TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Gauntlet legends

Has anyone played Gauntlet Legends: Dark Legacy?  Is it anything like the original, and is it worth buying or just a rental?

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I have GL:DL for PS2. It was the first game I got last May.

I'm not much of a reviewer, so forgive me if this seems shoddy.

What I like -- All the worlds from the Arcade version are in this one, even another extra board or two. Multi-player is an experience, but without the threat of losing $$$ over playing poorly, it takes some of the edge out of it.

What I didn't like -- The graphics aren't too detailed, due to the TV screen's size. For some reason, the replay value isn't as strong as when I played it endlessly in the Arcade.

Overall: Seeing how it's been out in the market for a while now, you could probably get GL:DL at a reasonable price. Bite the financial bullet and get it for those nights you and several buddies want to just kill a bunch of bad guys while boozing it up. Multi-tap is strongly reccommended, although having 4 characters running around at once can get cumbersome.

Guest The Man in Blak

Call it strange, but I think that the Gauntlet Legends series has gotten steadily worse with each port to a console.  The first one on N64 was pretty killer, the Dreamcast one was a little "blah", and, personally, Dark Legacy was pretty shoddy.

I enjoyed Dark Legacy quite a bit. While I was a huge mark for the old school Gauntlet titles, I wasn't too fond of the arcade update the series saw a few years ago, and I didn't give the ports much of a look. One day I just decided I would give the series another chance though, and so I bought DL. I had some fun with it.