TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

Official Preview for 7/9/03!

I'm on a roll copying and pasting!

AJ STYLES (With Vince Russo) VS D-LO BROWN

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

D-LO Brown finally gets what he has been asking for, a shot at AJ Styles for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Vince Russo has told Brown that he and Styles are the “Complete Package”, but Brown says he’s going to have an “Equalizer”. Exactly what did D-LO mean? Find out this Wednesday when D-LO and AJ square off with the NWA World Heavyweight Title up for grabs.

AMERICA’S MOST WANTED VS SIMON DIAMOND & JOHNNY SWINGER

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Diamond & Swinger have appeared on TNA before, and this time they are gunning for AMW in hopes of beating them for the NWA World Tag Team Titles. AMW defended the belts last week against Sonny Siaki and David Young and are ready for all challengers. This week they defend against two former ECW stars who are looking to walk away with AMW’s title belts.

JEFF JARRETT VS LEGEND

Jeff Jarrett was brutalized last week by the surprise attack from the massive Legend, and will be looking for revenge this week. Jarrett is still aching from the beating he took last week and won’t be anywhere near 100% for this match, but will be looking to reverse roles this week by inflicting a beating on Legend.

SHANE DOUGLAS VS JULIO DENIRO

Shane Douglas looks to continue his rampage this week as he takes on Julio Deniro. Douglas has bragged that he and James Mitchell have put both Raven and CM Punk out of action in recent weeks, and is looking to add another victim this Wednesday night. Will Deniro be on the receiving end of a fireball from James Mitchell? Find out Wednesday!

JERRY LYNN & ERIK WATTS VS KID KASH & THE ABYSS

Jerry Lynn challenged Justin Credible to a “Last Man Standing” match for this week, but Credible declined to accept the challenge. Instead, Lynn will be teaming with Erik Watts to take on the team of Kid Kash & The Abyss.

ALSO ON THE SHOW

Chris Sabin has told Frankie Kazarian he’ll have to earn his shot at the X Title, and has come up with a special qualifying challenge for Kazarian on this week’s show. Sandman barely survived the Hard 10 Tournament and will be on hand this week for the official presentation of the Hard 10 Championship. James Mitchell will answer questions about his recent actions in a sit down interview. Raven is still out of action as a result of the fireball attack two weeks ago and will not appear on this week’s program. What will Mitchell have to say about that? Shark Boy will be at the Asylum, but New Jack is out of action recovering from injuries suffered last week. Without New Jack around to look out for him, will Shark Boy be able to keep his mask? All this and much more…only on iN DEMAND and DirecTV Channel 102.

--------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a good show. I love the fact that it's not the same old matches every week. There's actually some freshness. Kazarian in action=good for me.

But what about SHOCKER and NEGRO CASAS???

Chris Sabin has told Frankie Kazarian he’ll have to earn his shot at the X Title, and has come up with a special qualifying challenge for Kazarian on this week’s show.

Shocker vs Kazarian, Kazarian wins. Kazarian vs Negro. Or a handicap match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

This week is worth it just for AJ vs. D-Lo as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the Kazarian deal ends up with Shocker and Casas involved...since they were announced for the show but are absent from the lineup.

Guest BoboBrazil

Please stop the Kazarian push TNA. PLEASE. No Raven again this week sucks ass. This show will probably suck ass.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't understand the Kazarian hate.

He's bland? So what?

He had great matches with London and Sabin in back to back shows. He's perfect for the X division.

Guest juvvy

D-Lo VS AJ looks like its gonna be MOTN

Good to see Diamond & Swinger are in TNA but I dont see them winning

No Raven?(Damnit)

They better have Shocker and Negro Casas on the show wrestling

I would personally like to see Kazarian VS Paul London VS Shocker VS Negro Casas for #1 to the X Title

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I mean, I understand where Bobo's coming from and I'd probably agree with him if I didn't like his Sabin and London matches so much.

As soon as someone does something to entertain me I forgive other problems like charisma and mic skills.

Guest BoboBrazil

I'm going to stop ordering TNA if tomorrow night's show isn't good. I don't like this new direction they are heading in.

Guest PowerPB13

Add on that six-way X-Division match...Frankie Kazarian vs. Kid Romeo vs. Derrick Wylde vs. Matt Stryker vs. Matt Sydal(GCW!) vs. Showtime Eric Young.

A shame that Shocker and Casas couldn't make it to the show, but on the other side of the coin, it's cool to see a local worker from the St. Louis area get onto the pay-per-view show(he's been on XPlosion several times).

-Patrick

Guest BoboBrazil

They are going to a more wrestling based format with all wrestling. Wrestling is fine when it is 2 wrestlers that are entertaining and are in an entertaining storyline, but I just dont want to guys out there wrestling for no reason, especially when they are boring. I don't want to see shitty wrestlers out their stinking it up in long matches just because they misunderstand what people mean by more wrestling either. They are going to start heading in a downward spiral to back where they were when they tried this approach before in September/October of last year. When they tried it then it dropped them down to around 5,000 buys a week.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't know...they're still doing the promo's and stuff it's just that those promo's are all leading to action of some sort.

Douglas opens the show with a promo and it turns into a match with CM Punk.

Jarrett and Russo have a promo and it leads to a beatdown from Joe E. Legend.

D-Lo has a promo and it leads to an impromptu cage fight with Styles.

I'm a fan of action, especially when it moves ahead the storylines.

The problems I see are these:

1. Erik Watts' matches are entirely too long. If they used him in short matches they'd probably be pretty watchable.

2. There are too many things going on in one show. I am all for having everyone doing a storyline...but every week they try and further every single one. That gets real confusing.

Guest Slapnuts00

I like it. Crash TV works when it's based around matches and fast paced segments. Not wasted on meaningless backstage skits and long worked shoot promos.