TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SWF Smarkdown Card!

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
No offense guys, but how on earth is it too complicated? It's a frickin' four-corners match. Shockingly basic stip that I put on so you wouldn't just have a fatal four-way, because I knew that at least Frost and Danny were not fans of multi-man simultaneous clusterfucks like triple threats and what-not. It's two guys in the ring at a time, and the wrestlers have to decide when they're willing to tag out and recuperate so they don't get pinned, at the possible risk of not getting the win if they're not in the ring at the time. We had four uppercard guys recently in pursuit of the title available, and considering what I know from all of you about where you plan to go in the near future, it seems to have opportunities for each of you to get on track.

Actually, I would've preferred a fatal four-way... seems LESS complicated to me, since I don't have to worry about who's tagging in and out all the time.

It's not a huge deal Edwin... I probably would've booked the same match... but there's just something about this one... whether it be a lack of heels or a lack of variety in styles, that's causing me to just be not able to GET SOME FUCKING FLOW INTO THIS DAMNED MATCH.

I tried, and I failed... I'll probably try one more time later this afternoon, too... but it's just a hard match. I can't say why... it IS a bit complicated regardless of what you say, but most of all it all just seems iffy.

Again, I'm not complaining really -- it's me, not you. I'm just really worried about what's gonna happen when King only gets one match, considering that I just promised him that I'd start showing and get out of my slump, and I'm starting out with this monster.

....Meh....

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I'd agree with what TNT says. It's just that the dynamics of who is booked is complicated and hard to wrap a good match structure around. Not only do you have four faces and three hosses, but all who are strong individuals. TBS and I were talking in chat the other day and said there is no real way that either him or me would tag out to either one of the other guys, because that's not how our characters do things (and not that smart since it's not elimination), regardless of the fact that there is a bond between Frost and TNT and heat with Frost and Danny still. This is also a ppv level main event on a regular show with a ppv type word limit in a regular show span to write it. As I said, this is just too much match for me to want to write or get up to writing for at this time. And, while I do appreciate the concession to me and Danny with the stips, it's missing the big picture. This is still a multi-man match and you still have to deal with four people and a combination of 16 different characters and storyline threads. It's like a rapist wearing a condom. It's a concession to make things better, but you're still missing the fact that it's forcing someone to do something they have openly expressed that they don't want to do.

And yes, I am openly critizing the booking. This is no slight against Edwin who I think is a good booker and is a great member of the CC with the best intrests of the fed at heart. However, I didn't like this particular match when I first read it, and despite efforts to attempt to write I find it beyond myself to do something with at this time and the booking has a lot to do with it.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Eddie, I gotta say, I've never liked the matches where you tag in and out. It's just a pet peeve of mine, and it's really the only stip I don't like. If you had made it elimination, I would have been down with this, since it makes sense to tag in and out then. But this way, there's no real reason to tag in and out. Basically, this is about the only stip in the world that I'm not a fan of. I still plan on writing the match (although I haven't started due to work yet, and I need to write it all in 24 hours), but it's not my fave. I like the idea, and your reasoning behind it is good, but next time, just make it elim. That would make the match infinitely better, IMO.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Fair enough, guys. I understand your many criticisms, but it seems more often than not that there's very few matches beyond regular singles matches or tags that can get approval these days.

I'm noting your concerns, but I hope you understand how hard it is when some of the wrestlers involved ask for a match where they can interact in a particular way, and I can't put them in a tag because of extenuating circumstances. I also hope you realize how very difficult it can be for CC to sometimes keep the matches fresh. I would have been more than content to do a CCBB reunion with Frost/TNT vs. Danny/Strangler if I could make that work, but considering the current characters and the specific requests of some people involved, I definitely couldn't do that.

We have to throw some big matches on the regular shows because we go between 6 and 8 weeks between Pay Per Views and need some things to drive the fed in the meantime. We have to try out new things because, just as writers can get tired of writing the same things over and over again, markers can get tired of marking the same things over and over again. Look at this way as well: I look at my booking file on Frost, and I see that I should try to avoid triple threats, fatal four ways, and now most multiman matches that aren't elimination and don't have a pretty level distribution of faces and heels. I understand his preferences and always try to do my best in accomodating what he likes. Yet it sometimes limits my ability to try to book fresh, and there's only so much we can do when four of our uppercarders at the moment beyond Tom "Needs A Rematch" Flesher are all faces and we'd like to test them against or with each other. Some toes'll unfortunately end up getting stepped on.

