TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The one and only smackdown thread 2/7

Guest Tony149

Was it me or did the main event look slow? Almost like Angle & Jericho had to slow down the pace so HHH wouldn't get blown up.

Guest Army Eye
what are you talking about, havent they been chanting it in time with his music for a few weeks now, or did they do something different tonight?

well they always do the YOU SUCK but sometimes they don't do the WHAT (like tonight)

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I missed the first 30 or so minutes of Smackdown.  I was taping it, but is there any reason for me to go back and watch it?  Or was it as pants as the rest of the show?

Guest Tony149

If you missed the first 30 minutes, there's nothing there that was worth seeing. Unless you want to see an nWo ad.

Guest Army Eye
And YES he does need to be carried.  That's why he only has good matches with good workers.

Actually he carried Undertaker to easily his best match of the year.

The HHH of right now is noticably slower than he used to be though, when he was working VERY good matches in 2000-2001.  If he doesn't take care of that, then yes the Wrestlemania main event could very well be a letdown

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Actually he carried Undertaker to easily his best match of the year

God I hope your not talking about that WrestleMania match.  It was slow...and had to go out in the crowd because it was so damn boring.

UT had better matches on ppv against Austin (Judgment Day) and RVD (Vengeance)

Guest Midnight Express83

I rate this show 5 out of 10. Could have been MUCH better. But didn't completely blow. Kinda in the middle.

Guest The Vanilla Midget
The HHH of right now is noticably slower than he used to be though, when he was working VERY good matches in 2000-2001.  If he doesn't take care of that, then yes the Wrestlemania main event could very well be a letdown

i think 8 months on the sidelines may have affected his stamina, etc.  but the real reason he's stinking up the ring is because of how much bigger he has become.  i think he needs to come to the realisation that he is too big and that all that extra muscle is actually hampering him in the ring.  hes still the same guy who was working very good matches, though if he still sucks this bad and doesnt improve before mania i will be really pissed.

Guest Tony149

I'll give some thoughts on Smackdown. The Rock/Booker T match was alright. I found the Kurt Angle/Gorilla HHH Jr. promo hilarious. I like the way the nWo ads look. Even if there not any different than the WCW's nWo ads. RVD in another 6 man. Edge & Regal keep their "exciting" feud going. Rikishi, well, the writers still have him stuck in 2000. The show was ok. Nothing bad, but not good.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

After tonight I'm having flashbacks to Will Sasso's match with Bret Hart on a 1998 Nitro where Debra Wilson almost popped out of her top.

But hey, I love the TV show (MAD TV), and when I saw Sasso's Steve Austin impression a month ago I damn near pissed myself.

Guest Kinetic
Having Edge come out after RVD is a joke.

How so?  Judging by the crowd reaction tonight, I'd say that Edge is just as over as RVD.  Unless, of course, HHH was fooling around with the crowd volume knobs in the control truck again.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

what i thought was an even bigger joke was undertaker coming out after jericho on raw.  while it was probably due to pyro, they should still have not had taker come out after rock, austin, and jericho

Guest Kinetic

Who cares?  I'm completely baffled at how you guys think coming out last connotes superiority.  The ONLY situation in which it ever matters who comes out first and second is in a title match.  Other than that, it might as well be a random thing or just completely dictated by pyro or how elaborate their entrance is.

Guest Tony149

In the '80s, most of the time the Champ came out last. It's changed in the '90s. Now the guy who'll get the biggest pop comes out last ie. Rock, SCSA, HHH. It really doesn't matter. Unless the referee comes out last. :)

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I think that the champion should always come out last, no matter how big a pop the other person gets.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

the only exception to that should be if the champ's pyro totally smokes out the arena, sorta like tazz's.

Guest Kinetic

I agree that the champion should always come out last, regardless.  And that Tazz's pyro should really be changed before someone suffocates.  Tazz is safe: He has a lower center of gravity than most.  But I fear for the safety of fans who are above average height.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

if youre so concerned about the order of entrances

oh wait

its utterly random save the main events of ppv's so it really doesnt matter