TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OnlyMe

"WWE DVDs and Not So Special Features"

Guest bob_barron

I don't really have a problem with WWE DVDs and find that to be one of the few things they do right.

So they don't load up on extras? Big deal. As long as the show is good I'm happy.

The Armageddon DVD actually includes the fatal four way classic from Smackdown! where Angle won the #1 contendership- I think that was the case of WWE knowing they had a shit show and putting a great extra on to entice the fans- so occasionally they DO do the right thing

Guest OnlyMe

The Armageddon DVD actually includes the fatal four way classic from Smackdown! where Angle won the #1 contendership- I think that was the case of WWE knowing they had a shit show and putting a great extra on to entice the fans- so occasionally they DO do the right thing

I haven't seen the DVD, so I couldn't comment on whether it makes the DVD worth purchasing. I respect your opinion, even though I don't think that match makes the purchase worthwhile. Of course, YMMV.

Guest The Czech Republic
Clixio

Thoughts? Comments?

Good work, I really liked it. Great points about how there's so much they can do with the DVDs. With the Raw DVD, I would've liked to have seen a "year in review" for each year of Raw from '93 to '02, with all the best clips. As extras, maybe show some stuff from the last episodes of Prime Time, and some other stuff. Oh well. I'm just hoping that some of the next DVD releases are along the lines of "The Ultimate Chris Jericho Highlight Reel" and "Just A Bunch of Chris Benoit Matches."

Guest OnlyMe

With the Raw DVD, I would've liked to have seen a "year in review" for each year of Raw from '93 to '02, with all the best clips

That would rule so much. But we'll probably never see anything from the "scratch logo" era on DVD. I can't see the logic behind it being banned, but that's a different rant.

Its pretty cool, I just wish they would more full length matches from RAW or SD. And they need to stop editing wrestler's themes, it fucking annoying. Damn Vince, that rich cheapass.

Guest MARTYEWR

Nik Johnson is right on the money here. I didn't bother buying Royal Rumble 2003 on DVD because of the total lack of interesting extras. I bought it on VHS instead, mainly for Benoit-Angle.

They also probably should've waited until AFTER they officially owned the ECW tape library before compiling the Rey Mysterio DVD. The Psychosis match (Rey's first in ECW) as well as the Juvi match (Rey's last) were both VERY good, and would've been great additions for the DVD. They would've added a lot more variety too. Minor, yes, but it would've made a good->great DVD even better.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I give the Worst WWF DVD Of All Time Award to InVasion, as many of it's extras don't actually WORK when you click on them in the menu and instead cause the disc to stop playing, booting your out to your "stopped" screen.

I had to stick it in a PC player and rip the special features off the disc to watch them. They're there, but there's something buggy with the menus.

Guest HellSpawn
I give the Worst WWF DVD Of All Time Award to InVasion, as many of it's extras don't actually WORK when you click on them in the menu and instead cause the disc to stop playing, booting your out to your "stopped" screen.

I had to stick it in a PC player and rip the special features off the disc to watch them. They're there, but there's something buggy with the menus.

2 Questions

That bug in the InVasion DVD is for everyone or is just in JotW DVD ?

What are the Extras in InVasion ?

Guest eiker_ir

i've never heard about the Invasion DVD problem before, the extras i think are like 20 of those short interviews with wrestlers and a clip of ECW invading RAw i believe.

i don't have a problem with PPV DVDs, as they're always 3+ hours shows so just a couple of extras it's ok, of course if they fill it with alot of extras sweet, but i buy these always for the event itself.

i do like how for Wrestlemania they work harder to make a better DVD.

the individual superstar DVDs(HBK, Rey, Hogan) these are great i think they do a pretty good job with them.

Guest bravesfan

All of the Region 1 Invasion DVD's are affected by the menu bug.

As JOTW said, you can access those broken links (Angle & Kidman interviews, IIRC) via WinDVD 4 or a decrypting program.