get right back into the mix. It's why I got the car I got. I'm very sorry.

Guest WukenBloodstar

Dude..did you even get hurt at all? Must suck losing your car so quickly man..I feel for ya.

Guest DawnBTVS
So I'm a fool. A big ol' fool, because I'm just going to get right back into the mix.

Hope you got a will made out for your family just in case then...dumbass

Sorry, but it's so fucking stupid especially after you nearly killed yourself once why risk it again?

Guest The Amazing Rando

Too many car accidents from the OAOASTers lately...

first me (or anyone before me) and now Kotz...

Luckily it seems both of us were unhurt...right?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Remember when we started that thread asking what we'd do or how we'd react if someone here died? Wellsir, almost happened to me tonight. Hit a wall on a bridge going 120 (the police were told 80 at the most, and it was downhill at the time, so the whole calculation thing is thrown off) while racing some douche in an Elantra. Not worth it in retrospect, but how I survived is beyond me. I hit a weird bump while changing lanes to (finally) pass him since I started from a dead stop. We'd planned that I'd take off after him from a dead stop on the side of the road. Anyways, I hit the weird bump, the back end of the car went out on me, I almost swerved into him, pulled away, and into the wall I went.

So anyways, yeah, I got the car of my dreams, and it's gone in three days. My fault really in the end, but whatever. Bring on the "you were an idiot for racing" posts.

So you almost died?

THAT'S your excuse for being late with the RAW recaps?

Weak.

Guest DrTom
I'd also like to clarify that I never attempt to race anyone in an area where there might be people around. Only late at night and on highways or interstates, whatever.

And that magically removed the chance that people are going to be around? You're lessening the risk of squishing a pedestrian, true, but the risk is still there. Heck, late at night, you can find people anywhere, especially if they're tipsy. Killing or maiming someone just to smoke some chap in a Camaro simply isn't worth it.

So I'm a fool. A big ol' fool, because I'm just going to get right back into the mix. It's why I got the car I got.

You are a fool. And I say that not to mock you, but because I actually like you and don't want to see you continue to do something so damnably stupid. I'm sure there's an enclosed short track near where you live? Can't you get your racing rocks off there? I'm not going to tell you I've never raced, because I have. I've even done it in the past few months (some poseur in a Bimmer needed to know his role). But the difference is that I bought a nice car that I liked, and it happened to go fast. You bought a car specifically to burn up the asphalt.

Guest Vern Gagne

Kotz, why do you take such a huge risk? Up to 120 mph? is dangerous and it came close to getting you seriously injured or even killed.

Guest DawnBTVS

I have a friend who used to speed race with friends as well and almost got busted(Only got free cause the other guy he was racing drove from the cops). He loved the speed but didn't like the risks of street racing so he's getting a car to soup it up for drag racing. Fills his need for speed while also being at least safe(With gear and all). Try something like that Kotz and maybe you'll end up loving it(My friend lives and breathes cars).

Guest CED Ordonez

Last weekend, some guy in an Eclipse got up next to me to the left and started revving his engine and looking at me like he wanted to race me. It struck me as weird because aside from my wheels there are no modifications on my Civic. Just the 106 or so horsepower the factory gave me and it's really obvious when I rev my engine. He looked like he had just got his license so I figured he just wanted to measure his dick with the power of his car.

Well, through his windows I can barely spot a familiar car about to come out of the parking lot to our left: a black and white car with lights on it. So, with a smirk on my face, I nod at him and clutch my wheel with my left hand and my automatic stick like it's a manual. I didn't want to blow my cover, so I never revved my engine and just made motions like I was going to punch it.

A second later the green light is given and the guy, completely focused on the "race" and obviously not seeing who was about to approach us from the left, just guns it while I take off as well, but at grandmother speed. A few seconds later I see flashing lights blaze after him as I take a right turn to disappear into the backroads. It was f'n hilarious to see him completely bite on my obvious ploy.

Guest HBK16
So I'm a fool. A big ol' fool, because I'm just going to get right back into the mix. It's why I got the car I got. I'm very sorry.

I like your attitude. I had a few close calls when I had my Civic and I didnt quit. Everyone always told me I was going to die in my car. The rush is awesome when your swerving in and out of traffic. It was hard for me to turn down a race. My brother got a 93 Stang and I race with him now.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Is it ok to laugh when one of them does, inevitably, die in his car?

Guest wwF1587

good that your ok... and i dont mean to go all parent or whatever on ya but i never understood why someone would buy a car, (if you did... not sure) or get a new car... then do something like you did to ruin the car.... i have been working my ass off for almost two years and still cant afford a good car.. but when i get it the last thing i am gonna do is wreck it.... oh well

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yes, I am paying for this car myself (although a relative had to co-sign with me).

HBK, I never swerve about in traffic, that shit's nuts. I make sure it's when, like I said, things are deserted. It's just really hard to get out of your system once it's in there. It's hard to explain. A year ago, I'd never say things like this, and considered anything a wee bit over the speed limit way too dangerous. When my friend tried to race someone for the first time as I rode with him, I nearly shit myself. Over time, this became something awfully fun, and I really wanted to be able to do it myself one day too. That one night we OWNED the roads around here was the most I've ever enjoyed myself, or at least in the last five years. I was finally content and happy, after so long with trying to fight to get my license back from the previous crap I went though, then getting another car, and then finally getting a virtual dream car. My college, job, and car situations had all sorted themselves out in a period of two weeks and everything was great, with our twin black Mustangs ripping up the highway and revving to make our presence known in the city.

