TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

Superstar Book Reccomendations

Guest Jobber of the Week

Looks like they're kicking off the tour to get kids to read over the summer again, and here's Ye Olde Book Reccomendations:

http://getreal.wwe.com/real/recommendations.html

I guess The Smartest Man In Wrestling doesn't read, and neither does Kurt Angle from the complete lack of contributions on this page. Then again, we all know Lance "Boring" Storm is an avid reader and there's nothing from him on this page either. Maybe it'd go over most kids' heads, but not any more than Dean Koontz novels or Catch-22.

Most Predictable Choice goes to Billy Kidman and also YES SHAWN, WE KNOW YOU'RE A BIG CHRISTIAN. Maybe this guy should have retired from the ring, and seeked out how to become a Pastor or something?

I was disappointed with Hogan's book, only 300 + pages? He left out a lot of stuff (Starrcade 97 finish for example).

Foley Is Good was good as well as Angle's book although I wish I bought it.

Haven't read Lawler's.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

HHH: "How to screw Canadians" by Vince McMahon - it's a heart warming tale about rising above oppression and finding your spirit. It also doubles as a how-to guide... I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

Guest Steve J. Rogers

I guess The Smartest Man In Wrestling doesn't read, and neither does Kurt Angle from the complete lack of contributions on this page. Then again, we all know Lance "Boring" Storm is an avid reader and there's nothing from him on this page either. Maybe it'd go over most kids' heads, but not any more than Dean Koontz novels or Catch-22.

Its possible they had a quota of people and thats all they were able to approach.

Take it easy on the roster as the folks in the posters weren't listed (Booker, Brock and Rey)

YES SHAWN, WE KNOW YOU'RE A BIG CHRISTIAN. Maybe this guy should have retired from the ring, and seeked out how to become a Pastor or something?

Hey if the guy was to pimp The Good Book why not. Probably shouldn't have gone into his personal life there but its his blurb

Steve

Guest MideonMark

Why did I laugh at Spankys choice? He lives his gimmick even when choosing books

Catch-22 is excellent, so good choice Nowinski, havent read any of the others

Guest Anglesault

We've hit an all-new low when we mock the WWF for encouraging kids to read.

That is all.

I have a book I read every summer and one I’d recommend to everybody. It’s called the Bible. I read it every day. I just picked up a book called The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel. Hugo, one of our Spanish announcers, gave it to me. The first book is called The Case for Christ, about a guy who was an atheist who went to discredit the Resurrection and by the end of it, he couldn’t do it. He found the Lord. The next one he wrote was The Case for Faith. That’s the next book I’m going to read. I’m in the middle of a yearlong Bible study right now, where we read one book a week, so that’s my focus right now.

Jesus Christ....... How can this be the same guy that did all the stuff with DX?

Guest Choken One

How much longer before the Bible Clique runs over WWE?

HBK-Jericho-Hugo-Dvon

WHAT A THREAT!

Guest Jobber of the Week
How much longer before the Bible Clique runs over WWE?

HBK-Jericho-Hugo-Dvon

WHAT A THREAT!

HBK & Sting as "The Jesus Pals," managed by DiBiase.

Guest Choken One

I'd figured SOH would recomend Caterbury Tales or something...

Raven would've recomend. Catcher in the Rye...

Guest JaKyL25

Did anyone else get as much of a kick out of the hilarious posters as I did?

Booker T is a 5-time Reading Champion? I know we're not supposed to remember this far back, but did anyone see his pathetic performance on The Weakest Link?

Books are the NEXT big thing? Wow, way to shit on the past few thousand years, WWE. Continuity be damned, books are rookies! :lol:

Rey desperately clutching his Harry Potter book is priceless. It's like it's his security blanket. "NO, Asai, you CAN'T have it! It's MINE!"

Guest Jobber of the Week

Goldberg: "How To Get Ahead Without Really Trying"

Guest Sakura
We've hit an all-new low when we mock the WWF for encouraging kids to read.

But I thought Linda and Vince swear they don't market to kids!?

Guest Choken One

That's comical to think of WWE wrestlers sitting around doing a Book Talk...

Guest bravesfan

A pretty cool story on the site....

Something You Didn't Know About ... Rosey 

There’s a history lesson taking place on Monday Night RAW that most people aren’t aware of. On many nights, WWE Superstar Rosey’s ring attire comes straight out of the pages of baseball lore—replica jerseys from the Negro League, circa the 1930s and ‘40s. Before Jackie Robinson broke baseball’s color barrier in 1947, the Negro League was where many of the greatest players of the time hung their hats—men like Cool Papa Bell, Josh Gibson and Satchel Paige.

The Negro League folded not long after Robinson broke the color barrier, but the vintage jerseys live on, and are now seen by millions of WWE fans, courtesy of Rosey.

"I saw the HBO movie about Satchel Paige and Jackie Robinson [soul of the Game] and I loved the jerseys," says Rosey. "The jerseys were pretty cool. I got them at Deveroes in Cincinnati, where I get my jerseys and gear. They had the whole line. I just grabbed a bunch of them. I bought four at first. My guy there is getting me the rest of them."

So far, Rosey has broken out the jerseys of the Kansas City Monarchs, St. Louis Stars, Homestead Grays, and Baltimore Black Sox. He says that he’ll soon follow with the Pittsburgh Crawfords, New York Cubans and Indianapolis ABCs.

Guest Choken One

Deveroes is a nice store...thought I always stick out like a sore thumb there...

Guest Mulatto Heat

Goldberg: "How To Get Ahead Without Really Trying"

I still laugh at the book recommendations at the Amazon page for "The Game" DVD.

Guest Choken One

Get What?

Didn't you read the HBK comment...

Hugo is a Big Christian...

thus...

HBK-Jericho-Hugo-dvon

The big 4 christians in WWE...