TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Czech Republic

Idea for Board Realignment

Guest The Czech Republic

This is concerning the order that the various forums (fora?) are listed in the pulldown menu and on the front page. Understandably, the subcategory of wrestling forums is at the top. This is followed by pop culture, author archives, forums stuff, and hosted forums. Specifically udner "forums stuff" are the General Chat and LSD boards. With the evolution of GC from the original intents of "metatextual best/worst poster nonsense" that Keith intended when he created the board, to the current format of talking about our daily lives outside TSM, it seems odd that discussion of life outside the forums is under "forums stuff." The same goes for LSD. These boards are much closer in content to the pop culture boards, which are separated by a long list of TSM authors.

So my proposal is this: merge the General Chat and Love/Sex/Dating forums with the pop culture forums to create "Non-wrestling," in contrast to "wrestling," which would precede non-wrestling in the listings. Follow non-wrestling with forums stuff, which would include Feedback, Testing Grounds, and maybe TSM Classics. Then follow with author archives and hosted forums. This may be a better way of organizing things.

I don't run the board, but if anyone cares to look into this anal-retentive idea (hey I warned you in the subtitle) then you're free to do so. Just throwing the idea out.