TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Hart Foundation/NOD feud

Now, don't get me wrong. I was a HUGE mark for the Hart Foundation back in 1997, and I liked the feud between the Hart Foundation and the NOD. But, what was the point of that semi-feud that had absolutely no blowoff. I remember when Farooq issued a challenge to the Hart Foundation, and Bret Hart accepted. But, there was no blowoff.

Well it did get off the ground somewhat. I remember the NOD's dressing room got trashed and Canadian flags were all over the place, giving the impression it was the Harts' fault.

Guest Askewniverse
Now, don't get me wrong. I was a HUGE mark for the Hart Foundation back in 1997, and I liked the feud between the Hart Foundation and the NOD. But, what was the point of that semi-feud that had absolutely no blowoff. I remember when Farooq issued a challenge to the Hart Foundation, and Bret Hart accepted. But, there was no blowoff.

If I'm not mistaken, Bret and Faarooq did have what could be considered a blowoff match. Bret got the pinfall win after Austin interfered, which furthered the Austin-NOD feud, and ended the Harts-NOD feud.

I think that the Hart Foundation-NOD feud may also have had something to do with Owen beating Faarooq in the finals of the IC title tournament at Badd Blood.

Guest Askewniverse
But, there was a confrontation the following week, though.

What happened the following week? The only thing that I can remember is that Bret faced Ken Shamrock and Owen faced Ahmed Johnson.

Guest bravesfan
What happened the following week?

All three stables, along with Vince McMahon, were involved in a show-opening interview. IIRC, it was just a segment to throw allegations around.

During the Bret/Shamrock match later on, both DX and the Hart Foundation got involved, which resulted in the match getting thrown out.

Cool Note: On the RAW where NOD's lockerroom was trashed, we saw the WWF debut of Yoshihiro Tajiri - in a loss to Taka Michinoku.

i heard that dx trashed the nations locker room and made it look like the harts did it. they sprayed KFC and other black stereotypical stuff on the walls. i think it sounds funny.

Guest JMA

The cool thing about the feud is that all three stables were heel factions (albeit the Foundation only in the US). One of the cool things about the Russo era, IMO.

Guest JaKyL25

By 'Making it look like the Harts did it" though, it was more like "leaving SO much evidence that looks like Hart stuff that it obviously wasn't them."

Guest Steve J. Rogers

Also it was right before Survivor Series so obviously the feud was going to be cut short.

If the NOD didn't want to do it I understand why they didn't continue the DX-NOD part of it.

Actually Austin-NOD was a way to setup Austin-Rocky BTW

Steve

Guest HellSpawn

I think it was more like a "lets hope the NOD keep busy the HF while we do... uhm.. nothing" kinda evil plan.