TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest William E

X-men:The Arcade Game

Guest William E

I feel that the X-men:The Arcade Game doesn't get the recognition it deserves as one of the best arcade games next to the Streetfighters and Mortal Kombats. I remember how fun that game was especially when you had four other people to play with. There was a laundrymart that I would go to and lose all my quarters playing that game. The game featured some pretty good graphics and sound for it's time and was never ported to a home console. IMO it is one of the best arcade games ever and the best X-men adventure game to date. Anyone else agree?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Colossus and Storm rule. Spent about 5 bucks a day on that game, to beat it from start to end every time I went to the arcade. Good times.

Guest Memphis
Colossus and Storm rule. Spent about 5 bucks a day on that game, to beat it from start to end every time I went to the arcade. Good times.

Go the Storm love. That bitch kicks it.

Myself and my friends spent HOURS playing that game when we were kids. I can't imagine how much cash we spent trying to finish the thing.

Never did, either.

M

Guest starvenger
I feel that the X-men:The Arcade Game doesn't get the recognition it deserves as one of the best arcade games next to the Streetfighters and Mortal Kombats. I remember how fun that game was especially when you had four other people to play with. There was a laundrymart that I would go to and lose all my quarters playing that game. The game featured some pretty good graphics and sound for it's time and was never ported to a home console. IMO it is one of the best arcade games ever and the best X-men adventure game to date. Anyone else agree?

Four? Fuck that. The six player, multiscreen version was the shit. Best multiplayer hack-n-slash ever...

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Great game, especially in 6-player mode.

My character was Storm. When I worked at an arcade I'd play that game quite often after we closed up.

Best I ever did was beating it with 5 credits (Should have been 4, but I died at the very end)...

Guest KANE

I cleaned up with Cyclops and Colossis. I really didn't like using the 3 characters on the right side of the console.

Still, awesome game, up there in pure great arcade madness with TMNT: The Arcade Game.

Guest eiker_ir

a classic indeed. I still play this whenever i see it at the arcades.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

Love the game. One of the true arcade classics.

Where's the Nightcrawler love?

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Nightcrawler's the shit. Me and my friends went to, and still goto this pizza buffet. And they have tat, The Simpsons arcade game, and table top hockey. We would stay there four hours, eat bbq pizza and play video games.

Guest Prototype450

Me and my brother got to the end with Cyclops and Colosseus. We COULD NOT beat Magneto at all. We didn't know how to get around to hit him cuz he had that big bubble thing that would hit you if you tried to hit him.

Guest starvenger
Nightcrawler's the shit. Me and my friends went to, and still goto this pizza buffet. And they have tat, The Simpsons arcade game, and table top hockey. We would stay there four hours, eat bbq pizza and play video games.

Wait... air hockey or bubble hockey?

Dames - that Prince poster in the background is rather frightening...

Guest Aero

Awesome game indeed... easily my favorite arcade game of all time. I tore that game up with Cyclops and Colossus... although I never did beat it, even with a group effort.

Guest Prototype450

I know. Must people get to the end and can never beat Magneto. He's just damn hard to beat.

That was an arcade in Times Square before they cleaned it up. There were a lot of other disturbing, random posters all over that place.

Dames

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I'm not a big X-Men buff -- who was the chick that (I think) occupied the far right side of the game? She looked "normal," not like the other mutants.

If we had six people playing, the person that got to the game last would always have to play as her...

Guest The Notorious CRD

I played the heck out of this game back in the day. I loved playing as Colossus or Wolverine. Ah, memories. :wub:

Guest William E

That game was hard as hell to beat, whenever I went to play it, I would wait for someone to join in. Damn Sentinels were too much for me.

Guest EricMM

Are you kidding, I only ever played Nightcrawler or Dazzler. I especially liked hopping around w/ NC doing jumping dive things, and I loved dazzlers special.

Guest Sakura

No love? Seems like anyone who has been in an arcade in the 90's adores this game.

I love the Beat em' up genre and would place X-Men under the Streets of Rage series as best.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I remember years after playing the double wide screen version I was at a theater waiting for my movie to begin. I saw the X-Men game and popped in a quarter.

There was only one screen and it covered only about 1/3 of what I was normally used to playing with.

Ugh...

I saw this one guy go through the entire game with Wolverine and continue maybe twice.

I loved X-Men but ever since Final Fight 3 came out for the SNES, nothing else compares.

EDIT: I take that back. Alien Vs. Predator is the best beatemup in existence.

Edited by Rendclaw

Guest Sakura

Yeah, there's a 4 player cabinet with only one screen. You can also just install the game board into any old cabinet and it'd be two player or whatever.

Guest Just call me Dan
I saw this one guy go through the entire game with Wolverine and continue maybe twice.

I loved X-Men but ever since Final Fight 3 came out for the SNES, nothing else compares.

My dad took my friends and I to an arcade for my 8th birthday and gave me 40 bucks to play. I left them all behind and me and 2 other guys wated all the cash we had on that game and beat it. I can't remember the ending, but that game was indeed the shit.

I remember when my mother bought me a bike for my 14th birthday... one of the first mountain/trail bikes Huffy ever made... the tires were ENORMOUS... most of the kids in my neighborhood called it "The Truck" because of the sound of the tires made when rolling at high speed...

Most of my relatives gave me cash, I figured that it was about 60-80 dollars all told... in a massive binge, I rode my new bike down to Spanky's (the local arcade) and proceeded to blow every dollar I had in the place, only taking time to ride to Duchess for some chicken chow mein, then back to Spanky's.

Ahh to be addicted to video games as a teen.... better than alcohol or pot, thats for sure.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Would Golden Axe count as a beatmeup game?

If so that was my favorite of this genra (I don't count Shinobi in this group)...

Guest starvenger

Would Golden Axe count as a beatmeup game?

Absolutely, and definitely one of the better hack'n'slashes out there. That newer 4-player Golden Axe wasn't as good as the original though...