This isn't me trying to make excuses or change your minds, as I doubt I will, nor do I think I really need to. As a booker I certainly don't expect you to coddle me and love everything I book. At this point though, I'm just letting you know--and that's everybody really, not just you guys-- that I understand the problems and will do my best to keep up, but that there is unfortunately only so much flexibility that we've got in addressing them. I'll do my best to avoid car crashes like this in the future as long as you guys do your best to try to get behind most of the matches we on CC can offer to you. For now, good luck if you are taking a go at the match, and enjoy the rest if you're giving it a pass.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

That was a clear and level headed post, Edwin. I thank you for your reply and understanding. I am sorry if I tend to be restrictive in what you can do with me, but I'm at a point where I am getting very burned out very fast and I'm doing what I can to keep myself interested and in things. Oddly, that means not 'freshening' my booking up and not being pushed as a main eventer. I don't care about my position on the card and I don't care about winning the world title anytime soon. I just want to write, and I want to write what I want to write. I've been trying to request my bookings recently to help the bookers out, but didn't request anything to you this time Edwin as I thought TNT was requesing a booking that I gave him permission to ask for. I applaud your attempts to keep the shows interesting, fresh and entertaining and am sorry that I am not the type of writer that can step up to those ideas and attempts at this time. (So, I guess I'm saying I like things dull, stale and boring.)

Guest Coffin Surfer

To be perfectly honest I didn't have a problem with the booking. Guys can logically tag out if their hurt and tired, and don't want to be pinned. I got out to a good start, but in the end, I no showed.

It had nothing to do with the match or burnout, as I'm just having to deal with alot of bullshit in the real world at the moment, and didn't really have the time to write.

My apologies to my opponents.

Guest Space_Cowboy

Barring a miracle there's no way i'm going to be able to get in a match that isn't a rushed piece of shit. I'll try, but i'd say there's a very strong chance there'll be a new ICTV champ after this show.

EDIT: And now due to work being a bastard a no-show is pretty much guarenteed. So unless he no-shows as well, Beezel is your ICTV Champ.

Edited by Space_Cowboy

Guest Beingz0wningj00

*puffs Dubie*

Sorry King... I think Silent and myself started an infection.

Let's shake this show off, make it fun, and come back stronger for the following show y'all... ok?

Guest Goodear

Shake off the show nothing. I can't speak for anyone else, but I wrote my match and expect billions of people to read the darn thing... even if it loses. Damn it.

Ejiro "Wants Attention"

Guest The Superstar

You dirty BASTARDS~! You're supposed to be *ROLE MODELS*!

Guest Goodear

Look what you've done! You've corrupted poor Charlie... *pats his head* there, there...

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

:: points to Ejiro ::

:: points to himself ::

(singing) Here we come to save the daaaay!

Guest Kibagami

I'm back in form, too. Showing up and everything. Oh yeah. You know you like it. Tell me how you like it.

Yeah.

K.

Guest Beezel

Barring a lightning bolt coming out of what is currently a clear blue sky and killing me, I will have a match in. I'll be late, but showing. Apologies for the lateness, I will try not to delay the show.

Guest Ash Ketchum

What Beezel said.

Except there was lightning and storms here last night. And I did ask for a time extension before those storms came towards me... and ended up going north and south of me.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Delay, delay! By all means, delay!

I've found myself in the unfortunate predicament of waiting on someone else to turn in a promo in order for my promo to make sense, so, by all means, delay! I need to stall until he shows up! :(

*sigh* At least I got my match turned in on time...

Guest Ash Ketchum

*phew* Finally done. Even after all the crap I did this weekend (fireworks, partying, going out to look for a job some more, etc.). Feels good to still have my most important streak intact. :)

Guest Renegade

Quite intresting to read the main event since people seem to have trouble writing it.

Oh and I can be booked for next show, I know Edwin rushed this card so I'm cool.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Sorry Renegade. I misread the PM you sent me about not being booked on the last *Lockdown*, not Smarkdown. My mistake.

You should send a PM to King requesting your intention to definitely be booked, because he might not check the card before he posts.

Guest Suicide King

I have one of the matches but not the other. Stryke, if you're online, get it to me posthaste.

Edited by Suicide King