TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Diatribe is Up...EARLY, Biatches.

Guest Slapnuts00

You're a pretty harsh grader! Neither the cage match or the Xmatch hit **** for you? What's the highest you rated a TNA match? Or any match in fact?

I've always been a harsh grader. I think I've only rated a few matches **** or above.

If I remember correctly -

Jarrett/Truth - ****

SAT's & Red vs. Triple X - ****

AJ vs. Lynn vs. Psi vs. Low-Ki - ****1/2

AJ vs. Lynn vs. Low-Ki 1 - ****3/4

That's it.

The only match I've ever given ***** to is Benoit/Angle from Royal Rumble '03 and even I think I over graded that a bit.

The way I see it is this...since I don't throw my snowflakes around, when you get a lot of them from me, it means more.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I was looking through the archives yesterday and you gave both the first and second Truth/Jarrett matches ***1/2...but on the second one said that the first was better.

In my opinion, XXX vs. AMW was everything that a **** is made of in North America.

It perfectly blended old school with new school, and told a genius story with Skipper getting thrown out and AMW finally having the numbers advantage and winning (and not even 2 on 2 either!!!).

One of, if not the, best use of a cage in as long as I can remember.

The cage match should be at least ****. Match was great, story was awesome, no interference. This is how blowoff matches should be, at least for me. A climax with a clean finish.

Guest Devin

Yeah, it was definitely a **** - ****1/2 match. Even the botched moves played into the story, whether that was intentional or not. For instance, Skipper botches his finisher, so instead of going for a pin, he climbs the cage for the splash. Same thing with the botched Death Sentence. I'd call it arguably, the best match in TNA history. It may not have had all the highspots of the previously mentioned X Division matches, but the psychology more then makes up for it.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I marked for the Yuna reference. Otherwise the usual good stuff.

It perfectly blended old school with new school, and told a genius story with Skipper getting thrown out and AMW finally having the numbers advantage and winning (and not even 2 on 2 either!!!).

...Wow, I didn't even get that. Shit, for that alone, I'll raise it to ****.

Dames

Guest Zack Malibu

ANOTHER mention~! Wow, me and Shane Douglas are like a Diatribe running joke now!

But get it right, Dames...I watch TNA at my uncle's, not at my own house. ;)

Kidding (duh). Good review, and I'm glad you elevated the rating of the cage match. Seriously that was one of TNA's best matches ever, with great psychology and a great story. Definitely a shining moment for the company.

Guest J*ingus

Side note: as the video packages go, the "TNA production crew" could be more accurately defined as "Borash sitting up sleepless nights at a computer all by himself".

Guest bob_barron

Well if that's the case then Borash does a great job.

Zack gets another mention while I'm mentionless again this week? Boo

Guest Lemon Drop Kid
Side note: as the video packages go, the "TNA production crew" could be more accurately defined as "Borash sitting up sleepless nights at a computer all by himself".

The same description also applies to the term "Jeremy's Love Life"

I saw in the Observer that Broash throws T-shirts into the crowds that chant TNA.

" Jeremy Borash remained the unsung hero as far as crowd heat last night. His new gimmick is that if fans chant TNA for several minutes at a time, he'll start throwing out T-shirts to the sections that have chanted. Whenever last night there was super heat, and then it suddenly died, it was because Borash had just thrown a T-shirt and he hadn't gotten the chants back going."

Is there anything this man can't do!?!?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It's funny, everytime I see Borash cheerleading I think he looks stupid...but he really is doing a great job keeping the crowd up. Remember when Raven knocked him out for the second half of a show? The crowd wasn't as pumped.

And Dames has seen the light!!!

Guest Lemon Drop Kid
It's funny, everytime I see Borash cheerleading I think he looks stupid...but he really is doing a great job keeping the crowd up. Remember when Raven knocked him out for the second half of a show?

In the Heel Section, we used up all our energy, jumping up and down, high-fiving, hugging, and nearly weeping for joy when his head was driven canvasward.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
I saw in the Observer that Broash throws T-shirts into the crowds that chant TNA.

" Jeremy Borash remained the unsung hero as far as crowd heat last night. His new gimmick is that if fans chant TNA for several minutes at a time, he'll start throwing out T-shirts to the sections that have chanted. Whenever last night there was super heat, and then it suddenly died, it was because Borash had just thrown a T-shirt and he hadn't gotten the chants back going."

Is there anything this man can't do!?!?

Get laid?

Guest JacK

So how come everyone hates Borash for? Sure, he acts like a tool a bit, but he announces and throws T-Shirts! It's more than I can do!

My question is this (although undoubtebly I'll be called 'gay' I still wanna know)

What does Athena actually do? There are 100 million crowd signs for her every week; but I've never seen her do anything!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Don't feel bad, I've recieved more mail concerning my dislike of Athena than anything else I've ever done combined.

Guest J*ingus

Athena takes the ring gear (shirts, sunglasses, whatever) of the wrestlers to the back. She's a cute, sweet girl who is actually a hell of a heel valet and promo talker at the local shows, but has never been given a chance to do much.

Funny story: last night, a bunch of us including Athena and me were standing around outside a show. A lost little kitty cat was wandering around, and Athena chased it off, as she apparently hates cats. I rescued the poor thing and then sneaked up on her with it, almost succeeding in dumping it into her arms. Instead, she whipped out a water bottle and attempted to douse the feline. I backpedalled wildly, screaming "No! Don't wet my pussy!" She stared at me for a moment, dumbfounded, and then sadly walked back into the building, shoulders hunched, a general air of defeat about her person. I rule, sometimes.