And yes, after careful thought (and realizing how I can make some money off of it), I've decided that I'm going to make the trip to the East Cooper Drag Strip on the weekends instead of hunting. I can't promise I'll never race anything else on the road, but I intend to save my effort and strength for the strip so I can milk the dumb ricers around here (yes, they are dumb, and yes, it is rice around here, very little actual tuning) for all the money they had saved up for their neon antennas or whatever.

Guest HBK16
Yes, I am paying for this car myself (although a relative had to co-sign with me).

HBK, I never swerve about in traffic, that shit's nuts. I make sure it's when, like I said, things are deserted. It's just really hard to get out of your system once it's in there. It's hard to explain. A year ago, I'd never say things like this, and considered anything a wee bit over the speed limit way too dangerous. When my friend tried to race someone for the first time as I rode with him, I nearly shit myself. Over time, this became something awfully fun, and I really wanted to be able to do it myself one day too. That one night we OWNED the roads around here was the most I've ever enjoyed myself, or at least in the last five years. I was finally content and happy, after so long with trying to fight to get my license back from the previous crap I went though, then getting another car, and then finally getting a virtual dream car. My college, job, and car situations had all sorted themselves out in a period of two weeks and everything was great, with our twin black Mustangs ripping up the highway and revving to make our presence known in the city.

And yes, after careful thought (and realizing how I can make some money off of it), I've decided that I'm going to make the trip to the East Cooper Drag Strip on the weekends instead of hunting. I can't promise I'll never race anything else on the road, but I intend to save my effort and strength for the strip so I can milk the dumb ricers around here (yes, they are dumb, and yes, it is rice around here, very little actual tuning) for all the money they had saved up for their neon antennas or whatever.

Most of us will find it dumb but your right Kotz. It is hard to explain why you love it so much. I ussually race on the freeway. I dont in the day time but at night yes. Having to squeez inbetween 2 cars is the biggest rush. Your heart speeds and your hands get very sweaty. But at the end you take a deep breathe and are happy your still alive. Well thats how I thought of it. And once you get hooked on it its hard to stop. Its like a drug. Well not really but its just so much fun that you dont want to stop. Me and my friends made street racing into a game once which actually lasted about 3 days. See how many races we can win. We recorded them and everything. It was fun until one of them got a ticket. The we stopped.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I don't think my car could even squeeze between two others if I tried, which I wouldn't anyway. I wouldn't even go into the emergency lane to win a race. If the other person wants to weave in and out of traffic, go to racing school and get into NASCAR or something. I'm sporting about it, and if they beat me or I beat them, it will be because of our performances, not because one managed to get the other caught behind a car or two and made it slow down.

GT's can run high 13's in the quarter in stock form, put some slicks on them and they run in the mid 13's. Too bad all we've got around here is a pair of 1/8 tracks. Still, some dudes boast that they can do the 1/8 in nine seconds, which is just laughable. In nine seconds, the GT would be up to 85 probably. Anyways, yeah, I want to see how I do at the track.

Just to fan the flames of domestic/import fighting more:

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I fear no turbo, for torque art with me. Thy piston and thy rod, they comfort me."

And...

"As the speed goes up the gas goes down but as the gas goes down, the ricers burn."

Guest HBK16

Last time I encountered a ricer trying to race me in my Civic, was at a parking lot. He had a transparent hood, a bunch of weird lighting inside the car, an exhaust tip he said his mom got him for Christmas, and altezzas in the back. Said he ran 18's and was proud of it. I walked away very slowly.

Guest HungryJack

You lot make me glad I own a truck. I don't need to race, my system drowns out any and all others. Bitches.

Guest Kotzenjunge

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I PRAY that he meant 18s in the quarter, not the eighth. I'll respect an import that can do 14s or faster.

rather.jpg

This just in... 16.9 @ 80 is not fast!

Guest HBK16

When I got my Civic stock, I was pulling like 15s or 16s in the quarter. When I was done with it, I was doing mid 12s. I wasnt a huge fan of the Civic but I was proud of it. I made that Civic look good.

My bro just got his Stang so nothing is done to it yet. If we need help on anything I know who to come to though.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I reckon they are!

Martha! Find mah lawn chair!

Guest Kotzenjunge

What kind did your brother get, HBK? Still the 5.Slow or the SUPERIOR~ 4.6?

Guest Big Poppa Popick

jesus kotz, do you even value your life?

stick to the drag if you do...go out street racing again, hell, youre asking for it.

im with tom on this one

we like ya man, but shit like that is just dumb

oh, and if i come off bitter, thats because i had a good friend who swore by racing on deserted roads.

he said it would be fine.

a tree disagreed.

is it worth it to say that he died "at least being in the lead"?

fuck that

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Is it ok to laugh when one of them does, inevitably, die in his car?

If they pass by your house (which is in a Residential 25 mph Speed Limit area) in their souped-up pieces of shit filled the brim with gaudy neon and buzzing like Giant, Retarded, Hornets then yes.

Not that I would know, of course.