TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DawnBTVS

PROMO - Fancy learning some fightin' skills?

Guest DawnBTVS

FADE IN

-The camera opens up to a Black Dodge Viper parked outside of "Junkie’s Pub" where it sits, engine still running. Suddenly, the door opens up and we zoom in to black leather boots crunching against the gravel. We pan up slowly, making out the black leather pants and a white tank top hanging loosely over the pants top. We pan up slower, and see the nice B size breasts of Janet as we continue up, finally reaching her luscious red lips, working on her piece of gum and up to her blue eyes twinkling. We finally reach her amber red hair blowing in the breeze and hanging past her shoulders. Her lips suddenly break into a big smile as the door opens. The camera zooms to the door to spot SJL's newest member, Danny Conklin. He's clad in blue jeans over black leather boots and a white t-shirt hidden beneath a black leather jacket. Danny grins as we catch focus of his brown hair bought forward into a blonde fringe tip. Danny takes off his black jacket and places it around Janet's shoulders as Janet enters the bar.

Danny Conklin(In a mixed Irish/Boston accent): Quite the night and it'll only get better.

-The camera pans over the bar full of guys wearing leather jackets and Texas style hats and blue jeans looking mean & tough with blondes and brunettes hanging off their arms. We spot Janet seated at a table nestled in the corner adjacent to the bar door as Danny walks up to the bar table. He talks a minute with the bartender and soon walks over with two beers in hand to Janet. Danny slides into the seat opposite Janet as Janet cracks an easy going smile. Danny takes his beer, a Miller Genuine Draft and holds it in the air.

Danny: To a grand future in the Smarks Junior Leagues.

Janet: Here here!

-Both toast and drink as they set down their glasses. Danny smiles as a man about 6'4" and 257 lbs. walks over clad in blue jeans, a black leather jacket over a black Devilz Darkside t-shirt. His brown hair hangs around his face as his hazel eyes glare down at Conklin. Danny merely glances at Janet, arching an eyebrow before standing up and staring eye to eye. Danny cracks a smile as the men continues to glare at him.

Man: You think you can waltz in here without knowing who runs this?

Danny: I figured I'd come in and do as I please, yes.

Man: Well apparently you didn't hear the rule. You new, you pay my tab.

Danny: I don't quite fancy paying your tab much laddy. I'm sure you make enough with minimum wage to handle it yourself tonight.

Man: Why you punk. You want a throw down you Irish banshee?

Danny: Banshee? Haven't heard that one since Francis in 5th grade. I see you fancy fighting eh?

Man: People don't fuck me over, especially not people like you.

Danny: Like me eh laddy? What'dja mean by that now? You want to fight, then take yer best shot boy.

-The man takes a mighty swing but Danny nonchalantly ducks it and connects with a hard right hand to the gut. The man groans in pain but comes back swinging, missing a wild swing to the head but connecting with a sweeping right to the ribs. Danny smiles.

Danny: Nice shot there laddy.

-Danny dodges a right hand and nails the man hard with a left to the face, cracking the man directly on the nose. The man staggers back and touches fingers to his nose, feeling blood. He growls and charges at Danny but Danny sidesteps him, grabs him by the back of his jacket and slings him through the window as it shatters all over the man's body. Danny turns towards the bar tender.

Danny: Sorry about the damage here. I'll pick up our tab and pay for the damages. Lesson be learned though...

-Looks at the beaten man lying on the dirt ground amongst the broken pieces of glass in front of the bar.

Danny: It's good to be Irish when you can fight.

-Danny leaves a wad of $100 bills as he takes Janet by the hand and leads her out of the bar. They make their way to the Black Dodge Viper as Janet climbs into the driver's seat. Danny looks at the man one last time before sliding into the passenger's seat as Janet revs up the engine. The Dodge Viper peels out and zooms off onto the highway.

FADE OUT

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

...I want you fighting Tim Dillon right now.

A nice intro for you, giving a little character context without needing to do the "A wrestler walks out from the back..." thing. Welcome to the club, DBTVS.

Guest Insanityman

....I'd agree if I wasn't so scared of the lad. Nice promo, welcome to the SJL- from your other overly Irish character.

Edit- Besides, the Irish always fight each other because we always know it'll be against a good opponent.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Is the OAOAST the JL Farm League, or what?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

We've gotten a lot lately. I love it. These boys can go.

Welcome. Mind the explosives littered on the floor, they're mine. Wouldn't want step on one of those, now...

Guest DawnBTVS

lol, thanks for the comments fellas. Sort of new direction here for me and I'm hoping I can do well and actually focus more on the background and get my character over.

Guest Powerplay

Irish + Beating up a Random Guy = Rock on! It's cool to see you wanting to flesh out your backstory; direction is something that is always nice to have early on and it will certainly help you with your matches. I've seen a lot of good stuff from you OAOAST people (All two of them, but still, very nice) so I'm expecting some very nice stuff.

Guest realitycheck

Actually, Judge, we've got four OAOAST guys in the JL.

Regardless, great debut promo. Forget fighting Tim Dillon--you two should tag up for a few matches or something. :D

-Z

Guest Powerplay
Actually, Judge, we've got four OAOAST guys in the JL.

I was talking those with experience, Zed :P.

Sign in to follow this