TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kane Fan

Path of Destruction

Guest Kane Fan

Sabu V Sandman - Wow! How can these guys continue a match like this? Anyway, it was pretty cool, but I don't like Sandman. I'd give the match *** (out of *****).

Mysterio V Psicosis - Very good, but a bit short. ****

Tajiri V Super Crazy V Jerry Lynn - brilliant match - *****

I haven't got round to watching the others, but I'm looking forward to Eddy/Malenko...

Guest BAR

It's a great DVD/Video. I'd say the best match on there is Eddy/Dean, maybe ****1/2, that's being very generous.

The 3 way is enjoyable, ***3/4, I haven't watched it in a while.

Guest Kane Fan

I watched the 2/3 falls match a few mins ago. It was brilliant, but would be better if they had sold some of the submission moves more. Ah well, at least I've seen it and enjoyed it!

Guest Mr. Adam

Is it actually on the European version of the disc?

While I like it and all, I bought it to get the Brian Pillman shoot. However,it's nowhere to be found ever when following other people's methods.

I think it's a different menu system but im not sure.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Pillman Segment -

Go to the Special Features screen, highlight the Main Menu option and press left on the remote.

Guest Super Leather
Pillman Segment -

Go to the Special Features screen, highlight the Main Menu option and press left on the remote.

I just followed those directions. Goddamn, that was hilarious! I now plan on putting that on an ECW comp tape I want to make for myself sometime in the future. The RVD/Bigelow match is great too, and the Taipei Death Match is just plain wrong on so many levels.

I dig the Sandman's character more than his actual ability (unless you think that only extends to drinking, smoking, and bleeding) and I think he's a good match for Sabu. That match is a pretty good reason as to why that is. I expected more barbed wire carnage though. As well, the Lynn/Tajiri/Crazy match is by far one of my personal highlights. It was hard for me to be able to see many ECW matches due to certain circumstances, so I had to read magazines writing about a lot of the matches and rivalries documented on this DVD...therefore that was the first I've seen of Super Crazy. I personally think I've seen better matches with Eddy/Malenko as well as Rey/Psicosis though.

I also have the Deep Impact DVD from ECW as well. There's some fine moments contained herin too. Are there any special features that they didn't tell you about on this one?

Guest Anorak
Is it actually on the European version of the disc?

While I like it and all, I bought it to get the Brian Pillman shoot. However,it's nowhere to be found ever when following other people's methods.

I think it's a different menu system but im not sure.

For any UK fans wondering i'm 99% sure the Pillman shoot is on the Cyberslam 96 DVD. I think Path Of Destruction is a great place to start getting familiar with ECW, there's a good variety of match styles on there. The Malenko/Guerrero match wasn't their best match together in ECW but the atmosphere generated for their farewell was pretty memorable.

Guest WhenDanSaysJump
Tajiri V Super Crazy V Jerry Lynn - brilliant match - *****

:huh:

It's good and all, but I've seen better 3-ways.

That said, I'm not as down on the rotation of Lynn/Crazy/Tajiri/Guido matches from 99 as some people are.